• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

memory problems mmj

zymos

I drink Tulsi daily but haven't noticed any effect on my dreams. I'm not a daily cannabis user either (close to it though), so probably have/remember more dreams in the first place than heavy users.

Only thing I've tried that makes an obvious difference to dreams is melatonin.

weedemon

enthusiast
I drink Tulsi daily but haven't noticed any effect on my dreams. I'm not a daily cannabis user either (close to it though), so probably have/remember more dreams in the first place than heavy users.

Only thing I've tried that makes an obvious difference to dreams is melatonin.

did you ever notice you had any problems with remembering your dreams before? I just ordered a box of tea :p will try for myself either way :)

weedemon,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
zymos If you sleep deeply you remember fewer dreams, Tulsi will help give you VIVID dreams. If you want to remember them you may want to ingest a little caffeine along with it as in something like green tea/Tulsi.

People who always remember dreams generally are very light sleepers.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Personal experience:

Since getting my MMJ recommendation, over a year ago, I have found that between the reduction in stress (stress~pain), and in quieting the "noise" of anxiety, my "brain fog" is greatly decreased.
I can remember again.

Names are now coming back. I'm remembering items/plans/details that I used to have to write down or lose forever. Song lyrics, the names of movies/tv shows, actors, authors - I'm getting all these back, too.

I am starting to sleep better, and I am now beginning to remember dreams. Not every night, and not very detailed, but they are returning.

Part of my lifestyle/dietary choice changes includes an evening supplement that contains Melatonin, so that may be helping as well. I also enjoy Organic India's Tulsi teas, along with other herbal teas that are intended to aid sleep. Magnesium for muscle relaxation.

I'm also starting to remember what I felt like when I was younger and healthier.

zymos

zymos If you sleep deeply you remember fewer dreams, Tulsi will help give you VIVID dreams. If you want to remember them you may want to ingest a little caffeine along with it as in something like green tea/Tulsi.

People who always remember dreams generally are very light sleepers.

I am a very light sleeper, whether I've been using lots of cannabis or not, but I definitely am much less aware of my dreams when I'm getting stoned more often. I've been drinking Tulsi pretty much every day for over two years- FOR ME, it doesn't effect my dreaming one way or another.

did you ever notice you had any problems with remembering your dreams before? I just ordered a box of tea :p will try for myself either way :)

Absolutely- years and years of rarely remembering ANY dreams, unless I quit smoking weed for a week or so. The main difference between then and now is taking a day or 2 off from cannabis every few days.

BTW, a great source for Tulsi (and pretty much any other herb) is Mountain Rose Herbs. They have the 3 main varieties. I like the Krishna the best, it's sweet and clovey, the other 2 are more basil tasting.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
This is what's REALLY happening:

XWrusyS.png

For those taking multiple prescriptions pills at once, have you ever taken a a pill, or not taken a pill and immediately forgot if you took it or you didn't. Do you just go with "I took it" and possibly miss a dose, or take it and possibly double dose? I hate it when that happens.

But yeah, I've driven 20 miles on the freeway and then all of sudden realize that I missed my off-ramp and then wondered, "Who in fuck was driving the car?"
LOL, did that once and ended up at the beach at sunrise, instead of the office at opening time. Was very torn on whether or not to stay at the beach that day! :nod:

DDave,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Oh, I should have mentioned... my memory, both short & long term, are noticeably better when I'm NOT medicated off my ass.

However, even when medicated, with just a little effort, I can pull up way more details about past events than I ever could before.

Enchantre,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
For those taking multiple prescriptions pills at once, have you ever taken a a pill, or not taken a pill and immediately forgot if you took it or you didn't. Do you just go with "I took it" and possibly miss a dose, or take it and possibly double dose? I hate it when that happens.

But yeah, I've driven 20 miles on the freeway and then all of sudden realize that I missed my off-ramp and then wondered, "Who in fuck was driving the car?"

Do that all the time with pills, usually take the chance of skipping the dose depending on what it is.

A buddy and I were driving home together, between the heavy rain and heavily loaded hash bowls I turned an hr trip into almost 3. I swear I was in either such deep conversation or contemplation I took wrong turns, missed turns, and exits at every available opportunity :lol:

@zymos I too only remember a dream maybe once a year.

Now if only I could remember where the hell I put my keys last night...... Wish I was joking :mad:

Puffers,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
This is what's REALLY happening:

XWrusyS.png

I've had the pill thing happen a few times. Ended up double dosing because I knew it wouldn't kill me and better safe than in withdrawal (antidep for chronic pain). With the pain meds I can wait 45 minutes and see if my pain is or isn't going away. This is easier to substitute with some hoots from the vape, though.

I had the driving trance once, snapped out of it on the way into a fucking canyon. That was four years ago. Hasn't happened since.

About the dreaming... Yes, it definitely reduces the amount of dreaming I have. I usually vape before bed because it's my insomnia/night pain treatment, so I don't dream anymore. My antidep gives me incredibly vivid dreams, so the nights I don't vape at night I have ridiculous dreams. So it's really either no dreams or crazy dreams.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
Not so much with scripts, but I take a good amount of supplements and yeah,
did I just take that or not? comes up fairly often.
:huh:

grokit,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I think the whole "memory lapse' topic is a bit overblown and under-proven. Topping that, I dare say that there are provable instances where herb actually enhances memory and other cognitive functions. This is not just a dumb dumb party dope. Case in point, in a nutshell: While on herb my memory, when prompted, will reach into crevices where memories lay in hibernation, and awaken them in new yet no less authentic ways. Regarding cognitive functions I will again dare say, contra to the public view, that while driving I am significantly better in synch with a wider range of my periphery, and in turn so is my reaction significantly better due to expanded awareness allowing for anticipation of what's in my path, behind, and to my sides as well. Could all be delusion on my part, IDK, but it seems to have worked in hindsight. I could go on for now, but an outing calls, so perhaps another time. Either way his should suffice for my comment.

Last edited:

Fiend138

"This is no small thing. Indeed, I would venture that, more than any other single quality, it is the relentless moment-by-moment forgetting, this draining of the pool of sense impression almost as quickly as it fills, that gives the experience of consciousness under marijuana its peculiar texture. Its helps account for the sharpening of sensory perceptions, for the aura of profundity in which cannabis bathes the most ordinary insights, and, perhaps most important of all, for the sense that time has slowed or even stopped. For it is only by forgetting that we ever really drop the thread of time and approach the experience of living in the present moment, so elusive in ordinary hours. And the wonder of that experience, perhaps more than any other, seems to be at the very heart of the human desire to change consciousness, whether by means of drugs or any other technique."
Michael Pollan

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Gotu kola herb, when I can remember to take it. There's another one, I forget the name, ginko balboa or something...:huh:

Top Bottom