1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Mangoes

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by little maggie, Jul 9, 2018.

1. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

I don't think goes in the medical section but:
    I love mangoes and they are pretty inexpensive where I live at this time of year. I was researching mangoes and diabetes and came across some totally different research.
    Apparently mangoes can extend the reaction to cannabis:
    "A Swiss study of 16 different marijuana strains showed that myrcene was the most common terpene present in each plant. The presence of myrcene in marijuana and mangoes is the connection that begins to explain why mangoes can get you higher."
    I wonder how blonde brownies with ABV and mangoes would be.

2. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

That sounds wonderful.

I have experimented with mangoes and cannabis. The best results were eating a mango at least 60 minutes before vaping, so it had time to do its job. The myrcene increases permeability of the blood-brain, so it increase the speed at which cannabis goodies can cross the barrier.

My use was certainly no scientific study but it did seem to enhance the high/speed of effects but what part was placebo effect.

Try it and report back :)

3. arb

arb Well-Known Member

Mangos are delicious,nutritious and a strong diuretic.......you will regret it if you eat too much at once.......just sayin.

4. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

Mangos are unreal. I haven’t had a good one in a while but I love that fruit for sure. Completely agree.

arb likes this.
  5. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

Also tried mangoes for this purpose with hopeful results. A convincing (and harmless) demonstration of the effects of terpenes. Perfect for wake-and-bake breakfast! Myrcene might not survive cooking.

6. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

Myrcene is a tricky terpene. In almost minute doses is can add an extra spin too your buzz, however most times Myrcene is present it is in high enough concentration that it actually becomes more of a sleep inducer.

MinnBobber likes this.
  7. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Damn, I wonder if that's why I like them so much? I even bought a "mango slicer"
    [​IMG]

SloJimFizz, arb and MinnBobber like this.
  8. sweetvapor12

sweetvapor12 Active Member

I have never tried eating mangos before vaping up a stem. It is actually hard to get good mangos by me, but I should try it sometime!

arb likes this.
  9. VAPEHUNTER

VAPEHUNTER Well-Known Member

10. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

Was the buzz stronger, or did it just hit you faster?

StormyPinkness likes this.
  11. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

subjective for sure but it seemed like it hit stronger---bigger buzz from standard dose

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors