Micro-dosing

DaBongLord

I use a mighty, with a dosing capsule and a half cut-up liquid pad to space the capsule out.

But again, I'm only changing my amounts by sight. Any images of people weighing a certain amount would be heaps helpful!

DaBongLord,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Densities vary so I'm not sure visual is the best to go by when dealing with amounts of <.1g

edit: just buy a milligram scale - the AWS gemini is $20. If you're worried about people thinking you sell pot using a milligram scale... then idk... you have some bigger problems

Last edited:

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
Hey guys,

Im new to micro dosing and have been unable to get a hold of super accurate scales (mainly because my house mate is worried it might show intent to supply by having it around the house) so was wondering if anyone could make a visual guide of how grinded up herb looks at say, like 0.02g, 0.05g, and 0.15g

I've been just cutting down slowly to crumbs and now by dosage has changed again, and it would be nice to have something accurate to go off to find my 'threshold tolerance' and enjoy all the benefits of true micro dosing

cheers in advance

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TDNAM/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Little Bill,
Reactions: muunch
Hey guys,

Im new to micro dosing and have been unable to get a hold of super accurate scales (mainly because my house mate is worried it might show intent to supply by having it around the house) so was wondering if anyone could make a visual guide of how grinded up herb looks at say, like 0.02g, 0.05g, and 0.15g
I have posted this three times in this thred. Go back to page 11 to see: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/micro-dosing.19915/page-11#post-1021597

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
good input folks! ... yep, i'm liking these smaller doses. they certainly have their place.

i still can't believe i can walk into a store and walk out with a bag of weed in my hand and not think twice about it. why yes officer, that is marijuana! wanna see??? :)

You are Soooo lucky to have it readily available. Enjoy indeed.

for you folks who take T breaks. i've found that using a different genetic every day keeps that problem away. each day i grab a different jar and i've been vaping an average of .75 of a gram per day for a few years now. i could vape more but i just don't need it.

i occasionally vape hash all day and start back on flowers the next day. not a problem with tolerance.

if you have the opportunity to have more than one genetic, try switching out every day. works for me, might work for you. as long as i don't have anything to do, i like getting high every day and i stay buzzed most of the day.

Comfortably numb... definitely ! :cool:

HUGE. I think i'm on day 4 now....and feel like a different person when waking up. And with micros I can still enjoy my medicine! It's so nice to be myself again... I didn't even know I was living in perpetual fog.

Thank you for being open and candid about it. It's helpful for me to remember that the goal in not to loose it but to be better off at all levels wholistic as the saying goes. Thanks biohacker.

Great thread! Thank you guys! :tup:

For the love of science!!!:science:
Indeed very informative thread! Thank you all.

This is why a key component to micro dosing is waiting to feel effects. This allows users to feel the dose that is right for them without overdosing. Each time new buds are introduced the dose is re-determined.
Wise recommandation.

I couldn't agree more... I've been there several times already and the reason why I micro dose now is because it keeps me far away from overusage, compulsive use or abuse. I know how all of this feels like in my personal experience and they don't make cannabis the life enhancing experience I want to have. At the end, this is a medicine and all medicines should be handled with care.

There's a some degree of misinterpretation within the cannabis community on how to use cannabis. Most doctors say that average use is between 1 to 3 gr/day. But if you read carefully the specs and recommendations, this dosage is only for very severe conditions (chemotherapy, extreme chronic pain, etc.) and up to 6 months. Those with less severe conditions should in theory use way less than this amount and start micros, but I guess things got pretty much misinterpreted...

[QUOTE="Farid, post: 904743, member: ] I've actually stopped enjoying big sessions because of the way they ruin my subsequent sessions until I can get my tolerance down. It's almost like I've had to make a conscious choice between enjoying cannabis as a recreational drug, and using it effectively as a medicine. I'm sure I could ride the line between the two, but it's hard to maintain without tolerance becoming an issue.

