Long time bong smoker looking for 1st daily driver vape

Rooster99

Hi all,

Been lurking for a little while now. Love all the great info you guys have supplied me. Its all come down to this now. I promised I would get this sorted by the end of the day and now its 3am and Ive got more questions than answers.

I am a long-time daily bong smoker, and am used to really ripping cone and getting that instant hit. Im switching to vaporizing in order to save product, and to be better to myself in the long run.

I have a magic flight launch box on the way, and I plan on using that as a portable unit. I was so close to pulling the trigger on Da Buddha, but I had to poke around a bit more and now Im not so sure. I selected DBV because I had read consistantly that it gives a nice, heavy hit and is reasonably efficient.

But then I looked around a few more units that are available. There are the very efficient log-styles that I have heard are great at conserving but not so good (vs the dbv) at the instant bong-style gratification.

I was looking at the Extreme-q as well as I like the idea of being able to use bags, but I am a little hesitant as I think my primary method of vaping will be through a bong. Once again, I have heard the DBV is great at this function.

I have heard recommendations in the chat rooms for a Supreme Vaporizer, which from the few reviews that I could find is apparently a great vape, but the whole having to use a lighter looks like a pain, and they are charging $200US for what is essentially a box with a hunk of metal sticking out and a digital thermometer. Im not doubting its worth it, but when there are so many options at that price point, Im sure there must be better vapes for what Im planning on using it for.

Another thing as well is that I am located in Australia, so I gotta deal with international shipping and also trying to source 220-240VAC models at a decent price.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Rooster99,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
If you want big, powerful bong hits the VHW and Supreme are probably your top choices. When the Cloud is released that is sure to change. Check the threads on each.

There are the very efficient log-styles that I have heard are great at conserving but not so good (vs the dbv) at the instant bong-style gratification.
A small bowl isn't going to provide as much vapor as a big bowl but it can still probably give you more than you can handle in 1 hit. You have to decide whether you want a vape for conservation or the biggest hits possible. A lot of people get one for each.

Lots of PD bong vids around. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TT-mI50k9w

vtac,

steiner666

Serial vapist
yeah, i thought the same thing about the supreme vape, it looks/sounds like it delivers some serious hits, but I like to avoid anything that can give me serious burns, esp when i'm vaked. I could def see myself with some major burns on my hands, i'm just clumsy. :lol:

The DBV is a solid vape, it was my first and I was really happy with it when i got it. However, once i hooked my big 2ft bong up to it, i started having issues with herb getting blown from the bowl into the heatercover, something that didnt really ever happen with just whip hits. I ended up selling my DBV for a SSV with standard bowl/heater cover connection, and I am much happier. I think the price diff is justified, definitely. No herb getting blown into heatercover, and no ground glass connection to get stuck, so its much easier to stir in between hits. And the rips through bongs/bubblers are as satisfying as i'd ever need. If i got any thicker or bigger hits than what it delivers, i think it would be too much and just a waste in the end, not as efficient.

There is the VHW and other similar heat wand sort of vapes that are designed specifically to be used with bongs, but I've heard so many bad things about durability and longevity of those vapes, i would never fork over for them myself. The vapexhale cloud is coming out in the near future, and it is a similar style. many members are eagerly anticipating its release. Something to check into.

I like the flexibility that a whip vape provides. The whip hits are pretty cool and smooth on their own, so if you want to take it somewhere, you dont have to haul your bongs with you to be able to use it. And if youre paranoid about transporting the resined up whip around with you, you can do what i did and buy a couple and leave them at your friends houses, that way you just have to transport the SSV itself. You can get vaporbros mini whips for $10 a piece that are pretty much exactly like ssv wands but smaller.

But really, any vape that members here recommend will more than likely be a good choice.

steiner666,

Rooster99

Well looking at about $340 shipped for an SSV, extra wand and tubing, 10 extra screens, 14mm bong adapter and a hands free attachment. Im ordering direct from SSV as they seem to do the cheapest international shipping. Any thoughts?

Rooster99,

max

Out to lunch
I'm thinking you should check here before you buy - http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2463

10-12% discounts are available from recommended dealers. You may not be able to get all the accessories you want, but it can't hurt to ask. I know Vapeworld carries some extras. Be sure you specify standard whip connection though, if that's what you want. They ship the hands free version by default.

max,

Rooster99

Well I just pulled the trigger on the Extreme-q. The main reasons being that I have seen great reviews for it, I can try 4 methods of hitting (bongs, whips, elbows, and bags), heard its more efficient than the SSV, and it looks WAY more noob friendly with the bag options and the fan assisted vapor-shooters (cant wait to get me some of that action!!!). Now I have to play the waiting game, but who knows! With all the cash Im going to hopefully save with my bud purchases Ill be able to get a more 'specialized' vape like the SSV soon enough.

Question: How efficient is the Extreme-q? What is the smallest amount that you can use properly? Are there any accessories that I should order as well? Does anyone know where I could get a 14mm right angle bong attachment for my vape that wont cost a fortune to ship out to Australia?.

EDIT: Gotta thank Max for the link a few posts above - went to the gratefulbuys.com link and got it for $249 with free international shipping (WOO!) and a free space case :brow:. Totally cool!

Rooster99,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Rooster99 said:
...heard its more efficient than the SSV...
not sure where you heard that one, but I've only ever heard the opposite.

still, its a good vape, and yeah it will let you try multiple delivery methods. I'm just strong believer in the phrase ''jack of all trades - ace of none.'' personally. :2c:

steiner666,
Top Bottom