1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Maud-Dib Concentrate Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by NinjaMindTriks, Dec 21, 2013.

1. gvape

gvape Well-Known Member

You are right, they have it on the website now, but its pretty damn pricey if you ask me. When I was looking for it online I was finding it for like $20 for 2g, but it was always out of stock/wouldnt ship to me.

I was hoping to get more then .1 for $30

http://sales.magic-flight.com/kava-vapor-oil-beta/

If it costs that much, Ill just stick to bho, no point to pay more for less.
    Quetzalcoatl and Buildozer like this.
  2. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I have to say, I'm really loving using the WPW and my Pinnacle bubbler with the beta Maud Dib box. :nod:
    Quetzalcoatl and Stu like this.
  3. sundaddy

sundaddy Well-Known Member

Just got mine…Love it! I finally have a portable option! I really like the build, the lens is thick and really adds a nice weight to the box. I was worried about build-up on the screen, but if you use the right amount (match the size of the ball closure latch on the front of the box) there is no problem incinerating any residue into white ash, then after the screen cools, gently brush away. (I opted to cut an old brush down to a few hairs, so that there is no "push" on the screen). I've got to give it to the Flight Crew, you have really developed another great product, that fills a gap in my vaporizer repertoire! -Sundaddy
    Buildozer, RUDE BOY and Vicki like this.
  4. gvape

gvape Well-Known Member

What material are you using that you have white residue left? When I use BHO I have nothing left on my screen. I use the same size at a time in mine but I still have residue building up underneath the screen.
  5. sundaddy

Wax, it's kinda like when you do a dab on a nail, there is sometimes a tiny bit of carbon(black spot)? When you "burn it off" in the box, it turns to dust, lightens in color and brushes away. Shatter seems to leave nothing.
  6. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

ash and combustion gasses produced during burn off. i would guess not to hit it down to the very end, especially if it starts to taste nasty
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  7. sundaddy

Exactly! I don't inhale that little wisp on the burn-off. Oil really helps with my Meniere's Disease, and my Sciatica, so it's nice to have a portable option.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    StickyShisha likes this.
  8. tony yayo

tony yayo Active Member

I thought the Maud-Dib was the beta?

Besides, I did a lot of reading on all of these before buying, as I do with anything, and honestly, I don't remember seeing anything about a warranty. I think I, as well as most of us did, just ASSUMED, that there was a warranty. I'm thinking, "Beta", means it's a testing version and it's at your own risk. I mean, otherwise, why need the "Beta"?

And is it just me, but does anyone else think, that these are just cleaned up, modified, and painted... leftovers or errors of regular MFLB's? Like, maybe somehow a box got returned, or they just didn't like the pattern in the wood, put in a screen using 5% of the material as a normal screen, painted it with a sharpie, and voila, a new product? I think the lid design is shitty as hell. Honestly, I don't like the magnification of the lid. I put in what I think is a small ball but it looks huge when trying to smoke it. The gold stuff holding the magnifying glass seems like it could bend pretty easily and once it's bent while open, it will NEVER have a proper seal ever again. Actually, I don't think the seal is that great to begin with. Only works better than when I first received it because some residue has built up to support the seal.

Again, I never saw anything about the normal Magic Flight warranty, others are saying elsewise but... pics or it didn't happen. I'd love to be proven wrong but... the pocket of this thing is just too small to last before it gets too much residue, no matter how clean your stuff is. there is going to come a point where this thing doesn't work right. Time will tell how well it holds up. We'll see.

On the other hand, I've been getting some what I guess would be reclaim building up in my pipesdaddy $40 bubbler that smokes like a mutha! Blazed off it right now so sorry if I'm rambling. Gonna stop now and medicate some more.
  9. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

[​IMG]

When it comes to warranties, I put MF in a class by themselves. Truly exceptional support IMO.

:peace:
    UpUpandAway, RUDE BOY, Vicki and 2 others like this.
  10. meek420

meek420 Well-Known Member

Is this box good as a first dab rig?