I fully agree. However, I've decided to treat cannabis mostly as a medicine and follow both scientific as well as my home made rules... And I'm trying never to brake those. It may require some time to do it and find the right spot, but then I guess you'll have less duality in your life coz you'll just follow the rules you decided were the best for you to have a balanced relation with the substance. Any sort of craving, addition and abuse is bad I guess, and we should try to avoid those unless strictly necessary coz of serious medical conditions as I said before... and I'm no saint whatsoever... Just trying to do my best to be a happy and satisfied responsible cannabis user.[/QUOTE]

WoW! Impressive summary of what is at stake in all of this. THank you very much organic weed. I certainly desire to walk that path.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaked420

Currently in Amsterdam for about a week and don't have access to a vape :( I've been smoking a joint once a day in the afternoon so far and this was the 3rd day/3rd joint. Some things I've learned

-Wow holy shit did I forgot how much everything smoke related smells fucking acrid, including my clothes if I'm in a coffee shop smoking, even just for 15 or 20 minutes.

-honestly after the first day, I got used to the harshness and taste. And I make sure when I smoke to keep the cherry as low temperature as possible, which actually smokes pretty well especially with a good roll and smoked indoors. As much as I still don't like it, I can get how someone who's been smoking for a couple years wouldn't see the benefit of vaping right away. It reminds me how much I actually liked smoking even as I became a regular vaper. Don't get me wrong, my mouth still tastes like an ashtray and I brushed my teeth and washed my hands right after. But it just doesn't bug me as much as the first day I was here. Just an observation.
-my main observation though was, HOLY SHIT. This ~.6 gram joint barely gets me high! My tolerance has been dropping since I got here, and I was barely even having .02 in my flight box per day. These .6 gram joints are literally about the same cannabinoids delivered as .02 grams in my MFLB, and I vape it to a light brown. It's made me realize not only how efficient vaporizing actually is, but also how much even the smallest amounts can be over indulging. I really can get by with one hit on my flight box, but I just love vaping for the flavor and the act of it and the whole process. It's hard for me to hold myself back, but it's made realize that I need to watch my intake. Even a very small amount vaped can be over indulging for me and starts to bring out negative side effects.

Anyways, wish I had a vape here with me in Amsterdam. I had thought about buying a vapcap to bring with me and throw away after, but thought it'd be too expensive. Would've literally paid for itself within the week...

stonedbob

100% THC
Currently in Amsterdam for about a week and don't have access to a vape :( I've been smoking a joint once a day in the afternoon so far and this was the 3rd day/3rd joint. Some things I've learned

-Wow holy shit did I forgot how much everything smoke related smells fucking acrid, including my clothes if I'm in a coffee shop smoking, even just for 15 or 20 minutes.

-honestly after the first day, I got used to the harshness and taste. And I make sure when I smoke to keep the cherry as low temperature as possible, which actually smokes pretty well especially with a good roll and smoked indoors. As much as I still don't like it, I can get how someone who's been smoking for a couple years wouldn't see the benefit of vaping right away. It reminds me how much I actually liked smoking even as I became a regular vaper. Don't get me wrong, my mouth still tastes like an ashtray and I brushed my teeth and washed my hands right after. But it just doesn't bug me as much as the first day I was here. Just an observation.
-my main observation though was, HOLY SHIT. This ~.6 gram joint barely gets me high! My tolerance has been dropping since I got here, and I was barely even having .02 in my flight box per day. These .6 gram joints are literally about the same cannabinoids delivered as .02 grams in my MFLB, and I vape it to a light brown. It's made me realize not only how efficient vaporizing actually is, but also how much even the smallest amounts can be over indulging. I really can get by with one hit on my flight box, but I just love vaping for the flavor and the act of it and the whole process. It's hard for me to hold myself back, but it's made realize that I need to watch my intake. Even a very small amount vaped can be over indulging for me and starts to bring out negative side effects.

Anyways, wish I had a vape here with me in Amsterdam. I had thought about buying a vapcap to bring with me and throw away after, but thought it'd be too expensive. Would've literally paid for itself within the week...
you can buy VapCap from Azarius smartshop.
there are also some coffeshops with Volcano that you can use and its great!

MinnBobber

Currently in Amsterdam for about a week and don't have access to a vape :( I've been smoking a joint once a day in the afternoon so far and this was the 3rd day/3rd joint
What parts of Amsterdam will you be in as some coffeeshops have vapes?

Paradox in Jordaan area has Volcanos. Great locals shop with excellent bud and best space-cakes if you want an edible. They also squeeze fresh juices there.

