Discontinued MagickWand Vaporizer

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I have tried the MW on a few occasions, and I was not impressed.

I am sure it 'works' especially for those who like higher temperatures, but the only way I got decent hits was on a low temperature with a cork in the hole, a long heat-up time and a long/slow draw.

As a floating hakko, it'd work great and have very little heat-up time to 'vaporize'.

I find myself ambivalent. I am all for creativity and the small business man. But part of me is skeptical when it comes to new companies due to some that make crappy vapes that sell, have problems, and disappear.

It is really cool that you participate in dialogue with your customer base here at FC, Hipi. :)

Progress,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Progress said:
I have tried the MW on a few occasions, and I was not impressed.

I am sure it 'works' especially for those who like higher temperature, but the only way I got decent hits was on a low temperature with a cork in the hole, a long heat-up time and a long/slow draw.

As a floating hakko, it'd work great and have very little heat-up time to 'vaporize'.

I find myself ambivalent. I am all for creativity and the small business man. But part of me is skeptical when it comes to some companies that make crappy vapes that sell, have problems, and disappear.

It is really cool that you participate with your customer base here at FC. :)
Yep and from my experience HiPi's vaporizers are not a shady company.. They shipped on the other side of the world :) .. and there was a problem with my wand and he replaced it at no cost.. with free shipment)..
No shady companies does that.

Abysmal Vapor,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I stick by my guns. I don't care if Darth posted in some other thread before the Incognito thread, cute cover. these two know eachother or are simply one in the same. Abysmal or eddy, not at all insulted you think I'm paranoid. No problem. I am just passionate about vaporizers, and when I smell bullshit I call it bullshit. It is no coincidence we have not heard from either of these two since my last post, because a mod can look up that IP address and maybe already has.

There is a lot of things Hipi has done to impress me also in regard to cutomer service, pricing, ability to make himself available to customers, thanks for that. I think you had enough to let the company stand on its own, this elaberate lying shit it just horrid, and just such a premeditated and shady way to do business. Again, let your product stand on its own merit. What you did is wrong and deceptive, plane and simple.

From a customer standpoint, one lie can loose us. Id like to be trusting, but i can't. Sorry I'm not a fucking idiot Darth, I see right through your lies. I sincerely doubt he will defend himself about my theory, as the mods should know the truth once they look. I doubt they'll get involved with the site politics, and come jumping to my defense. I do think the product could stand on its own, but i am a bit mad i gave my money to a company that is so intentionally out to deceive and ploy. C'mon Darth (or even Hipi), defend yourselves from my outrageous accusations... im waiting.

Edit: On a personal note, i do feel i often come out of the woodwork and slap this thread around. I am one of two people (I believe) who has used the VXC and the MW. I feel it is my duty to compare the two, and help the forum get the most truthful info about both products. Today, i actually went off a little in this thread, and it is unfortunate it came to this. But the whole i used a VXC already by DarthVaker really got me wondering, and with some more info i gathered, it really set me off when i realized it was a lie for sure. If Hippi is not DarthVaker, he knows damn well who he is. Even the die-hard Hipi fanatics must agree that if/when my theory is confirmed, you will feel a deceived and lied to, am i wrong?

Edit # 2: Hey Lwien, how am i doing? It feels rather good to expose and fight knowing you are right.

MOD's if these two were using the same IP, should there be consequences for the deception? Would you chime in with the whole story, or simply handle it privately away from this thread? Just wondering, because if/when i am right, i feel it is the sites duty to make this information available to the masses, to prevent people from making a purchase they regret later. Isnt that the point? Get the correct vaporizer info to the people and let them make a decision on what vape to choose based on all the facts.

Edit 3 #: Actually went back and looked at some of Darth's posts. Laughable man. Certainly a dummy account made to get out Hipi agenda, opened 7 days after Hipi's account. Laughable.