I've used the MFLB for keif and have been surprised, but don't dare to put oils in it. I've had my eyes on the concentrate tray, but am super intrigued by how fast this little maud box heats up. I'm a heavy smoker but I haven't gotten into dabbing too much yet because I personally am not interested in the gear used for dabbing. Don't get me wrong, I like the science behind concentrates and have an insanely high tolerance, it just seems like a lot of gear and work to produce a desired effect.

What ya'll think? This or something else for a first dab rig?
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  11. cawshook

cawshook Solod out.

Anyone tried it with hash?
    Edit: just read it reaches 900 degrees. Wont work. Right?
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  12. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

I don't think it's supposed to work with hash… Too much plant matter. The screen would be useless in no time imo.
    Quetzalcoatl and cawshook like this.
  13. sundaddy

Traditional hash, I guess could be used in the trays for the regular box.
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  14. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Active Member

On their website there is this disclaimer... why would anyone just buy this for kava or legal hemp based extracts...

**This product has been carefully designed for use with our Kava Vapor Oil or most legal hemp based extracts. Use with other oils, such as those intended for use in conjunction with "Vape Pens" poses serious health concerns and in strictly discouraged. Many herbal oils contain additives whose effects are not well understood. Additives generally considered safe for use in a vape pen configuration may become harmful when magnified by the action of our Maud-Dib Concentrate Vaporizer.
    Quetzalcoatl and MileHighLife like this.
  15. sundaddy

I don't know, maybe legal reasons. I don't know enough about vape pen oils. Do they have additives like flavorings or Propylene Glycol? BTW I got to looking, I must have the 2.0 version, it's brand new, and has not got the 2 balls on the corners.
    steama likes this.
  16. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Just got my MD and ran my first test. Harsh? What the fuck you people that think this is harsh talkin' about. This ain't harsh. Shit, it is a wonderful contraption that hits smooth. One of the best for concentrates in my limited use with it thus far.

Will post more later but it is time to play! Hehe!

Maud-Dib oh yeah!
    RUDE BOY, LazyIdol and sundaddy like this.
  17. sundaddy

I agree, I was bracing for the harsh, and felt nothing. The first couple were a little stark, but it's like seasoning the regular MFLB or a nail, the hit gets more rounded with age. Love mine too. I am very careful with the screen, I treat it like it's made out of dragonfly wings. I use a much softer brush than the one included.
    steama likes this.
  18. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Agreed brother and thanks for the tips that your experience has gifted me.
    sundaddy likes this.
  19. sundaddy

Right on, man. Glad to be able to chat to another person that has the Beta release version.
    steama likes this.
  20. steama

steama Well-Known Member

If there were such a thing as heaven it has to be a Maud-dib box paired with a Mobius Reti Perc. So nice and smooth. I never dreamed I could do the trick using so little material it puts the MD in an entirely different dimension from other concentrate tools. We're talkin' microscopic size dabs here people.

Tried the PA and everything performed flawlessly, however, seemed cumbersome and pointless due to the EXTREME battery efficiency with the MD. I am leaving the PA dedicated to the MFLBs. No point for the PA with the MD imo.

All this and no torch. You gota be shittin' me — amazing power!
    gvape and vapirtoo like this.
  21. sundaddy

I agree. I put in a ball half the size of a BB, then I pulse hit it by pressing in the battery for 3 seconds while hitting, exhale...repeat. I can get 6-7 hits off of that one ball. Then I open and burn off the tails, you can see a wisp, and it's gone...and my back pain is too. Brush out any microscopic leftovers, and done. Awesome little thing. Haven't tried the Kava.
    steama likes this.
  22. WannaVape

WannaVape Well-Known Member

Have any of you who own a maud-dib also used a DBV/SSV nail oil kit? I know they are 2 different beasts, but with the PA I'm wondering what would be a better at home, instant dab device
  23. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I am using about half that size for single rips. I'm too impatient for the pulse techniques. Hehe

The Kava is for da gargage'.
  24. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

The MD is best with batts IMO. The PA is overkill. Hits are so subjective that everyone would have to try it for themselves.
    All tools that work on the LB will also work on the MD.
    The MD is the height of stealth and quickness of use ( once the concentrate has been melted into the screen ).
    The hits are very powerful IMO.
    steama, Vicki and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  25. sundaddy

I'm with you on that, matter of fact I like weak batteries to slowly milk it.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors