Magic Flight and Herbalaire: Winning combo?

afterthelaughter

Hey all, first post here...I've been researching over the last several days which vape(s) to get and I think I finally settled. The sheer variety of both product and opinion is very overwhelming! I've been looking for something mostly for personal use, but I would like to be able to share easily with a few friends if the occasion arises. I wanted something efficient, relatively easy to use, and at most $200.

My first purchase will be the MFLB. That seems like a no-brainer. I've read nothing but praise over it, and for the price, I can't not have one. The only downside is that it chews through batteries, but I have some eneloop batteries here that should work with it. I could probably get away with one owning this one, but for groups, it seems to be a poor choice.

For that purpose, it seems like the herbalaire is a solid choice as a second purchase down the road. The option of either bag or whip is great, and no grinding is a plus. I've read that because it's dual purpose, it does a decent job at both, but not the best. However, it seems to be extremely efficient.

What do you guys think? A solid choice?

afterthelaughter,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Good assessment, except I'm not sure what "chewing through batteries" means. I get by just fine with four Powerex batteries and could easily get by with two. I can't say what your usage would be, but in general people who haven't actually used the LB tend to overestimate how much battery power they'll need.

Anyway, that's a good combo and your criteria are good so go for it.

pakalolo,

afterthelaughter

Thanks for the reply! By the way, a lot of your posts served well to convince me that this was a good purchase :D Yeah, I without using one I don't know how many hits it would take for me to get to where I want to be, and thus, don't know how long the battery would last to get those hits.

afterthelaughter,

max

Out to lunch
I own both vapes and they both get :tup:

Battery use with the LB depends on how much you use it. NiMH bats are great to have around for other uses though, so even if you quit using the vape, the bats and charger are useful. It's also the only vape on the market that'll run on a single AA, and I think criticizing it for using up batteries is looking at it the wrong way.

The herbalAire is a great buy these days, especially on eBay (around $160 every day). If you're gonna use bags you can't beat it for the $. The company also has great customer svc. It IS very efficient, in that you can drop in buds/chunks (ground bud is harder to deal with, and really needs a 2nd screen on top of the bud) and be sure that every bit will get vaporized. I have found that I use more herb with bag use than with direct draw though. I think it's mostly psychological. Don't get hung up with trying to get a lot of thick vapor in bags. Vapor isn't smoke, visibility wise, but it's a hard habit to break. Most of your vapor will be in your first bag, as well.

max,

steiner666

Serial vapist
If i had to pick 2 vapes those 2 would be it. Covers the needs of portability, whip, bags, and full extraction for a good price.

You'll be able to revape your LB ABV in the HA to get even more out of it. As max said tho, you'll want to get some extra screens for it because the LB works best with powdery fine bud and the HA is designed for whole chunks. The SSV/DBV screens i had worked good. The stock screens on the HA aren't fine enough for ground bud. Stick a finer screen on the bottom of the crucible and one on the bottom of the mouthpiece (you'll have to cut it down a bit) and its good for any bud. If I'm not filling the crucible up all the way when using ground bud, i also put a screen down inside the crucible on top of the herb after loading it to hold the herb down in place at the bottom.

but yeah, good selection. if i would have bought those 2 right off the bat i could have saved myself some time and money

steiner666,
Top Bottom