Michigan Drug Checkpoints

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I guess the 4th amendment doesn't mean anything any longer...

JD Supreme, IAMKrazy et al..... Beware!

bilde

Drivers face checkpoints

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I don't think I've ever seen one of those here in Holland (drug checkpoint I mean, not just the sign), but we don't have a 'war on drugs' like you guys of course. Not officially anyways.

I'm curious why they'd put up a sign to warn people about it though, it's like they want to give you the choice to turn around. Cops over there really do anything to avoid paper work don't they :lol:

OhTheAgony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
According to the article, they are targeting the cars that do turn around. This gives them the probable cause that they so desperately crave to bypass the 4th amendment.

Such assholes!

Stu,

SD_haze

Stu said:
According to the article, they are targeting the cars that do turn around. This gives them the probable cause that they so desperately crave to bypass the 4th amendment.

Such assholes!

all my rage....... :mad:

good luck out there everyone

SD_haze,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yes, the checkpoint is fake. They use it to provoke a reaction, once you try to turn around in the trap area they have you since you just broke the law. The news analysis and interview of the sheriff I heard said this may backfire big time on the cops. Why? Because the local DA now has to review EVERY case to see what went down and he is not sure he can take any of these cases to court and win since it is so close to entrapment.

t-dub

t-dub,
Top Bottom