Looking to upgrade from HA H2.2 - SSV, Cloud, or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meth0tica

Hey everyone,

I bought the HA H2.2 as my first vape. I've never used the bag feature and only use the whip. I'm looking to upgrade equipment now that my feet are wet and would like advice.

I like the look of the SSV and it seems to be a step up in build quality. The glass whip is a draw for me as well with the ability to add coolers.

That said, if I just look at traffic on this site, the Vapexhale Cloud forum on here gets 4x the traffic of the SSV, so that leads me to think there is more people using that unit.

These are the two I'm considering now, but I'm open to another option.

Anyone moved from an H2.1 or H2.2 to any of the above, and what was your thoughts?

Thanks!

Meth0tica,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I'm currently rocking a SSV and really enjoy it. But the chatter about the VXC has me really intrigued and wondering if I should upgrade, :drool:.

Tweak,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Meth0tica:

The SSV is not a step up in build quality, the HA is high quality, built like a tank, and less likely to break, if dropped. Both vapes have stood the test of time.

Have you tried the HA, direct into glass/water? Simply invert the unit, and the mouthpiece fits nicely into either 14 or 18 female joints, or you can use the new GonG adaptors. This eliminates any stems/tubing and is how it works best, imo.

That said, either the HA or SSV are very good vapes, just different animals.

Meth0tica

Thanks Niceytoasted! I'll look more into the GonG as I decide on next steps to improve the experience.

Meth0tica,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks Niceytoasted! I'll look more into the GonG as I decide on next steps to improve the experience.
planetvape has a fritted disc GonG adapter for the HA that looks awesome!

(i actually kinda' want to buy an HA just to try that adapter in itself!)

Bouldorado

planetvape has a fritted disc GonG adapter for the HA that looks awesome!

(i actually kinda' want to buy an HA just to try that adapter in itself!)

That adapter is cool, but my experience with the DG tells me it would clog pretty quickly.

Bouldorado,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I started with the Extreme (similar to the HA) and got to where I was only using the whip. Eventually I wanted a bigger hit, so I got the SSV. [Side note: all the while during this timeline I am using log vapes on the side.] I was not disappointed. The SSV became my heavy hitter of choice for well over a year. Then I got on the Cloud beta program and shelved the SSV, which I thought impossible at the time. The Cloud taught me about what an all glass air path can do to the taste as well as what water filtration can do to the smoothness of the hit. When my beta Cloud died after a couple of years of use, I got a LSV as a 'hold-me-over' until I got another Cloud. I loved that vape as it was basically a SSV for water pipes...digging it! But now that I have my production Cloud I pretty much just use that and portables. You will be very happy with whichever vape you choose. If you are the type that likes to spend a little and get a killer value for a long time, get the SSV (or even a Buddha for less $). But if you are the type that likes to climb to the top of the quality mountain, skip the rest and get there now with the Cloud.

stickstones,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Gonna have to disagree somewhat with you, sticks.

I have owned both the EQ and HA for years, and have used the SSV/DBV on a few occasions.

The SSV/DBV do give "bigger" hits in that there is a higher effective flow rate because of more volume from the larger inner diameter of the vape/tubing. In effect you are getting more air, and more actives, at the cost of using a larger load, in general. You need to stir the load in the EQ/SSV/DBV to get a more thorough extraction.

With the HA, it extracts much more evenly, and more thoroughly than the others,. It uses a lower inner diameter mouthpiece/tubing that gives a lower effective flow, but that flow has more actives from the excellent extraction, making the hits more concentrated. This extraction, with the no grinding or stirring needed, gives the benefits of less actives loss, and getting more actives to the user.

This is not a knock on the EQ, SSV, or the DBV, but to say that the latter two are a step up from the HA, or a "heavier" hitter isn't really true, either.

Can we agree that heavier or bigger hitter can be from more volume OR from a higher concentration of actives in the air stream?

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Gonna have to disagree somewhat with you, sticks.

I have owned both the EQ and HA for years, and have used the SSV/DBV on a few occasions.

The SSV/DBV do give "bigger" hits in that there is a higher effective flow rate because of more volume from the larger inner diameter of the vape/tubing. In effect you are getting more air, and more actives, at the cost of using a larger load, in general. You need to stir the load in the EQ/SSV/DBV to get a more thorough extraction.

With the HA, it extracts much more evenly, and more thoroughly than the others,. It uses a lower inner diameter mouthpiece/tubing that gives a lower effective flow, but that flow has more actives from the excellent extraction, making the hits more concentrated. This extraction, with the no grinding or stirring needed, gives the benefits of less actives loss, and getting more actives to the user.

This is not a knock on the EQ, SSV, or the DBV, but to say that the latter two are a step up from the HA, or a "heavier" hitter isn't really true, either.

Can we agree that heavier or bigger hitter can be from more volume OR from a higher concentration of actives in the air stream?

An heavier hitter is a heavier hitter mostly because of the size of the bowl. The other variable is the concentration of actives but this also happens in a log vape, where the bowl volume is very small in comparison.

