Loving vaping, looking for my first portable, any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the duration of the summer I've been using my friends MFLB and I looove vaping now, I used to be a big blunt kind of guy but now I'm looking for my first portable vape. I want something like the new PAX and something I can use at work or something, basically something that wont reek if I keep it in my pocket for the day. I've heard the Iolite is ideal for this but I want some opinions other than the local head shop guy. If anyone own the PAX, does it smell in your pocket? Or any other portable vapr for that matter?

MidnightMastermind,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Welcome to FC :wave:

It's best to ask your PAX questions in the PAX thread for a few reasons, although there aren't that many out there that own one yet so info may be a little slow for the moment.

I'm not a big Iolite fan myself, but in all fairness I only tried one once. It has a predicesor now called the Wispr if you're interested in a butane operated model.

I'd have a look at the DaVinci too if I were you. The Thermovape might also be of interest to you, if you don't mind carrying lots of batteries like with the MFLB.

OhTheAgony,

Kaptan

Take a look at the Inhalater INH004 thread. I just got one a couple of weeks ago and it's now my favorite portable. PAX looks promising as well, but I prefer a convection vape.

Kaptan,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
While I do not think that either of these are smell-proof in your pocket(I honestly don't think you'll have very good luck with that) I do find the Arizer Solo very easy and efficient to use, and mine has been very reliable over the past year. Also, the Vapor Genie coil is very good at what it does as long as you don't mind using a butane powered vape. The vapor genie will smell after a few uses, and the solo's stem with reek unless you store it in a smell proof container.

aesthyrian,

Tim

I've recently come to the realization that any flower vaporizer will smell. A lot. Even after the session, having a warm bowl with ABV inside will stink!

If you're looking for stealth over function, try out a concentrate vaporizer :)

Tim,

max

Out to lunch
basically something that wont reek if I keep it in my pocket for the day
Some are worse than others for smell, but whether 'in use' or just sitting cold, there's no guarantee against smell. And even if you can't smell it, that doesn't mean that others won't. A cig smoker doesn't usually think he walks around smelling like stale tobacco smoke, but non smokers are likely to call him 'stinky'. ;)

As for the iolite, I've used 'em a lot, and IMO the smell factor is fairly low. The DaVinci is much more to my liking for portable use, but for some reason the smell factor seems higher.

For sneaking quick hits and carrying around all day in a pocket, I'd give the Magic Flight box a high rating. For fast heat up, a quick mini/micro hit, and back in the pocket, it's hard to beat. You'll also get 'effective hits' that won't produce a lot of smelly vapor. Big hits from a portable can be counter productive if stealth is your goal. The iolite, like the DV, needs to heat up, and even though 90 sec. or so isn't long, the MF is much faster for heat up and cool down. The iolite, DV, and many other portables are also still gonna be at vaping temp for the time it takes to get several hits, no matter how soon you turn it off. As with any vape, keep it clean if you want to keep odor down. Stale mj odor can be as bad as fresh.

Espo

I too am looking for my first portable. There are so many on the market I have a headache from reading about each one I am interested in. I myself am looking for a stealthy battery powered (no butane or lighter) handheld portable vape, but I can't decide if I want something that will work with flowers or wax. Thats where I am stuck right now.

Espo,

Nycdeisel

Uhhh.... How about the MFLB!? :D

Its great for being very stealthy, small, and easy to use on the go or almost anywhere. Max summed it up pretty well for you. I love my mflb, i personally do not need any other portable vaporizer

Nycdeisel,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh Nyc-D, there are so many nice new portables now. Perhaps you should try one of those sometime and throw out that old relic of yours
smiley-face-poke.gif

:haw:

TS, will you ever come back to us?

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: Nycdeisel
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom