Longtime older smokers not fond of vapor?

ghost>boogie on

iko-iko all day
hey y'all. noob here. older stoner who had trouble with MFLB because of 'lack of cloud'.
i've been hydrating a whip lately, and love it. seeing big clouds works for me.
i'm using way less product and i've been using the ABV to make killer crock pot butter.
i really like 'reusing' the product.
try hydrating some big clouds, i'm not going back to combustion!
i've got a volcano on my Xmas list!

ghost>boogie on,

abbrev

I have been vaporizing (Volcano devout) for around 6 years now and very occasionaly smoke a pure spliff with the cano poo. I gave up tobacco around the same time and find the vaping is a far superior way for me to consume weed than smoking and in a way helped me to kick the nasty tobacco habit completely as well.

Being an allergic asthmatic prone to hayfever and various other allergies however I find that vaping causes slight allergic symptoms as if I was walking on a freshly mowed pasture such as itching nose, throat and tightness in the lungs. I didn't get that from smoking, quite the opposite. I felt with smoking as if it numbed, glued my lungs and actually relaxed the asthma whereas the vaping rather agitates them.

Isn't it strange how vaping as a much healthier and cleaner way to inhale makes me subjectively feel worse than smoking at times. And even so I'm very happy with that switch and will always prefer vaping to smoking.

I think it's better to just call it ABV. "Poo" is waste, and waste is something that ABV most certainly is not.

kingofnull,
Reactions: survyvr

abbrev

I respectfully disagree. Poo is very useful as compost. And ABV is actually a waste product indeed. That does not make it useless of course, it is a waste product that can be recycled in multiple beautiful ways. I just do not like acronyms that much, see I had to look it up in the glossary, I didn't even know what the acronym ABV stood for before this day and I have been vaping for more than 5 years. Yet everybody immediately knows what I mean when I say POO :haw:

abbrev,

Nosferatu

When I was heavy into vaping I tried to get older people into vaping and doing it right but they always say they still like the smoke high more. Or the main excuse is they don't want to deal with such a ritual just to smoke some herb.

I started with a vaporgenie and it was okay but hard to get a buzz that lasted long. Then got the MFLB and liked it for the first month but then knew it could never give me the big hits I desire. So I went back to smoking also and mainly used it for stealth. After that I got an EXQ but hated the heat up time and all the parts, and it took too much herb for a good buzz. Then I got into the big boy vapes like the Buddha and LSV, and at this point started vaping through water. I did this for 2 years straight only combusting maybe once or twice this whole time. I had many different bongs and bubblers and tried many different kinds of herb in it but was never fully satisfied. The high just wasn't right for my lifestyle. So I thought bags must be the solution to a good extraction, and got an Ion. Well it sucked basically and gave shitty hits unless packed alot, also I think it was a bad design. So after that I tried some more portables like the Solo and Vape or smoke and tried to like them but couldn't. So I thought the Cloud was the solution to my problems, so I waited over a year for it. After 3 months of using it exclusively, I'm back to packing bowls in a clean bong and just using a bic. I don't smoke joints pipes or anything though, just the trusty big waterpipe cleaned daily. I still vape sometimes just to justify my Cloud purchase but in all honesty the high just feels too intense and ends up causing me problems, so I don't know quite what the future holds.

But for now I would say I'm with Slightly Medicated on this one, I just prefer the chemicals you get from smoking. :science: :peace:

Nosferatu,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
TBH, I just think it's a really immature sounding name for ABV. Call it what you want, but I don't prefer it.

Also, I'd say ABV is the commonly accepted proper name for cannabis that has previously been vaped.

ABV is a great name. Poo doesn't sound like it should be vaped lol.

As for old people and vaping, from my experience some see the light but others are exclusive combusters. Particularly old people have an affinity for hand rolled stuff.

Steele Concept,

poonman

Here's my take and experience ,
Started smoking MJ at 16 and have been for 35 yrs .
I've been in the vaping game for 14 months now .
Started with mflb ; Volcano ; NO2 ; and now the Solo .

For me , it doesn't matter what vape I have .

I have to adjust my thinking that vaping , only utilizes MJ's potential properties/high by 90% .
Which I believe is the reason for reclaiming the resin and cooking with the AVB .
Where as smoking MJ gets 100% of all the Cannabinoids/THC . ( not as wasteful ). imo

I was at 50/50 in my methods in the past 12 months or so .
But I am slowly finding that it may be getting more like 60% vaping and 40% smoking MJ now .
Yes I am shooting for 100% vaping ...eventually .