Hipi, my suggestion to you? Just come clean, i feel your product speaks for itself. You really didnt need to do what we have seen from other companies. As of right now, i will not recommend you vapes to anyone, even those on a budget. There is a lot to like, value and American made, i have supported you buying two vapes from you, and would honestly say they are above average, especially the MW. Pretty great. But you business practices are so questionable. Lets not pretend like you reinvented the wheel. this isn't a custom made HE, you're just using a mass produced ceramic HE like almost everyone else. One thing is for certain, no apology or coming clean from you and I will continue my boycott to all, and expect to see me in this thread poking at you with a stick. We have seen manufactures come clean for something similar before (Won't mention names), and it gets lost and forgot by most. When i saw today how the Darth account had been used to get out your thoughts and agenda, it really made me lose a huge level of respect for you.

Final Edit:
Looks like both Hipi and Darth were banned. Reason? Some MOD smelled the stu cooking. Everyone now knows the second account was a dummy. Look at the posts, and youll quickly lose respect also. I guess this doesn't give Hipi a chance to come clean like i offered to him.

IAmKrazy2,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I'm very disappointed to say that I can confirm HiPi and DarthVaker are one and the same. Both have logged into this site using the same IP address on multiple occasions. Reading this thread over, it saddens me to see such an underhanded tactic employed and our community lied to under the guise of altruism.

Think long and hard before giving this company your business.

@IAmKrazy2
This issue was brought to our attention last night and we took some time to confirm what was going on. Thanks for staying vigilant.

What happened here is unforgivable and HiPi/Darthvaker is now banned permanently. Thank you to everyone who helped bring this to light. That's what this site is all about. :tup:

vtac,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Holy shit, what a joke. Good detective work IAmKrazy. I just can't believe someone would actually do this and think that they would never get caught.

aesthyrian,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
thanks vtac.

It could have gone on much longer, him saying he used the VXC brought up a red flag to me, and after confirming with SM55 as to how many beta testers actually has one of these, it was all over, he was toast. If he had just waited a little longer to bullshit about using a VXC side-by-side with his device (like when a couple hundred people have theirs), he probably would have gone unnoticed indefinitely. In the end, his want to trash the VXC was his downfall.

IAmKrazy2,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
IAmKrazy, very good spot! I saw your last post this morning and read over it all again and felt quite let down.
To think that you'd get away with that kind of blatant deception is rough and I understand the bans imposed. Although I can't help wishing there were some outlet for Hipi to explain/apologize for his previous actions to the board.

I got the impression most of us here only had good things to say about the IV/MW camp, such a shame to do something so detrimental to that

psyshaman,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
When I first saw one of Darth Vakers and Hipi's posts that was the first thing I thought. It was those sig banners. Glad his lies got tripped up and good shit IAmKrazy. Good riddance.

JDSupreme,

eddyfrancis

It's sad to see this happen. Here's to getting yourself back on track Hipi, hope your business stays afloat. :peace:

eddyfrancis,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Nice spot on the banners. I had that in one of my posts, but since they both don't currently have one, i thought i may have imagined it and edited it out later. I knew my memory was working.

IAmKrazy2,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
IAmKrazy2 said:
Nice spot on the banners. I had that in one of my posts, but since they both don't currently have one, i thought i may have imagined it and edited it out later. I knew my memory was working.

Edit: Lo good call. Everybody shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p

JDSupreme,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
In my honest opinion, it would be best to let this thread fall back a page or 12 ;) Just my :2c: Doesn't deserve front page IMHO.

Lo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Sorry to bring it back to the top but one last thought

Hipi, i know your reading this. Please honor the peoples warranty if asked despite a little bad blood, i think you will. Good luck.

IAmKrazy2,
There is no bad blood. Warranty is by customer. The issue is that I would like the mods to RECHECK the IP's. my friend
1. has never log in from my house until recently.
2.He is way toooo simple about vapes to make a professional comment.
3.He has used a "genie Vape"when he was in china and they have made a vertical perc in china. He can give you all the specs himself AND testify for himself. HE DIDNOT TEST A VXC but to him this looks like a VXC, Its like asking your grandmother to keep track of names of vapes.Even though I dont doubt he was just trying to help but this is the trigger of all of this right now.
4. Check and see if he ever logged in before tuesday 8/2/2011 Thats when He was picked up from theairport.
5. Please be fair about this. I havent done anything but try to give my customers a good customer experience and have even brought alot of traffic to FC because this forum is/was awesome Love for us.

