MFLB or Da Buddha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicislife

So I am looking into getting a vaporizer to conserve and just because I want one.

From r/trees I discovered the MFLB and if you've never been to r/trees, let me tell you, they love the MFLB. But some things I don't like about it are having to recharge the batteries and an uncontrollable vape temp. The portability also doesn't really matter to me much either. However what I like about it is I've heard its great at conserving. From what I've seen is that the bowl (idk if you call it a bowl in a vape) is not huge and you can vape fine with a little bit.

Da Buddha wins where the MFLB fails but I don't know how useful it will be with conservation. From what I've read is its not worth it to vape a small amounts with da buddah.

For reference I usually rip bong and a bowl will set me back around .5 gram. I hear .5 gram can last a lot longer with a vape hence why I want one.

Any input will be appreciated

Thanks

musicislife,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think the DBV would be what you are looking for. You can still take massive bong rips, and the fact that you are vaping now - IF (and thats a big IF) you still decide to use .5g it will last a wee bit longer than it would if you were burning it.

Plus you can save/reuse your ABV later. :2c:

AGBeer,

musicislife

After doing more research would the MZ or PD be better if the main reason I'm getting a vape is to conserve?

I've read that the SSV is good for getting you ripped in a hurry and assume the DBV works similar. If I wanna get ripped in a hurry I can always milk a bong til I regret it :D.

musicislife,

nr-cole

Only difference between the DBV and the SSV (to my knowledge) is that the DBV is assembled in China and the angle of the attachment is different. Might use some cheaper parts too but I think the heating elements are the same.

To hear it from people around here, the efficiency of the PD is legendary. I think the reason is that the bowl on the stems is so small and it cooks the load so well that you can get a solid high off a stem or two. Not sure of the exact measurements.

nr-cole,

lwien

musicislife said:
After doing more research would the MZ or PD be better if the main reason I'm getting a vape is to conserve?

Yes.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

If you are looking for the best in terms of efficiency, then yes a PD or MZ would be the right choice.

Whip type vapes offer much thicker, larger hits, but yes they do so at the sake of efficiency.
I think even the PD can produce bigger hits then the PD, and log type units like the PD cant produce the larger hits that a DBV/SSV can.

as you can see, I have almost all the vapes in question, and they are all totally different but they each have their place in my collection.

Nycdeisel,

musicislife

Lwien what's your opinion of the PD versus the Buddha (saw on past vapes that you've had/used one). Also is the buddha similar to a pinch slide in the sense that the pinch slide gets you more fucked up but less efficient? Is the buddha efficient at all? (Sorry if redundant in questions but curious)

Didn't see that next post... How are they different?

musicislife,

lwien

The PD is more efficient than the Buddha, but the Buddha will provide bigger, thicker hits. Bigger thicker hits and efficiency can't occupy the same space at the same time and is the reason that many here own them both.

lwien,

musicislife

Yeah thats what I figured, it was a kinda dumb question.

So is the best way to buy the PD straight from manufacturer?

musicislife,

Nycdeisel

Couldnt have said it better myself, Lwien!

There is no other way to acquire a PD, you must go through their official site.

Nycdeisel,

B.

War Criminal
yeah, my ssv hits bigger than my mz thru my bong, but the mz is no slouch either. you can still get VERY satisfying hits with a log vape vape thru a bong. i find that i get one really good rip from a stem, with 2 or 3 lighter rips after.

kill a stem and wait 5 or 10 minutes before you rip another one to let the effects set in, best thing i ever did to increase my efficiency was to be patient and let the hits kick in before i took more. took me a while to realise that the full effect of a hit/session won't be felt immediately, and that i was vaping twice as much as i needed to to get where i wanted to be.

B.,

Nycdeisel

very key practice! Slow down when you vaporize. I notice that even one vapor bong hit through my DBV does more for me then one big bong hit of smoke, although the effect is very different. It may take you a bit of wasting herb to realize JUST how much more efficient vaporizing is, in general, then smoking. But its worth it in the end. Enjoy!

Nycdeisel,

BL4sT

Da buddha is perfect for a big stoner, for the price it's a great deal. I got the MFLB too, and it's.. bad, I don't even use it.. can't get what I want with that! And I must try the PD someday.. if it's better than DBV i must try that!

BL4sT,

lwien

BL4sT said:
And I must try the PD someday.. if it's better than DBV i must try that!

Better? It's better in some ways and in other ways, it's not. I would never say that the PD, in general, is better than the DBV. Nor would I generally say that the DBV is better than the PD.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Exactly - they are 2 different animals that have a different place in my rotation for different reasons.

I like my MZ for everyday usage and when I have top shelf buds.