My fav shop, La Tertulia, in SW right on a gorgeous canal has a Verdampfer---you owe it to yourself to give that badboy a try. It's too big for a home vape for me but impressive. Call them first as it was missing a part in May. Vape and sit out front and watch the world go by.

Boerejongens West is out SW a bit but has best hash at best prices. They have many "blok" hashes, Amsterdam genetics but grown in Africa?? They are a lot of hash for the price.

Report back on what you experience please as we'd all like to be there :)

Vaked420

Huh that's cool that some have vapes. I won't be buying one now since I'm leaving in a few days and don't want to bring anything potentially smelly back to our airbnb.

We are staying in de pijp. Probably won't travel too far to a shop since it's usually in the afternoon when I'm consuming and I'm tired from walking all day, but would definitely check one out in the area! If there's any that are vaping only and no smoking at all that would be awesome. The stuffy smoky atmosphere is honestly worse than smoking itself and bugs my fiance who doesn't smoke and rarely vapes :/

And the city is amazing! Love the lifestyle, all of the biking is absolutely amazing, and the city itself is beautiful. Really an amazing trip all around so far. Going to rent some bikes tomorrow so that should be fun :)

Vaked420,
Reactions: Squiby

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I haven't vaped any flower in a while. It doesn't interest me at all right now. Been using the Divine Tribe for a nice tasty low temp concentrate hit and I'm good. There is a lot of time saved vaporizing in this style. And it's so portable/ discreet. My whole setup lately is the DTv3 on an Evic Basic with some concentrate and a toothpick on parchment, folded up in my wallet. It's so quick and painless and not messy at all, it really makes medicating easy. And to be so portable is amazing, I'm enjoying being outdoors again instead of glued to the volcano. And I can set my mood without looking or feeling like a criminal, just hitting an ecig like everybody else.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: hoptimum

hoptimum

I haven't vaped any flower in a while. It doesn't interest me at all right now. Been using the Divine Tribe for a nice tasty low temp concentrate hit and I'm good. There is a lot of time saved vaporizing in this style. And it's so portable/ discreet. My whole setup lately is the DTv3 on an Evic Basic with some concentrate and a toothpick on parchment, folded up in my wallet. It's so quick and painless and not messy at all, it really makes medicating easy. And to be so portable is amazing, I'm enjoying being outdoors again instead of glued to the volcano. And I can set my mood without looking or feeling like a criminal, just hitting an ecig like everybody else.

These are marvelous times we live in, when we can tailor our cannabis consumption to fit our individual requirements and life styles. I'm happy to be here to see this. It was a long time coming.
:tup:

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
Good morning FabulatorPoeta. I may be getting my Solo back off loan so I am looking for pointers on micro dosing with the Solo. Thanks

Hello @howie105. Happy reunion with Solo, surely enjoyable moments this weekend. I was myself wondering about the best way to micro dose with a Solo and asked help from people in the thread about Arizer Solo. You can read their answers that offer good suggestions. All the best.

FabulatorPoeta,
Reactions: ilsasta

biohacker

Planet Vape sells shorty aroma tubes and gong's as well....makes microdosing more effective IMO.

But either way you do it, just loading in micro loads is fine with a stock solo. A biomass presoak helps, as do higher temps. Best to experiment and do what suits best.

I'm looking forward to the new Arizer Solo 2 myself. AND starting micro dosing (AGAIN!)! :D

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
Planet Vape sells shorty aroma tubes and gong's as well....makes microdosing more effective IMO.

But either way you do it, just loading in micro loads is fine with a stock solo. A biomass presoak helps, as do higher temps. Best to experiment and do what suits best.

I'm looking forward to the new Arizer Solo 2 myself. AND starting micro dosing (AGAIN!)! :D

Hi @biohacker ! Could you explain what you mean by < a biomass presoak > please?

I love the Solo, yet I'm still hesitant about going for the Solo 2. My recent discovery of the VapCap changed my outlook on the whole experience, and the costs involved. And I don't really 'need' it. Trying to resist the VAS [vaporizer acquisition syndrom:o]

biohacker

Put your stem in and let it heat up, once stabilized let it heat soak for any extra 30 sec to a minute. It allows for pretty impressive vapour output/clouds with micro amounts.

The Solo 2 seems to be a massive improvement to me....i'm looking forward to microdosing with it! Now off to PV to pick up some awesome shorty gong's and toys.

Top Bottom