If you want to give this a good investigation I'd say thank you for sure. If you want to know about this Chinese VXC "remake" check out the one place in the US you can find out about it. http://www.wickiepipe.com/GenieVape_Vaporizer_p/genievap.htm . I dont think there is a link to this "hydratree" he speaks of but it could just be a vert perc from what I know.

All I have to say is wow. I've said my peice.

Modnote: Making more accounts isn't helping your case.

Not that it proves anything, but yes, "DarthVaker" did happen to log in on 2011-01-24 16:59:14 from 98.207.92.xx, guess who else has logged in from the same IP?

themisunderstanding,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Hipi, more lies, really?

I see multiple issues with the last posts. = lies. but i dont need to go CSI again, i proved my point. Quit lying? Your most recent post has me compelled to write an astrict on my first page post
*please read the following information before your purchase. BOLD LETTERS. Post 5 page 1, nice spot.

This will be more hurtful to you then an issue way in the back of the thread. COME CLEAN AND QUIT COVERING LIES WITH MORE LIES.

IAmKrazy2,

Abysmal Vapor

Stu said:
Kinda makes me glad that I sold my MW when I did!

:brow:
I am sure that the current owner is very unhappy with it.. Pfff:lol:

Mods is it 100% sure that HiPi stands behind this conspiration.. May be a good stoned friend of him tried helping him too much..
Either way i dont think banning the creator of this marvelous vape would benefit the owners .. The modes should should think of some kind of restriction and more tracking in the topic.. I dont know..
Anyway if HiPi was accused to be pushing his project to be of higher quality than the VXC and claiming he has a hydratube... With the same success watching all those US conspiracy movies i can say that (I AM ONLY JOKING) the VapeXhale Company planted this situation and dealed with the mods (to get them a free VXC or give them betas to test) to push VXC like the one and only alternative.. all best... Mother of god's breath.
I dont know how many users are on that site but for sure mod's can use power to manipulate a large percent of there member's opinions.. This can bring quite a lot benefits to some vaporizer company and they can be very thankful :) ...
Iam2Krazy is the black emperor behind the scene .. He is black mailing all vaporizer companies to send him a free vaporizer :D and if they don't do it he logs with all his moderator accounts and manipulates the vaporizer market .,.

THIS IS ALL A JOKE :)..

Abysmal Vapor,
Oi gavalt! I just came home after a long night of drinking delicious exotic beers, and all I can say is, :| Really?

I love my MW and am about to buy a Incognito, but I really don't know what to think.

All I can say is that I've been dealt with very fairly by Hipi, which includes face-to-face interactions.

IamKrazy, on one hand, deserves serious credit for his investigative work. Hipi, and who we suspect to be Hipi, perhaps also deserves the benefit of the doubt for his otherwise very admirable customer service. :2c: I was pretty much the first and only "beta tester" for the MW on this forum, and I feel I was extremely honest about its strengths and weaknesses during that time. You can check previous pages and read my bitching. I met "Hipi" in person, and at no time did he EVER ask anything more of me than my honest opinion, and I completely guarantee that. If indeed this conduct is Hipi's, then I'm surprised. It's hardly impossible, but it seems unlikely given my brief exchanges with the man.

Edit: on a drunken note, the Supreme is a perilous vaporizer to use while tipsy!

Also, calling the "Vapuregenie" a VXC knockoff it a biiiit of a stretch. I guess both have Nichrome-wrapped tubes which air passes through as a purely convection vaporization principle, but I expect the Vapuregenies (dumbass, ridiculous, spurious ass-name) don't provide 1/5 or 1/10 of the vapor quality of the VXC. Which is dumb, because the VXC heating element principle is so basic, essential, and low tech that we should of had a pure-glass vaporpath vaporizer in the mid-1970's. I know there are a THOUSAND design issues and software refinements to go through, but the basic idea of wrapping a glass airtube in conductive wire is so basic! It's genius, simple, and I imagine extremely effective. I know Puffitup carries the Vapuregenie line so they can't possibly be completely crap, but still.. For the record, I'm on the list for a VXC and am eagerly awaiting its release.

charliedontsurf,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
After talking about what it took to finalize the VXC (and following the hipiedickie bud toaster thread), I am sure it is important to perfect the algorythm to maintain heat under all conditions (high/low temp, environmental temperature, draw speed, etc.). <-----harder than wrapping the nichrome wire, I'd imagine. ;)

I vote to let Hipi return as a support to those who bought his goods (and as a chance to come clean or dig his hole further). I imagine that he will understand that many will likely be pissed-off and confused, and he will not fudge reviews unnecessarily for sales again. :(

Hipi, make things right(er)...send StoneMonkey55 a free MW! :p :lol:

Toke it easy. :cool:

Progress,

hereatlast

My :2c:

I won't go in-depth as many others have expressed a justified anger towards HiPi (and his alias) and his unethical and off-putting business practices. FWIW, I don't think this thread should be closed (just one member's view) as I personally don't think these types of business practices should be completely divorced from the product itself (i.e. its fair for members to know who and what kind of person they will be giving money to). That said, for those interested in finding more about the MW (or IV) there are some good (IMO) user reviews in this thread...some are more objective/honest than others IMO and these are easy to pick out.

FC is a great place for manufacturers to come down to the consumer level (and clearly many manufacturers have made or broke their business on these forums) and dialogue, these are exactly the types of practices that are out of place at FC. I for one am glad to see this come to light and commend the mods' actions.

hereatlast,

Abysmal Vapor

"I vote to let Hipi return as a support to those who bought his goods (and as a chance to come clean or dig his hole further). I imagine that he will understand that many will likely be pissed-off and confused, and he will not fudge reviews unnecessarily for sales again. sad"
Make them two votes for HiPi's ban removal..
Anyone else wanna support that ?

Abysmal Vapor,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Troi said:
This is an outrage, Mods, and community members, I think we should all push for this thread to be closed, archived, even deleted. The deceipt and childs play of this company does not deserve the free PR this thread provides Hipi's company.

How would hiding the truth that is Hipi's false advertising tactics and overall shady business tactics on this forum do anything besides let people forget or never find out about this. Which is unfair IMO, to both the consumer and to HiPi, he dug his grave and insulted everyone on this forum while doing it by lying to them. I think if anyone reads Vtac's post they would definitely hesitate to purchase from HiPi which is totally fair.

This is not good free PR. If this makes someone buy a HiPi product then they are probably the same person who was buying BP gas after the oil spill.

While I don't think that banning HiPi does much good, and it would be fair for him to be able to try and explain, even though it is probably useless. I think the most important thing here is to protect the potential consumer which to me is the whole purpose of this forum. So hiding this fiasco would be the worst idea ever IMO.

aesthyrian,

Abysmal Vapor

Troi said:
Id like to ad, that I would be okay with a return from hipi, but it needs to start with honesty. If he can come clean, and not give any more bull, then that's the first step in his recovery. While I am angry about this, apart of me does feel bad for him. Everyone is trying to do what they can to make the money in this tough economy, however this type of deceit is inexcusable.

If he comes clean and can convincingly promise better behavior in the future, with posts that are accurate and not full of bullshit. Then that's fine by me. His 3rd account did not help his case, though. I don't think its necessary need him to write his apology on this thread, if vtac can confirm a conversation where hipi promised better practices then that's all I would need.

Plus I do like the vapegirl, was fun to watch at least.
I suggest to bring HiPi back to the forum if there are more people that truely stated are for the return than for the ban... I suggest to count votes in 24 h Period or just return him because its much easier to ask questions to HiPi in the forum than via e-mail..

Abysmal Vapor,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I don't think bans quite works like that around here, the Mod's make their decisions that they are qualified to make, this isn't exactly a democracy.

aesthyrian,
Top Bottom