Looking for an "easy draw" vaporizer

johnny_jungle

Hi fellas,

after using my CRZ for a fairly long time, I keep coming back to this odd problem that during/after vape sessions, my ribs tend to hurt. I think it has to do with deep inhalation but I now hypothesize that it may also be because I have to draw quite strongly.

Beside the "bag" vaporizers like the volcano, are there any regular (e.g. log) vaporizers that are especially easy to draw from? I've read before that the Underdog is supposed to have an easy draw. Would it be a good choice? Any other suggestions?

Many thanks!

PS: Some other framing criteria: <300USD, no need to be portable, temp control optional, usually vaping alone or with 1 other person, high efficiency preferred.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Between my nano & ud i think the ud is a little less restrictive. Unless you use the nylon / ss tip single hitter stem.
Maybe you need something with fan to help pull in your hit
Like herbie or an eq even super silver surfer.
Or take more smaller hits. Lol
I find myself doing the same thing pulling in those monster hits trying to fill those lungs.
Versa but thats not available most free flowing I own. Its like a glass log.
Evo is nice but expensive
As said above cant go wrong with 7th floor vapes.
Good luck

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Go check out the DBV by 7th floor vapes - you can buy a cosmetic seconds unit for around $100. It's one of the best whip vapes you can buy on a budget. Very low drag resistance as well.

Alternatively, if you want slightly lower drag resistance (but a bit more cumbersome vape to handle), check out the 7th Floor LSV which is basically the same as the DBV minus the whip function (it's a direct draw vape)

6079Smith

I was on this same exact quest a few months back due to an injury that led to me developing TMJ/jaw issues, though I have also experienced what you describe. A very tight and uncomfortable tummy, almost to the chest. Following a keto lifestyle, I get very little gas of any kind yet find myself burping during these periods, burps with a familiar skunk to 'em.

As mentioned, the Evo is a solid choice. There are lot's of good options but here's the route I went. I had an Evo but chose to also invest in an Herbalizer; nothing beats the fan breathing for you in terms of draw resistance and the option to use hydratubes, whip, or bags meant I could see what I preferred for mouth feel and have variety. The fan can be used with any method- pretty cool seeing your piece bubble away by itself, lol. The cost was prohibitive at first but I saw with a 21% off coupon and no sales tax it was right about the cost of an Evo w/ ht. Less than $500.

For a portable, I went with a Milaana. More fiddly than what I was used to but a wide open draw that you determine constriction by tamping the load.

The one that get's used the most, though, is the Brick. I didn't anticipate loving it so much but it gets used the most in my house. No cord, instant vapor, beastly production, and best of all absolutely no restriction.

These are the vapes that have helped me the most, hope this helps and good luck with your search :)

Edit: Oops, less than $300 criteria.. Get a Brick :)

little maggie

Just to repeat: the log vapes like the nano and underdog are absolutely simple to use and are attractive small wood pieces. They last forever because there really is nothing to break other than a glass tube if you are using glass. One advantage of the underdog is that it comes with several stems and you can pick the ones you want so you can get a long stem and a gong without paying extra. The enano is also good but you have to pay extra for stems.

The Milaana is pretty much a portable log. Simple to use. Since I got my milaana I pretty much use that and the dynavap and my other vaporizers are futilely waiting for use.

Squiby

Beside the "bag" vaporizers like the volcano, are there any regular (e.g. log) vaporizers that are especially easy to draw from? I've read before that the Underdog is supposed to have an easy draw. Would it be a good choice? Any other suggestions?

Many thanks!

PS: Some other framing criteria: <300USD, no need to be portable, temp control optional, usually vaping alone or with 1 other person, high efficiency preferred.

If you are interested in an exterior heated vaporizer, consider the Dynavap Vapcap.

It is a small, very efficient, unitrusive vape. The draw resistance is determined by the carb and can be completely freeflowing or when carbed down it can offer a mouth pull type of resistance. The vapour is astonishingly smooth. Smoother than any vape I have tried.

The Vapcap has a modular build so you can mix and match components to achieve a custom look. Long stems, short bodies and 12mm, 14mm and 18mm VonGs are available as well as custom pieces.

It is <300 USD. The prices range from $30 USA for the glass body, glass bowl base model - OG Vapcap, to $150 USA for Tue titanium model - the Omni, which features a mouthpiece that you twist to dial in your prefered air resistance.

The temp is controlled by applying heat to the top or bottom end of the cap. When you reach vaping temps, the cap clicks and then clicks again when it is ready to be reheated.

