MaxVapor E-Nail - 2018 Version

MAbud

@MAbud despite my love for all of the additional colors, the demand so far has easily been 95% for black units only.

We do allow customers to request custom colors, so technically we could make you a silver unit, but you would have to wait until the next time we do a machining run of the cases to receive it, which can sometimes be a few months.

Surprised and disappointed to hear that. Thanks for letting me know.

MAbud,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
So I wanna say how great @maxvapor710 has been in DMs and I didn’t realise that all units are, since December 2018, Dual Voltage 110/220V! Don’t know how I managed to miss that important memo but I can tell you this:
Dual Voltage MaxVapor BT + sweet price drop + pleasant guy with As to Qs + more = VAS FLARE
I mean, that’s^just science. I’m only human after all, I can’t deny the mathematical perfection of this^equation.

Also very cool to find out there’s already quite a few MaxVapor lovers over here so I look forward to joining the MaxVapor Club - UK Chapter! I think you gotta get a tattoo. Thanks to Shane, @710Coils I’m prepared with coils in both voltages so pretty much, I’m gonna be the 007 of dabs and the show is going worldwide BABY!
Who am I kidding? Please, “the show” never leaves my house. Hell, I’m more like the Boo Radley of dabs. :razz:

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@PoopMachine the update has been completed by the development team and is just going through some final testing now. I would estimate it should reach the public update servers sometime this weekend.

In the meantime, you should be able to remove your device and relink it to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

started@52

@PoopMachine the update has been completed by the development team and is just going through some final testing now. I would estimate it should reach the public update servers sometime this weekend.

In the meantime, you should be able to remove your device and relink it to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
MaxVapor
What needs to be done to receive an update, or Does it receive updates automatically? Thanks.

PoopMachine

Thanks,
MaxVapor

Im good waiting for the weekend fix. Thanks for all you guys hard work on this great device!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
What does anyone know about this mysterious stranger? Has this been unveiled and discussed but once again, I'm late to the party?
MaxVapor LE (PreOrder Item)
And what about the^LE designation? Limited Edition or Leather Encased? Medicated minds want to know!

pxl_jockey,
Reactions: JCat

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@started@52 it is something we have had testing internally for quite some time... but, as the device was never designed to be a full time audio player sometimes it can be difficult to get everything to play nice together given the limited resources of an embedded system.

So, it is in the list of nice-to-have features on our roadmap, but bugs and customer requests usually get priority. If it is something you really want sooner than later, it wouldn't hurt to email support and let them know.

started@52

@started@52 it is something we have had testing internally for quite some time... but, as the device was never designed to be a full time audio player sometimes it can be difficult to get everything to play nice together given the limited resources of an embedded system.

So, it is in the list of nice-to-have features on our roadmap, but bugs and customer requests usually get priority. If it is something you really want sooner than later, it wouldn't hurt to email support and let them know.
Nah, I was just curious as to what the Bluetooth was for, the future app?

started@52,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The current Bluetooth basically allows control over all of the same things the dashboard does, just without requiring WiFi or Internet connectivity.

Unfortunately due to the current iOS policy changes we had to change our app strategy so the Bluetooth is lying dormant unless someone out there has written their own app that we are unaware of.

In hindsight, based on the recent app store changes, we are reaffirmed in our decision to make everything controllable from the device itself or through our own channels using WiFi.

I think the other guys who make a Bluetooth e-nail controller without a screen or onboard controls got really lucky their app remains on the store, I assume due to the low-key naming convention. On the flipside, Apple has been giving us the run around on approval for months I assume due to our device using the word "vapor" which set off some alarm bells for the new policies.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
based on the recent app store changes, we are reaffirmed in our decision to make everything controllable from the device itself or through our own channels using WiFi.

And that's why this is the best controller on the market! :dog:

Just pushed the new update, so far I spy a MV screensaver!:smug:

Hope everyone is the Vaporverse is pumping out maximum vapor today, about time to cook up a little solventless soup in my sapphire stockpot!

invertedisdead,
Reactions: pxl_jockey

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thank you for your business as always. I believe your unit was shipped out late this afternoon. I am not sure if it made todays cutoff to get scanned in but you should have it early next week.

And since @MAbud declined the offer we have 1 refurbished unit available for $279, if anyone would like to claim it just send me a PM.

Refurbished units carry the same warranty as a new unit and contain all new electronics.

started@52

My unit never seams to be online especially when I want to turn it on remotely which is a big reason I wanted one of these. I’m constantly manually re establishing my internet connection by reentering my WiFi password. Anyone else?

Also, should a autotune be preformed from room temperature or at a settled temperature. If you offset your surface temp to match the pid display in the pid options, should you run an autotune before, after or before and after adjusting the offset? I think we need a more comprehensive user manual explaining all the current options.

Last edited:
started@52,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@started@52 I have someone looking into your connection issues currently, will follow up shortly.

Regarding the offsets, the display offset is purely cosmetic and only used to affect what is shown on the screen. The other offsets are applied to the PID values before the processing is done, so if you have one set it will also affect the auto-tune values.

It may be beneficial in a future update to ignore the offsets when running a tune, I will put it on the list.

Tuning works by observing the fluctuations above and below your temperature setpoint and attempting to eliminate them, so I believe running it at a settled temperature would be more accurate as you eliminate the long initial heat up from the calculations.

maxvapor710,

started@52

Auto tunes are always from ambient.
That’s what I was instructed to do on Newvape controllers but Maxvapor suggests the above on theirs.

@started@52 I have someone looking into your connection issues currently, will follow up shortly.

Regarding the offsets, the display offset is purely cosmetic and only used to affect what is shown on the screen. The other offsets are applied to the PID values before the processing is done, so if you have one set it will also affect the auto-tune values.

It may be beneficial in a future update to ignore the offsets when running a tune, I will put it on the list.

Tuning works by observing the fluctuations above and below your temperature setpoint and attempting to eliminate them, so I believe running it at a settled temperature would be more accurate as you eliminate the long initial heat up from the calculations.
Thanks, sorry for bitching here without contacting you directly as I should have to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
started@52,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Some PID applications desire to minimize overshoot and would want to tune from ambient temp, we have other ways to minimize cold boot overshoot if that is desired.

Most sample PID tuning information on the internet uses the default "A Kettle of Water" as the system to be tuned so I cant help but wonder if that just gets repeated everywhere.

On another note we are pushing out some software and database updates, so you may experience some intermittent connection issues for a few hours.

MAbud

Some PID applications desire to minimize overshoot and would want to tune from ambient temp, we have other ways to minimize cold boot overshoot if that is desired.

Most sample PID tuning information on the internet uses the default "A Kettle of Water" as the system to be tuned so I cant help but wonder if that just gets repeated everywhere.

On another note we are pushing out some software and database updates, so you may experience some intermittent connection issues for a few hours.

Lots of those PID used for pour over coffee kettles so that makes a ton of sense.

MAbud,

MAbud

Do I need to run an auto tune or any sort of calibration when my unit arrives? Or just plug in my coil and set temp?

MAbud,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
OK Guys, we pushed out a bunch of updates over the weekend to improve everyones WiFi / Dashboard reliability.

If you are still experiencing any sort of Dashboard / Connection issues please open a new ticket with support@maxvapor.com

@MAbud it depends on what type of gear you have, the default tune is really geared towards the 710Coils Axial coils and bangers, if you have a Flowerpot or something with a flat coil you will probably get 5 degree fluctuations without doing a tune.

Top Bottom