But until then ,
I still need my TLC from my THC .:)

Happy Cannabizing Y'all

poonman,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
Here's my take and experience ,
Started smoking MJ at 16 and have been for 35 yrs .
I've been in the vaping game for 14 months now.

I'm a grand-dad, keeping fit and active, aiming to reach my century (and retain my faculties). That's why I started vaping and quit smoking 2 years ago. I haven't felt better since before I started smoking over 40 years ago!

Started with mflb ; Volcano ; NO2 ; and now the Solo.

Ubie (primitive), Inavap (crude, clumsy), iolite (easy handling, 190C/374F only), MFLB (fiddly, good stand-by), Solo (A1 quality, semi-portable). Nothing's perfect on this planet, is it? :nod:

For me , it doesn't matter what vape I have .
I have to adjust my thinking that vaping , only utilizes MJ's potential properties/high by 90% .
Which I believe is the reason for reclaiming the resin and cooking with the AVB.

Good point!

Where as smoking MJ gets 100% of all the Cannabinoids/THC. (not as wasteful). imo

No! No! No! Smoking loses more like 50% of your precious herb. It literally 'goes up in smoke'. That's why outsiders can smell it, where potheads are smoking it. (Although, strangely, most potheads can't smell it while they themselves are smoking it'!)

:tup:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,
Reactions: deadc0ffee

poonman

Hey HRT ,
Good point about losing 50% " up in smoke " .

I just meant you get 100% benefit of the cannabinoids/THC high when you do smoke it .
But yes , there is a lot of smoke with cannabinoids/THC being Wasted .

Now I really have to look into getting a water pipe/hookhah for my Hobby .

And since we're about the same age ,
Do you remember the " Super tokers " .
They were shaped like an oval football ( American ) .
You clipped the lit joint in the cap part and stuck it inside the ball . ( enclosed )
And then you would squeeze in the sides of the ball , to push out the smoke out the mouthpiece cap
and inhale . You would then pass it with all the smoke still being conserved inside the ball for the
next hit .

Man , you brought up some great memories for me of my youth . :)
I'm vaping a bowl on your behalf , Mr. Down-Under .:rockon:

vapirtoo

Wow! Super tokers! Used one briefly during college( 70's ).
It was semi- stealthy.

ABV vs. POO.... a rose by any other name is still a rose.
I also prefer ABV... whatever. :2c:

I wish that our well heeled bretheren in the medical states could
send us their lighty vaped ABV, so that us starving, huddled masses
could get a free high. :smug:

Nosferatu, You may be one of those individuals that needs combustion. :goon:
Keep those bowls clean and take a rip for me!

vapirtoo,
Reactions: Nosferatu

mwahle1

I think for many older smokers, like myself, in order to convert from smoking to pure vaping takes a bit of dedication and initially having a heavy hitting vaporizer. I smoked cigarettes for about 25 years and quit about 3 years ago using the ecig. I smoked cannabis for about 30 years before converting to vaping only about 3 months ago. I did much research on vaporizers and the high they produced. I initially decided that I would only vape for the first few weeks upon owning my vaporizer.

It did not take long for me to appreciate the big satisfying hits my vaporizer was providing (not to mention the taste). It definitely satisfied my need for smoking (feeling in throat and lungs). However, even though vaporizing got me very high, it did not give me that stoned feeling smoking did; and I did miss this. But after a few weeks after my body and brain adjusted, the high from vaporizing is now just as satisfying compared to smoking if not more so; and I do not feel as “cheesed out” the next morning. Not to mention that my smoker’s cough is completely gone.

I believe for many long time smokers (cannabis and/or tobacco) they need to initially commitment to vaporizing exclusively and have a good heavy hitting vaporizer to give the sensation that closely resembling smoking.

lwien

I definitely think that those who currently smoke cigs would have a MUCH harder time converting to vaporizing.

I'm one of the oldest guys here, if not the oldest, but the conversion to vaping was really easy for me, but then, I quit my 3 pack a day cig habit 30 years ago.

lwien,
Reactions: poonman

poonman

I think for many older smokers, like myself, in order to convert from smoking to pure vaping takes a bit of dedication and initially having a heavy hitting vaporizer. I smoked cigarettes for about 25 years and quit about 3 years ago using the ecig. I smoked cannabis for about 30 years before converting to vaping only about 3 months ago. I did much research on vaporizers and the high they produced. I initially decided that I would only vape for the first few weeks upon owning my vaporizer.

It did not take long for me to appreciate the big satisfying hits my vaporizer was providing (not to mention the taste). It definitely satisfied my need for smoking (feeling in throat and lungs). However, even though vaporizing got me very high, it did not give me that stoned feeling smoking did; and I did miss this. But after a few weeks after my body and brain adjusted, the high from vaporizing is now just as satisfying compared to smoking if not more so; and I do not feel as “cheesed out” the next morning. Not to mention that my smoker’s cough is completely gone.

I believe for many long time smokers (cannabis and/or tobacco) they need to initially commitment to vaporizing exclusively and have a good heavy hitting vaporizer to give the sensation that closely resembling smoking.

What was the vaporizer that you used first that help you switched over ?
And what other ones do you own ? if none other....you will eventually .:)

Welcome to FC mwahle1

poonman,

mwahle1

Thanks Poonman,
After much research, I wanted the most cost effective (just in case I did not like it) heavy hitter (IMO)—Da Buddha.

I will definite get a log vape next for conservation and in the future I want the Cloud, without question.

The only other vaporizer that I own besides the DBV is the vapor genie ss bat—but it gets way too hot and I have never used it since getting the DBV.

mwahle1,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
Now I really have to look into getting a water pipe/hookhah for my Hobby .

I never used one, never felt the need for one.

And since we're about the same age ,

Really? :lol: In 1960, age 21, I started smoking cigarettes (at a party). I quit, cold turkey, in 1987. Painful. In 1972 a fellow health-professional introduced me to marijuana (at a party!). In 2010 I quit smoking (joints), and started vaping. Easy.

Do you remember the " Super tokers " .

No, never heard of 'em.

I'm vaping a bowl on your behalf , Mr. Down-Under .:rockon:

Thanks mate. (No wonder I'm feeling high right now!) :leaf:

PS I've got my eye on the recently released Ploom Pax, but they're not yet available in Australia. :cry:

PPS Your full-stops are getting ahead of themselves. :whoa:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

Tamataz

Icelander
Its hard to teach and old dog new tricks. Then it comes down to wether they were hitting the vape properly and getting high. A lot of people just enjoy the "ritual" of smoking, breaking up the bud, taking the time to roll a joint etc. The social aspect and fun of smoking a pipe. But old people will be old people and prefer old methods over brand new technology, for some people its hard to change. I myself like change often and consider myself pretty adaptive(?)

Tamataz,

lwien

But old people will be old people and prefer old methods over brand new technology.....

Not I.

I vape nightly.
Use my iMac daily.
Played World of WarCrack for two years till I had to wean myself off of it
Run 25 miles a week.
Use an Aeropress and an electric burr grinder to make freshly roasted coffee.
Eat Sushi
Fly stunt kites
On Twitter and Instagram
Love to play Forza Motorport 4, Skyrim and Mass Effect on mah Xbox
Love Game of Thrones, Louie, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert
Am NOT a Republican
etc etc etc

And I'm the oldest fucker on this board and clearly remember when there was no such thing as a color tv.

There are a lot of old codgers like myself who refuse to grow up. ;)

Tamataz

Icelander
Obviously I'm not saying ALL old people are like that, but a lot are. Kudos to you, you are the type of person that are down to earth and continue to keep up with the world, and staying active! Im sure you will age well. ;)

Tamataz,

poonman

Not I.

I vape nightly.
Use my iMac daily.
Played World of WarCrack for two years till I had to wean myself off of it
Run 25 miles a week.
Use an Aeropress and an electric burr grinder to make freshly roasted coffee.
Eat Sushi
Fly stunt kites
On Twitter and Instagram
Love to play Forza Motorport 4, Skyrim and Mass Effect on mah Xbox
Love Game of Thrones, Louie, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert
Am NOT a Republican
etc etc etc

And I'm the oldest fucker on this board.

There are a lot of old codgers like myself who refuse to grow up. ;)

Mr. lwien ,
You're my idol ,
I wish I was half that active !
Out of that entire list of yours ,
I do one of those .
And you all can guess which one .
Actually 2 , if you count J.Stewart and S. Colbert .

Each old dog are different from another .
But this old dog Howls at the opportunity of learning ANYTHING new relating to MJ/THC .

Vaping is definitely one ,
And ..........
I just picked up some Budda for the first time .
Will be testing it tomorrow , don't know what to expect ?

But Happy Freakin Cannabizing Y'all

poonman,

lwien

Im sure you will age well. ;)

Other than a bladder that doesn't work anymore, I'm doin' ok.
After all, it's just a bit o' plumbing that bit the dust, eh? ;)
If there was one part of my body that I had to choose to not work anymore, that would be it.

lwien,
Top Bottom