Almost any heat source will do, from a simple bic lighter to 1, 2, 3 or 4 jet lighter to a candle, stove element or campfire. Heating can take just a few seconds to maybe as long as 20 seconds depending on what you are heating it with.

The Vapcap is made in the USA. There are no batteries, cords or electronics to fail. No plastics or glue to deteriorate. The Customer Service offered by George @VapCap the inventor is unparalleled and absolutely stellar.

Checkout the Dynavap thread if this is the type of vape you might be interested in.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-238

Here is my Copper Stoned Ti Vapcap and it's Dynastash.

BprZ2kX.jpg

6079Smith

If you are interested in an exterior heated vaporizer, consider the Dynavap Vapcap.

It is a small, very efficient, unitrusive vape. The draw resistance is determined by the carb and can be completely freeflowing or when carbed down it can offer a mouth pull type of resistance. The vapour is astonishingly smooth. Smoother than any vape I have tried.

The Vapcap has a modular build so you can mix and match components to achieve a custom look. Long stems, short bodies and 12mm, 14mm and 18mm VonGs are available as well as custom pieces.

It is <300 USD. The prices range from $30 USA for the glass body, glass bowl base model - OG Vapcap, to $150 USA for Tue titanium model - the Omni, which features a mouthpiece that you twist to dial in your prefered air resistance.

The temp is controlled by applying heat to the top or bottom end of the cap. When you reach vaping temps, the cap clicks and then clicks again when it is ready to be reheated.

Almost any heat source will do, from a simple bic lighter to 1, 2, 3 or 4 jet lighter to a candle, stove element or campfire. Heating can take just a few seconds to maybe as long as 20 seconds depending on what you are heating it with.

The Vapcap is made in the USA. There are no batteries, cords or electronics to fail. No plastics or glue to deteriorate. The Customer Service offered by George @VapCap the inventor is unparalleled and absolutely stellar.

Checkout the Dynavap thread if this is the type of vape you might be interested in.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-238

Here is my Copper Stoned Ti Vapcap and it's Dynastash.

BprZ2kX.jpg
Hey Squiby, I know how much of a fan you are of Dynavap and I am one, too! I also agree with everything you mentioned with one notable exception- draw resistance, which is the crux of OPs question...

Not to be argumentative or question your personal experience but I couldn't not chime in with mine, here..

In my opinion my woody is among my hardest drawing vapes, even with titanium screen mod. I wouldn't describe it as free flowing, at all. To confirm, I just did a dry test of my vapes and it's almost exactly the same draw resistance as a hopper, which is not the best.

It's on the farthest end of the draw spectrum of my vapes, along w/ the Hopper and FW3. Mighty and Vapman solidly in middle. Milaana, yet more free flowing. Brick, Herbie, Evo the most free flowing of my vapes. Hell, the Herbie will breathe for me. The Brick I'm pretty certain I could hide with underwater and use it as a breathing tube lol

Anyway, as someone who is affected by TMJ/jaw issues, this question resonated with me and I would not be able to recommend one for the specific scenario laid out by OP. But Vapcaps, in general, are awesome- put down that pitchfork! :)

Squiby

Hey Squiby, I know how much of a fan you are of Dynavap and I am one, too! I also agree with everything you mentioned with one notable exception- draw resistance, which is the crux of OPs question...

Not to be argumentative or question your personal experience but I couldn't not chime in with mine, here..

In my opinion my woody is among my hardest drawing vapes, even with titanium screen mod. I wouldn't describe it as free flowing, at all. To confirm, I just did a dry test of my vapes and it's almost exactly the same draw resistance as a hopper, which is not the best.

It's on the farthest end of the draw spectrum of my vapes, along w/ the Hopper and FW3. Mighty and Vapman solidly in middle. Milaana, yet more free flowing. Brick, Herbie, Evo the most free flowing of my vapes. Hell, the Herbie will breathe for me. The Brick I'm pretty certain I could hide with underwater and use it as a breathing tube lol

Anyway, as someone who is affected by TMJ/jaw issues, this question resonated with me and I would not be able to recommend one for the specific scenario laid out by OP. But Vapcaps, in general, are awesome- put down that pitchfork! :)

Thanks for describing your experience.

I find the Vapman, although a fantastic vape with a unrestricted airpath, to have slightly harsher vapour than the Vapcap which is why I never mentioned it. I love my Vapman but sometimes it makes me cough. And I just can't handle coughing.

