• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Marijuana Oil Bill Passes KY Senate

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
They specifically said it would be amended to include ALL solvent produced concentrates including co2.

Dude that sucks. Do they include bubble hash in that? Water is a kind of solvent in that process.

syrupy,

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
As happy as I am that autistic children and people who suffer from seizures are able to find relief from cannabis - I am sick of everyone (especially lawmakers) thinking that these are the only conditions that should be considered. These guys want to write the law based on a couple damn sanjay gupta specials.

In my state, while they do accept pain, nausea and cachexia - there are very few qualifying conditions/diseases which are accepted. I have a disease that will never go away, that many drs feel could be alleviated by using cannabis - yet they won't add chronic pancreatitis. Here they are stuck on cancer/glaucoma, like the newbies are stuck on autism/seizures - because it was more 'relevant' at the time.

When they draft these laws towards certain very limited criteria, I believe that they are doing a disservice to all patients who don't fit into their box. I get why these issues strike a chord w/ the common person, but wish these guys were more all inclusive. I mean really, drs and researchers have been coming out in support of medicinal marijuana for a long time now and they don't listen - but the second gupta does a mainstream show the legislatures want to jump on board and draft policy accordingly?
I agree with everything you said here. People just don't seem to get it that the Washington and Oregon medical marijuana laws have very few qualifying conditions. It's not like California were just about anything is covered. The press is mostly to blame, they love to muddy the waters. There is now a move afoot to continue to demonize THC(especially smokable extracts) while allowing CDB.
While I believe any change in this direction is good, people should be aware of what the game is actually about. The corporations with the help of government are intent on destroying herbal medicine;not just cannabis. Are you aware the FDA even has swat teams and raid herbal farmers.
They do the same type of raid, confiscate, and imprison thing they do to cannabis farmers. So it is really about squashing any competition to their "pop a pill" empire. They "need" to destroy medical marijuana, keep it from spreading and beat it back where it already exists. Any distribution scheme that is not controlled by them will be fiercely resisted.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I agree with everything you said here. People just don't seem to get it that the Washington and Oregon medical marijuana laws have very few qualifying conditions. It's not like California were just about anything is covered.

Is there any movement from the people to amend the law as written? I believe in California the law lists qualifying conditions, and then adds something like 'or any other condition a doctor recommends cannabis for'. That's what opens the door for patients, and gets the government out of the business of trying to keep a list of qualifying conditions. IMO, it's an issue between a patient and doctor. The law should just acknowledge that there is therapeutic benefit. But I live in California, so I have the luxury of having that opinion. Here's hoping for a quick and compassionate amendment for Washington and Oregon law.

syrupy,
Reactions: grokit

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Florida has MMJ on the ballot this November. The petition language that got it on the ballot stated "9 diseases" for which MMJ would be appropriate. In the official Ballot language the "9 diseases" is still intact but they have added " chronic conditions where doctor indicates MMJ". Not exactly but words to that effect. That is the Golden Loophole.

Top Bottom