The no-grinding in a convection unit is only subjected to user preference and ease of use IMO. You can vape a nug and start crumbling it as you stir and it gets drier.

The no-stirring is best accomplished IMO, when the heat comes from all around the bowl instead of just the bottom. This, coupled with the punctured design of the bowl, explain the efficient extraction in the HA without stirring.
I still believe there is always a marginal difference between stirring vs no-stirring in terms of even roasting.

About the OP, traffic is a tricky way to judge a vaporizer's quality especially when you compare a somewhat new and revolutionary product and a older product that has lost its edge in the market.

That said, between the SSV and the Cloud there is a world of difference, as sticks explained above, that translates in double the price.

I think the SSV is a step up in taste mainly, compared to the HA, so it would be more justifiable to get a Cloud.

vorrange,

MG23

Relaxin'
I think adding a good portable to your lineup rather than a different desktop vape would be wise.
If you choose a Solo consider the Solo GonG adapter from PlanetVape.CA to go with it.
The Solo GonG adapter works with both the Solo and HA perfectly.
I use the combination with my bubbler every single day and no other vaporizer experience has compared.

Meth0tica

Thanks, that's good advice. I was looking at the PVHES Shorty stem for the solo and will grab the GonG while I'm at it. What bubbler you using?

Meth0tica,

MG23

Relaxin'
I have a few different water pieces I use with my HA/Solo + Solo GonG adapter combo regularly.

My preferred method of vaping is "0-handed HAbubblin" with my C2 Ratchet bubbler. http://www.brotherswithglass.com/C2_Custom_Creations_Ratchet_Bubbler_p/bwg-brb50.htm
Favorite features are the dewaar joint downstem, the ratchet perc, the 5mm thick glass, and sturdy base.
HA/Solo with GonG stem is held up steady in midair with a low center of gravity; allowing 0 handed use.
I had never heard of a ratchet perc before, but after "extensive testing" I'm glad I went with it over the slightly taller showerhead version.
That being said, the showerhead version would probably be a solid choice too.
http://www.brotherswithglass.com/C2_Custom_Creations_Showerhead_Bent_Neck_Water_Pip_p/bwg-brb1.htm

I have also been using an EHLE 250 straight tube for nearly three years. It has served me well.
http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/ehle-bongs-250ml.cfm
It is a great daily driver for the price and has held up impressively for being relatively thin glass.
If you want something similar but twice as thick I would recommend one of these:
http://www.brotherswithglass.com/HVY_Glass_11_Clear_Beaker_Water_Pipe_p/bwg-hmbk1.htm
http://www.brotherswithglass.com/HVY_Glass_11_Clear_Straight_Water_Pipe_p/bwg-hms1.htm

MG23,

OO

Technical Skeptical
The cloud gets traffic here the same way the volcano gets traffic in shops.

Just sayin.

I love the HA, and would not switch vapes, just techniques as it is very multifunctional.

max

Out to lunch
The cloud gets traffic here the same way the volcano gets traffic in shops.

Just sayin.

I love the HA, and would not switch vapes, just techniques as it is very multifunctional.
Not the same way. Most who think the Volcano is the 'best' vape have never used any vape, or maybe just the 'cano. Most who enjoy the vaping experience don't even use bags. Many who recommend the Cloud have owned quite a few different vapes. I used the HA for a couple of years, and liked it, but for direct draw I have no desire to mess with it. For 'out of the box' use and big hits, I much preferred the SSV and used it up until I bought the Cloud last year.

max,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I tend to think the cloud has little to offer over the HA, especially when price point is considered.

But that's just me.

I also think that many who tout the cloud as the best haven't compared it objectively to many of the more obscure vapes on the market which I personally favor.

For reference I have not used a cloud, I just despise the bandwagon mentality, instead favoring what fits personal circumstances the best. :)

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I also think that many who tout the cloud as the best haven't compared it objectively to many of the more obscure vapes on the market which I personally favor.

Could you please elaborate on which vapes and why you personally favor them? :)

vorrange,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Could you please elaborate on which vapes and why you personally favor them? :)
Sure, for desktop/party the multifunctional HA is great. It has ample direct draw compatibility, multi-function, like bags and the like, and is extremely good at extraction in bag mode. It is also extremely durable and somewhat user-friendly with a short learning curve.

I also prefer other vapes for home use or sharing, ones which are portables/freebase style like the hammer. The hammer is the tops as far as taste is concerned (with a couple exceptions), short vapor path length, with no changes in path diameter means theoretically the highest concentrations of terpenes (exceptions include the purple days which has a more insulating material for the path).

The hammer also has the added benefit of the "x-factor", which is the fact that it's induced effect is most potent, similar to smoking, and quite different that vapes with longer paths that involve filtration of one form or another. The gnome also falls into this category. The 'x-factor' is most likely the effective delivery of higher boiling compounds with the lower boilers simultaneously.

Price is also a factor, but mostly secondary, but I would not be able to say that it is not a factor.

Many don't care about the cost, but like I said, it is secondary to other factors.

The cloud does not contain any benefit over these other vapes that I can perceive.
I'm open to arguments as to what benefit it would have over them, but doubt we would find any for ME.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Sure, for desktop/party the multifunctional HA is great. It has ample direct draw compatibility, multi-function, like bags and the like, and is extremely good at extraction in bag mode. It is also extremely durable and somewhat user-friendly with a short learning curve.

I also prefer other vapes for home use or sharing, ones which are portables/freebase style like the hammer. The hammer is the tops as far as taste is concerned (with a couple exceptions), short vapor path length, with no changes in path diameter means theoretically the highest concentrations of terpenes (exceptions include the purple days which has a more insulating material for the path).

The hammer also has the added benefit of the "x-factor", which is the fact that it's induced effect is most potent, similar to smoking, and quite different that vapes with longer paths that involve filtration of one form or another. The gnome also falls into this category. The 'x-factor' is most likely the effective delivery of higher boiling compounds with the lower boilers simultaneously.

Price is also a factor, but mostly secondary, but I would not be able to say that it is not a factor.

Many don't care about the cost, but like I said, it is secondary to other factors.

The cloud does not contain any benefit over these other vapes that I can perceive.
I'm open to arguments as to what benefit it would have over them, but doubt we would find any for ME.

The HA has always left me curious mainly because of the sturdy design and the great extraction but i decided on the DBV for my first heavy hitter, mainly because it was the best bang for your buck at the time and one of the tastiest.. i knew i did not want bags because it's another thing to worry about and people report the flavour is a bit stale compared to the other ways to hit it. One of the other things that steered me to the DBV was that people reported the DBV/SSV have a better taste than the HA, dunno if it differs between direct hit and whip, problably does.

Now i have abandoned whip vapes for the most part, and prefer direct hit, with and without water filtration.. so the HA seems even less an option.

The hammer is another one that has me curious but i would mainly use it when i needed to vaporize in places with none to low electricity, and where i was safe from strange eyes. The glass stem and glass+steel airpath provides a very tasty vapour, but i already own the gn0mes for that.. do you prefer the hammer over the gn0me? I take it is more pratical at least.. i think it would be great to merge the two designs: a gn0me hammer, where the flame would point at the tube.

About the Cloud, i think it has its flaws, and i would not sell all my vaporizers after owning one (i think..), but in terms of vapor experience (taste, thickness, ease of use, even roasting, flavour profile).. from what people say, there is not one vaporizer that matches it.

vorrange,

OO

Technical Skeptical
The HA has always left me curious mainly because of the sturdy design and the great extraction but i decided on the DBV for my first heavy hitter, mainly because it was the best bang for your buck at the time and one of the tastiest.. i knew i did not want bags because it's another thing to worry about and people report the flavour is a bit stale compared to the other ways to hit it. One of the other things that steered me to the DBV was that people reported the DBV/SSV have a better taste than the HA, dunno if it differs between direct hit and whip, problably does.

Now i have abandoned whip vapes for the most part, and prefer direct hit, with and without water filtration.. so the HA seems even less an option.

The hammer is another one that has me curious but i would mainly use it when i needed to vaporize in places with none to low electricity, and where i was safe from strange eyes. The glass stem and glass+steel airpath provides a very tasty vapour, but i already own the gn0mes for that.. do you prefer the hammer over the gn0me? I take it is more pratical at least.. i think it would be great to merge the two designs: a gn0me hammer, where the flame would point at the tube.

About the Cloud, i think it has its flaws, and i would not sell all my vaporizers after owning one (i think..), but in terms of vapor experience (taste, thickness, ease of use, even roasting, flavour profile).. from what people say, there is not one vaporizer that matches it.

I find the gnome/hammer/ubie/*insert other freebase style here* to be very comparable, so really there is little to separate them except for where the heat is stored/applied, and a few other factors.

As far as heavy hitting is concerned, I find the freebase styles to be the heaviest of the heavy (note the 'x-factor').

As far as flavor is concerned between bag and whip, I think those that say that vapor tastes worse from a bag than a whip are deluded, I understand it's all subjective, but I've never had whip flavor that matched bag flavor. That being said bag vapor tends to be dry and harsh, and that is all most remember after trying it.

No flavor compares to freebase flavor.

HA's have always been priced similarly to the DBV if you look on amazon or other similar sources.

The HA's main attraction to you would seem to be twofold, Durability, and effective bag extraction.

I would stick with freebase styles if you prefer direct draw, there's too many benefits.

As far as the cloud is concerned, the HA has the slightly better ease of use (no grinding), and much better even roasting (especially when extracting with pump (regardless of ground or not)). Freebase styles have the best flavor, so the cloud doesn't stand a chance.
All of this is theoretical, but that being said, I haven't found exceptions to the theory in every place I have applied it.

OO,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom