• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Muad-Dib Concentrate Box

Lokbok

I've been considering getting into concentrates.. and I was curious if it'd be better to get the tray or the Maud. I own a plethora of vapes for herbs, but was considering concentrates for group sessions when I'm not home. Since I already have so many accessories for the regular MFLB, was curious if everyone thinks I should try out the tray first, or just dump into the deep end and get a Maud (or some other concentrate vape). Most importantly, any of you actually prefer concentrates over herbs out of MFLB units?

PS: I have the power adapter, UFO and Orbiter for MFLB

so after using this setup for a while, i've noticed a few things.

the UFO is a shitty shitty bubbler. It's neat, super portable, but is difficult to use and also makes toking very difficult. ALSO, water filtration with concentrates is pretty rough in itself, it makes hits fall flat.

a great alternative is ditching water filtration altogether, blocking the carb, and leaving the chamber just slightly open by letting the lens sit just off of the bead. That way your hits are cooler without losing potency through water filtration.

still love the vape tho

Really? I think it's great for its intended purpose... travel. It's what I bring, along with disposable cups every time I go out of town or a place like Vegas. As long as you put a little pressure on the top, works golden. I generally "milk" the vape before so that other guests/pals have no trouble getting high... so in that you might be right that there is a distinct learning curve to get the system right. The Orbiter def works better as a full-timer though. Admittedly, I use an Arizer Air with my Orbiter.

Last edited:

Sanitas

I've been considering getting into concentrates.. and I was curious if it'd be better to get the tray or the Maud. I own a plethora of vapes for herbs, but was considering concentrates for group sessions when I'm not home. Since I already have so many accessories for the regular MFLB, was curious if everyone thinks I should try out the tray first, or just dump into the deep end and get a Maud (or some other concentrate vape). Most importantly, any of you actually prefer concentrates over herbs out of MFLB units?

PS: I have the power adapter, UFO and Orbiter for MFLB

Really? I think it's great for its intended purpose... travel. It's what I bring, along with disposable cups every time I go out of town or a place like Vegas. As long as you put a little pressure on the top, works golden. I generally "milk" the vape before so that other guests/pals have no trouble getting high... so in that you might be right that there is a distinct learning curve to get the system right. The Orbiter def works better as a full-timer though. Admittedly, I use an Arizer Air with my Orbiter.

Go for the Maud.
Battery life is great, no need for the power adapter.. Keep loads sized tiny and it burns clean. Get the laser if you can. It is functional and crazy looking. Native hits can be pretty hot, whip helps and the Orbiter makes it perfectly cool.

waxdab23

Go for the Maud.
Battery life is great, no need for the power adapter.. Keep loads sized tiny and it burns clean. Get the laser if you can. It is functional and crazy looking. Native hits can be pretty hot, whip helps and the Orbiter makes it perfectly cool.

I second the"keep load sizes tiny." Like super tiny lol.

What is the laser?

waxdab23,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

1800yolk

Lokbok

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll pull the trigger on a Maud-Dib. Unfortunately, I don't think Puffitup has the Lava Module. I'll have to pick that up another time when I get a chance (I really like doing my vape purchases from PIU). I'll most likely sell my Arizer Air to fund the Maud-Dib. I like the unit, but being a MFLB veteran (I'm one of those that straddle the line of combusting).. I've never been able to get as high on the Air (along with the Solo I've owned and every other non-MFLB unit). My MFLB has become my home "desktop" unit with the PA. I'll prob use the Maud-Dib as my actual travel.

Last edited:

sundaddy

Turned an old Magic Flight box with the screen torn out, into a Maud Dib concentrate box using a Maud Dib replacement screen. You first have to take a blade and scrape the remnants of the old screen, then a little sand paper rub, then an alcohol wipe down, pop on the replacement screen. Works like a champ! I knew I was hanging on to those old boxes for some reason!

sundaddy

...well the concentrate screens have the advantage of a quicker hit, and they are "fixed" in there, and not going to move. So basically, if you have an old box that has the screen ripped out for warranty purposes or by accident, you can turn it into a Maud Dib for $5.

waxdab23

Just pulled out my muad dib after many months of no use as I ventured through and have gotten frustrated with the world of wax pens and atomizers.

I missed this funky looking device. Taste is excellent, the ritual so fun and the whole experience just...elegant.

Damn though...with the stock wooden mouthpiece, the vapor is soooo harsh I was coughing for like 10 minutes after a rip.

Are water conditioning options only available through MF or are there other ways to hook this thing up to water?

vapirtoo

Finally got some bubba kush concentrate from tetra labs. I love how easy it is to load and hit the box when compared to my errlectric herb nail. The box allows me to see the vapor forming, and I can stop the action any time I want. Once the dab is on that hot herb nail with the errlectric, I have inhale it all or waste the hit. The box makes it super easy to take a hit whenever you want with instant heat on demand. I'm loving this new way to vape. Oh yeah absolutely no smell! I was hitting in the basement and my 29 yr. old son comes down and says he smelled nothing, OhBoy game changer. Maud-Dib back in rotation.

MonkeyTime

Hey all,

Been reading up on this one and have a couple of questions.....

Just getting into concentrates, right now only rosin, but I don't have a nail for my Evo, it broke and while I have bangers to hang off my Maxx and such, they're not true concentrate vapes, and my vapcaps just aren't hitting the button for me. I'm here in search of my first concentrate specific vape.

My MFLB was my second vape, got it when the Pax had to go in for RMA. It was my first unregulated vape and it took a while to get the hang of it. I haven't picked it up in some time, batteries are all weak, but I did get decent at it while I used it. I'm not afraid of the learning curve, I've mastered the Mi, SBJ and Maxx since then, and this one looks like it has less technique needed for success. Is that accurate?

Also wondering about maintenance. How often are you guys replacing the screens? Will rosin have a few more impurities in it and move up that schedule?

For a first concentrate vape, would this be a good starting point or am I thinking short sited and should I be looking at something like the Dr Dabber Boost or the similar?

Any and all viewpoints are welcome, I'm a blank canvas in this area!

mixchu69

Hey all,

Just getting into concentrates, right now only rosin, but I don't have a nail for my Evo, it broke and while I have bangers to hang off my Maxx and such, they're not true concentrate vapes, and my vapcaps just aren't hitting the button for me. I'm here in search of my first concentrate specific vape.

My MFLB was my second vape, got it when the Pax had to go in for RMA. It was my first unregulated vape and it took a while to get the hang of it. I haven't picked it up in some time, batteries are all weak, but I did get decent at it while I used it. I'm not afraid of the learning curve, I've mastered the Mi, SBJ and Maxx since then, and this one looks like it has less technique needed for success. Is that accurate?

Also wondering about maintenance. How often are you guys replacing the screens? Will rosin have a few more impurities in it and move up that schedule?

For a first concentrate vape, would this be a good starting point or am I thinking short sited and should I be looking at something like the Dr Dabber Boost or the similar?

Am an early owner of the muad-dib. Works fine but believe that the technology is a bit out-dated. Would look at something from divine tribe, like their v3 or new Quartz quest.

kuzko

Hey all,

There’s not really much technique. You just load it up(very small amount) and stick the battery in until it’s all vaped off the screen.

I’ve owned mine for about 6 months and have changed the screen once. There’s carbon build up after a while, you should do burn offs frequently. If you load too much concentrate it falls through the screen and you start to get build up in the pan underneath but it can all be cleaned with iso and q tips. I haven’t used it with rosin but if rosin has impurities/plant material in it, then I imagine the screen will get nasty sooner.

It’s sort of a connoisseur vape, I enjoy the flavor and have never liked e cig based alternatives. I feel like less material is wasted with the MD because atomizers are always getting gunked up and material is wasted/never vaped off. As long as you micro-dose with the MD it pretty much vapes it all.

One drawback for me when I first got the MD was hot vapor. I ended up buying a whip to cool the vapor and attached to the mouthpiece and it’s not a problem anymore.

Just my 2 cents, good luck!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I've been working a battery solution for the Launch Box power adapter. I purchased a set of the replaceable screens for Muad-Dib just to see if concentrates are a viable option for me. What I wanted to report here is that the current required for glowing a Muad-Dib screen using a V1.0 PA is under 1.5 amps. That is low enough current for me to run with 3x protected 14500 Li-Ion cells configured in series rather than the AC adapter.

I also got a set of 3 14500 [AA size] IMR Li-Ion cells [high output cells] to test on the standard Launch Box. The MFLB does blow the protection circuit in smaller Li-Ion cells. 18650 works perfectly as they put out much more current. I'm trying to limit bulk in my vaping sessions.

I'm having way to much trouble finding MF glyph cells other than buying kits. Glyph cells really are a lot more potent than their Powerex replacements they are shipping as spares.

If you are a 3D printing fan, check out my battery adapters on Thingiverse; thing #3842681

Admins; no options on this back to back post. Feel free to merge.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
...And an update on my Muad Dib excursion. Still liking the live rosin I've been vaping up in a lightly used Muad Dib kit scored on eBay a while ago. This one included the gold cells and a pair of decent Glyphs. Did you know they started putting holes in the Glyph caps? Makes for a great cover for the spoon to keep things from getting sticky in the box.

Took the gold glyphs out of the original packaging today as I was dying to know if they had a chance of holding a charge. Sure enough, got a 0.66 and 0.8-something volt readings on the pair. They had a little fuzz growing on the rim near the plus-terminal but that cleaned up to a nice shiny new with a little white vinegar (Thanks Hobbit; great tip!). Got them in the slow charger to get them use to the world after many years in resting. So far, these older Glyph cells far out-power the newer powerex offerings. But finding good ones is a chore to say the least. I now have a fairly nice collection of Glyphs for the LB and lots of new powerex cells for the MD.

Oh, and yes, for Muad Dib, powerex cell work more than well enough. Having a pair of matching gold cells is a cool thing though. And finding good success with an upper shelf live rosin makes me happy. Having to use a whip but not needing the orbiter for water filtration. A little more involved for me ATM. Nice to know that I don't need water to enjoy the MD.

Also learned that these screens are cleanable. Okay, Coleman fuel torch-able with a very! light touch. But they seem to clean up to a near-new state! Better than a power burn as everything organic disappears instead of migrating to colder regions of the screen. Also didn't know this about Muad Dib replacement screens... they changed! I have 2 original screens and 3 replacements. The replacement are almost half the width of the original screen. What's up with that! I like the original screen a whole lot better. But anyway, that was worth noting to those who are wondering.

Last but certainly not least, and thank you YouTube... dosing! That took a bit to understand but now I know that small hits in the trench is what you're after. After screen saturation levels are reached, you just get a mess from drips and splatters. Since my medium is a gummy-wet honey consistency, a small bead on the tip of the included spoon seems to be good for 2 gentle draws. Rinse and repeat until well baked throughout.

TommyDee,
Top Bottom