I have never coughed with the Vapcap and I am a severe chronic asthmatic. I prefer a restricted air path so I can mouth pull the vapour into my mouth then breath in with fresh air for a extremely smooth hit with no lung irritation whatsoever. Because, for me, the airpath is so unrestricted, I have my Omni mp screwed all the way in and use the carb closed.

I am not familiar with the challenges that TMJ/jaw issues present, but it sounds like the Vapcap may not be the best choice for you.

In terms of providing smooth vapour with no lung irritation, the Vapcap is the best I have found so far.

6079Smith

No problem, that's what this forum's all about :)

I'm happy with my choice of a Vapcap. My issues, like most things, exist on a spectrum and I am still able to do mouth-to-lung inhalations with the woody. Looking forward to seeing how Omni compares. I probably wouldn't fare well with it as an all day dd, most others would.

OP asked about draw resistance specifically, not smoothness- which I think would be much more subjective. You can quantify air volume if desired but not smoothness. More parameters than draw resistance is opening a can of worms that I'd tend to stay out of.

I think the fact that both you and I described our usage with Vapcap as mouth-to-lung vs straight-to-lung inhalation, illustrates the draw resistance point perfectly. The only reason to draw with your mouth is because there is resistance to draw against.

I think we can both agree it's fantastic that the vape market is robust enough that there is truly something for everyone, no right or wrong.

Happy vaping! :)

Edit: Oops, meant to reply to @Squiby

Last edited:

johnny_jungle

You lot got me all excited and lovestruck for an EVO, despite it's price and ... sub-par appearance, because of its apparent stellar performance. But it seems like it's really hard to obtain in Europe. Shame, really, as it there seems to be a consensus that this is the "vape of least resistance" short of the fan-driven ones. And I can very well imagine this to be true since it has this huge basket where the air can freely flow around the herb.

Btw I already own a Vapman for hiking, but I don't want to mess around with a lighter at home, so I'm not too excited about the Milaana, Vapcap, Brick etc.

Next best would be the 7th floor vapes, it seems. DBV is affordable but it seems like the herb needs to be stirred since it sits horizontal. Also I suspect crumbs could fall into the glass bit? The SSV seems cumbersome to use with a bubbler because it needs a whip for that, unless you hold it in a weird diagonal fashion. Also not too excited about the looks.

@6079Smith: You also have an UD, how does it compare to the Evo in terms of drawing resistance when using the "wide" direct draw stem? The UD appeals to me most in terms of looks. If it has significantly less resistance than my CRZ, and if I can't source an EVO, it might be the best option for me, also because of how I use my vape (herb only, at the desk while working, taking occasional hits using a bubbler).

EDIT: Well shit, UD also not available in Europe...

EDIT2: Herborizer looks nice, is available, fits the budget and can be used with my existing glass... Any idea how it compares to others in terms of draw resistance? Doesn't look very efficient though with that huge chamber.

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
You lot got me all excited and lovestruck for an EVO, despite it's price and ... sub-par appearance, because of its apparent stellar performance. But it seems like it's really hard to obtain in Europe. Shame, really, as it there seems to be a consensus that this is the "vape of least resistance" short of the fan-driven ones. And I can very well imagine this to be true since it has this huge basket where the air can freely flow around the herb.

Btw I already own a Vapman for hiking, but I don't want to mess around with a lighter at home, so I'm not too excited about the Milaana, Vapcap, Brick etc.

Next best would be the 7th floor vapes, it seems. DBV is affordable but it seems like the herb needs to be stirred since it sits horizontal. Also I suspect crumbs could fall into the glass bit? The SSV seems cumbersome to use with a bubbler because it needs a whip for that, unless you hold it in a weird diagonal fashion. Also not too excited about the looks.

@6079Smith: You also have an UD, how does it compare to the Evo in terms of drawing resistance when using the "wide" direct draw stem? The UD appeals to me most in terms of looks. If it has significantly less resistance than my CRZ, and if I can't source an EVO, it might be the best option for me, also because of how I use my vape (herb only, at the desk while working, taking occasional hits using a bubbler).

EDIT: Well shit, UD also not available in Europe...

EDIT2: Herborizer looks nice, is available, fits the budget and can be used with my existing glass... Any idea how it compares to others in terms of draw resistance? Doesn't look very efficient though with that huge chamber.

Why is the Evo hard to obtain in Europe?

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/vapexhale-cloud-evo-vaporizer.html

WoodyWeedPecker

Check out the LSV too. Very low draw resistance, pairs well with bubblers and can be made efficient with arizer screens. It's a pretty large unit but can provide cool smooth dense hits. You will love the absence of draw resistance.

WoodyWeedPecker,
Top Bottom