The SSV comes out when I want to have the option of getting just a little bit more out of my herbs than I can with my Zap. Its also good for company as well. Honestly, I think you will be rather surprised at how efficient (and stoney) a log vape can be. :ko:

Both have their pros and other pros. :)
Get em both!

AGBeer,

B.

War Criminal
BL4sT said:
I got the MFLB too, and it's.. bad, I don't even use it.. can't get what I want with that!

i have to disagree. i've been a daily smoker/vaper for more than a decade, and the LB more than satisfies me. In fact i just vaped an LB trench before seeing True Grit just now, and i stayed plenty high for the whole movie(as much a testament to the quality of the strain as the efficacy of the LB). I invite you to the LB thread so you can describe your technique,and hopefully someone can give you some advice so you can have success.

To anyone considering an LB, it is the exact opposite of "bad". if I could only own one vape it'd be a PAMFLB.

B.,

musicislife

Some I'm prolly going to get a MZ since PDs are on backorder (I haven't checked but I'm guessing that will be the case from what I've read on hear). But I was wondering what the differences are between the aromazap with myrtle wood and the mrytlezap? From what I've read its one less tube, no flower thing, and no scented oils, is that it? Also carb or no carb?

musicislife,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
BL4sT said:
I got the MFLB too, and it's.. bad, I don't even use it.. can't get what I want with that!

It's possible you have a defective LB. Try the test described here:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...w_can_I_tell_if_my_Box_is_running_too_cool.3F

If the LB doesn't pass, contact Magic-Flight for warranty service. If it passes, then your technique needs work. Read the Usage & Technique section from the link in my sig, and as B. says, drop by the MFLB thread for more help. You'll find literally hundreds of happy satisfied users.

pakalolo,

BL4sT

pakalolo said:
BL4sT said:

It's possible you have a defective LB. Try the test described here:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...w_can_I_tell_if_my_Box_is_running_too_cool.3F

If the LB doesn't pass, contact Magic-Flight for warranty service. If it passes, then your technique needs work. Read the Usage & Technique section from the link in my sig, and as B. says, drop by the MFLB thread for more help. You'll find literally hundreds of happy satisfied users.

It's running perfectly. I worked my technique for the best, and I'm not a freaking newbie. I just don't like it, doesn't give a decent high.. taste bad too, but that's my opinion ;)

BL4sT,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
BL4sT said:
It's running perfectly. I worked my technique for the best, and I'm not a freaking newbie. I just don't like it, doesn't give a decent high.. taste bad too, but that's my opinion ;)

My apologies for trying to help. Since your opinion runs completely opposite of well over 99% of a huge number of posters in the most active thread on FC, I thought perhaps you'd appreciate it.

pakalolo,

musicislife

Still have a couple questions:

What is the differences are between the aromazap with myrtlewood and the mrytlezap? From what I've read its one less tube, no flower thing, and no scented oils, is that it? Also carb or no carb?

The aromazap website has a special for "the best deal going" for $155 and the myrtlezap is $162.

musicislife,

sunsett70

hey man, i like to conserve too.... used to add tobacco into my joints. now that i vape i got me some herbs like sage, blue lily & damiana so i can mix it with THE herb. For people who like to mix herbs, i'm wondering if the PD's stem or the mflb is big enough to add other herbs into mix. I got a dbv (tho i might consider a PD in future), i think it's pretty good. you can still use just bit of herb but i think it's more fun with a bit more load.

so yesterday, i used about a (roughly) 1/3 of a dbv bowl of mj mixed with which i added blue lily and some sage , altogether enough for 3 bowls in total. 1st bowl got me going (around 9-10 tokes) really good, and under normal circumstances i would have stopped but i'm experimenting so i continued. 20 mins later i took 2nd bowl, got me real buzzed. then about another 25 mins later took the 3rd bowl. took 3 tokes and i didn't want anymore as in "i'm so blazed i don't think i should". used to be able to smoke a lot of joints but this high was too actually much for me. nice for a change, and i am using brick weed.

I have never used other vapes so i cannot comment but for my dbv, it really is a fun vape that you can adjust it's usage too for big hits, small hits, or when you want to mixed other herbs and stuff. or when you wanna play around and get some mini whips for small amount use (i also have the ariser mesh screen pack which i haven't tried yet). although i have been using the vape more because of novelty value, i am still using less than smoking.

as for the china thing, yeah apparently some parts are made in china but the dbv i got seems quite sturdy. think the bottom says tested and assembled in the USA or something. and it looks quality so i hope it can last a long time.

sunsett70,

jayweb91

dbv may be made in china but its a fucking tank. It has a three year warentee and its a really solid peice.

Get the mlfb- if you want decent vape thats portable

get the dbv- if you want massive thick rips of vapor

I got the dbv because portability is unimportant i just want a vape i could smoke all day long bymyself or with ten ppl at a party.

jayweb91,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom