Looking to get the best portable (no wires) Vaporizer on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshjiv

I have an Arizer Extreme Q that I got in April that has just been amazing. I love the thing. That said, I know they offer a battery pack, but its expensive, and moreso, just not really that portable.

I want to get a battery powered Vape for taking to concerts, hiking, etc. I have been off this board since buying and getting the Arizer, so I am sort of out of the loop. I know that Iolite was really considered one of the best portable vapes, but want to get people's opinions here on that one and also anything else that is out that is comparable or better or anything. Price isn't too big a deal, but I know I paid $200 for my Arizer Extreme Q so I really don't want to pay more than that for a portable vape. Thanks!

freshjiv,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I own and like the iolite. They are not 100%, and seem to have a higher failure rate. But if you get one that works, they are good. I'm not crazy about the Butane.

I also own a Vapir NO2 battery powered. I have an informal review on that in theNO2 thread. So far it looks OK. A bit big, perhaps. The issue is the smell. Can't figure it out, but smells like a burning TV.

willieR,

Wolface

The magic flight launch box is the must have portable these days, and for under $100 you can't go wrong.

Wolface,

max

Out to lunch
The LB is harder to use than the iolite, which has the fixed temp. You'll never have to retire a busted LB though, even if you bust it yourself-just let MF know and they'll send a replacement. They're so cheap-every vaporist wanting portability should have an LB.

max,

lwien

freshjiv said:
Max, what exactly do you mean harder to use? I am not following.

I believe he means that there is a bit more of a learning curve. The Iolite has a fixed temp, where as, with the LB, the temp is regulated by how long you keep the battery against the contacts along with how fast or slow you draw.

So with an LB, until you get the technique down, you can bring the bud very close to combustion. Not so with the Iolite, but from everything that I have read, getting the technique down happens fairly quickly.

lwien,

Raf007

Retailer
I own both, and haven't used my Iolite since I got the LB around 3 months ago.

Raf007,

Mckdenton

Yeah man, the LB is the bee's knees his legs and his arms.

Vapor genie also another portable option, if you don't mind a flame based vape.
:peace:

Mckdenton,

Wolface

Once you have mastered the Launch box you can actually pull off some pretty hardy rips. The more you practice, the better they get!

Wolface,
Go to general vapor discussion, then retailer posts, and look for Vapeworld's discount.

You can get the MFLB and its optional whip shipped first class for 91 and change.

I still really like my vaporgenie classic. If you don't mind the click of a lighter, if you don't mind being victim to the wind, and if you can conquer its modest learning curve, the VG classic can deliver big, tasty hits of vapor on the go. I think vapeworld carries it for 55 - 12% discount for only 48.50 shipped. Schwing. While my MFLB is in the mail, I hardly think it'll best the vaporgenie in every way, just as the VG won't best it in everyway.

charliedontsurf,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Another vote for the LB...truly a must have for the vapor enthusiast.

Its small, durable, reliable, simple, economical, and produces results. All backed by a rock solid warranty and customer support.

ONLY gripes I can think of:

1)Can't do hash (BUT WILL do keif like a fuckin champ)

2)There is no adapter for AC usage (but there is one in the works, but it is taking a while to develop or something like that. Refer to the LB thread to find out about it).

finchrock24,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The best vaporizer is totally relative. For stealth, it's hard to beat the LB. See the link in my sig, then drop by the MFLB thread.

pakalolo,

freshjiv

Ok, I have decided to get the MF LB!! I found one of the sponsored sellers coupon codes and can get it shipped for $89! That said, are there any accessories/cleaning tools that I should think about buying in addition to just the unit? I ask b/c I notice they had a bunch of add on accessories/cleaning products related to the MFLB, so I want to see if anyone had any good tips/insights to get before ordering. Thanks!

freshjiv,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
freshjiv said:
Ok, I have decided to get the MF LB!! I found one of the sponsored sellers coupon codes and can get it shipped for $89! That said, are there any accessories/cleaning tools that I should think about buying in addition to just the unit? I ask b/c I notice they had a bunch of add on accessories/cleaning products related to the MFLB, so I want to see if anyone had any good tips/insights to get before ordering. Thanks!

Congratulations, I think you'll be happy. The LB arrives with everything you need to get started, so you don't need anything else. Want is a different story.

Some like to add on a whip or a drawing tube. You get one tube with the LB and I immediately filed mine in the back of a drawer. ;) Extra batteries and a high end charger are popular accessories. The only cleaning accessory I'm aware of is the little brush that comes with your LB. You don't really need to order those, since you can probably find an equivalent at your nearest cosmetics counter. What other things are they offering?

pakalolo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom