Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

RushVaporTrails

I will be posting pics and a more thorough review soon but wanted to chime in and say my new LB Blend is indeed a vaping superstar. Having tried earlier versions of the LB, this latest incarnation has refined the experience to a new level. I love the ability to sit at my leisure with no time clicking down, with no unwanted heat cooking my material when I am not taking a hit.

Since I am not interested in the LB Elite, I am wondering if my collection of vapes is complete with the Blend.

I suppose @Bravesst or @Alan may come up with something down the road that is just too crazy not to have but I am so satisfied with the Blend.

pics to come....

@P.A.M. , heard you tunneled through your cell block walls and swam through hundreds of yards of raw sewage to make your escape from incarceration and back to "Rockin' in the free world." - good to have you back in the mix, now try and deal with legalization in Canada, you lucky ones in the great white north.

I also need time to get pics and a proper review together. But let me say this. Mike mentioned something about batch 8 being like tiny furniture. Well I sure as fuck dont own any furniture as beautiful as this :rofl::rofl:. It really is at the top level of vapes both in terms of aesthetics, build and performance. I fucking love it.:leaf::leaf::tup::rockon::rockon:

Not to mention you can also order some custom stems from Alan. The cream and the cherry on top! I have 2 and 2 more on the way. I love them as much as my Lil Buds. I think Diggy has a Hi so tubes should match :):evil:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I have a stem from Alan that I use with my Iheat that will work for the LB, though I would not mind more. I got it custom made with a 14mm taper in the mouth end. I would not mind a custom long one or several of his options.
Yeah I'll put a payment down to make w commitment and support further development.

I do have too many Vapes as is lol maybe I'll start getting rid of the lesser used ones. I've got friends and family I'm trying to convert to Vapes.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Got some coils formed, ready to build some Blends, Classics. I'd like to assemble and move some of current fully assembled, and about to be assembled units (units in the sweet deals gallery). I've got some new pics of those units and wound up redoing the sweet deals gallery with individualized pricing. I'm still giving free shipping on all domestic orders for sweet deals.

Check out the new images. I wound up assigning new reference numbers as well. `
>>DEALS

Bravesst,
Reactions: P.A.M.

DarkHaze

@Bravesst Just curious if there is any rough estimates on when the last of batch 8 will be shipped?

Also, i had to mention how amazing some of those blends look :love:

DarkHaze,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@DarkHaze Last of batch 8, 2 repairs, some mouthpieces, will ship this week.

As you all know, I'm working on the Elite, trying to get past a few challenges to a functional unit. At this point, I'm sending some parts to Alan for an assist. This gives me time to pull back, and build some ass kicking Classic and Blend inventory.

Listed in the Sweet Deals Gallery at $175 (regularly $219) / $200 with Walnut mouthpiece
Free domestic shipping. Fully assembled, ships this week.

20181021-103828.jpg

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@P.A.M. thanks for the pics of the screens. Visuals always help.

After much experimenting I've come to love the stamped OG screens that came with the LB. I have realized however that I've been tamping the load too much in the short roasting tube. For the grind I use, and the way it's cured when I tamped hard I had combustion issues, but when I backed off the tamping I got exactly the session I wanted.

EDIT: And I just got notice from the P.O. that my glass-lined roasting tubes arrive this afternoon. Wonder what kind of tamp those will need?

Helper

Howdy @Bravesst , I was wondering if you got around to shipping my missing batch 7 mouth piece or its going out this week, I only ask because you said it should've been going out three weeks ago or so and I'm a little worried

Helper,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Helper There is a package with your name on it with an extra stem to make up for the wait, set to ship this week.

@beyond6strings Yes, months of research, @Alan's basket screen is the overall winner. I love it with the half inch hole bored into the 12 mm hole to create a shelf / stop for the screen.

@P.A.M. so great to have you back!

Funny how we all have different styles. I cannot get a good session with the glass inserts. To me it just makes everything feel kinda restricted. I like the wide open 12 mm opening.

Parts arrived, and I will be focusing on building some battery gauges so I can finalize batch 8, and get to the post office this week. I want to start assembling some inventory of Blends, Walnut, Cherry for the holidays, but before I do that, I'd like to move some of my sweet deals.

Batch 9 Blanks
20180930-173557.jpg

All units will be built to the specs below for the best possible self regulated performance, taste, and efficiency

The Optimization of Lil' Bud
20180926-082047.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Yes, the Elite is driving a lot of progress that the Classic is benefiting from, both functionally and cosmetically. I am looking into purchasing a CNC router, which will be capable of doing lots of fine work, making integrating the DNA chip easier, but its uses will spill over I'm sure. I've always wanted to scribe my spiral logo on the side of the unit, this may actually allow that to happen - but no promises until I get my hands on one and know I can use it.

@P.A.M. I cheated and enlarged the screen...

EDIT:
I was late for work this morning and left my flower drying under a 60 watt bulb at about 6 inches. It sat there from 8 AM to 3 PM. When I broke it up by hand (crumbled), it broke apart fairly easily, but still took a little work to get all the clumps out. The weed was cooler at 6 inches than 3 or 4 (what I normally leave it at for about an hour). So, whether it's a perfectly broken in stem, or this long low heat dry out, my herb is splendid, smooth, cool, easy to get many, many hits - the ideal session, with both an old battery (3.5) and new. This truly is self regulation, and I think the dry herb definitely adds to the smoothness.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning boys and girls...
Manually Regulated On Demand Convection is the category I'd put LB Classic in. Unregulated is a misnomer, because I know that I am quite good at regulating my own session.

The Elite will be Automatically Regulated on Demand Convection, and will have a lot to prove to beat the Classic. Either way, we're gonna find out.

The Total Package is back, but at a reduced price. Available in Cherry and Walnut, the Total Package includes everything you need to get started including LB, one matching stem and screens, 2 batts, battery gauge, and stir tool for $239, with an additional $20 savings via a coupon code (TOTALLY).

aoaiwof

Good morning boys and girls...
Manually Regulated On Demand Convection is the category I'd put LB Classic in. Unregulated is a misnomer, because I know that I am quite good at regulating my own session.

The Elite will be Automatically Regulated on Demand Convection, and will have a lot to prove to beat the Classic. Either way, we're gonna find out.

The Total Package is back, but at a reduced price. Available in Cherry and Walnut, the Total Package includes everything you need to get started including LB, one matching stem and screens, 2 batts, battery gauge, and stir tool for $239, with an additional $20 savings via a coupon code (TOTALLY).
Will the Elite allow manual regulation like the Classic? I'm kinda torn between manuals and automatics (maybe we should call it transmission? :D ) at the mo, so a unit that could do both nicely would be sickbeans.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Will the Elite allow manual regulation like the Classic? I'm kinda torn between manuals and automatics (maybe we should call it transmission? :D ) at the mo, so a unit that could do both nicely would be sickbeans.
Great question, and I'm going to throw that one over to @HerbieVonVapster and @Alan, 2 people I know who are using a DNA75c with an iHeat. I'm assuming, if you crank up wattage and temp far enough, it will become manual, but let's wait for the experienced users to chime in.

On the other side of that question - How manually regulated is the Classic, or how much control do you have with just an on / off switch? An LB Classic 3.0, with all the upgrades, has made manually fine tuning every session with the simple and intuitive interaction of breath and switch, even easier. I think many would here would agree. The experience of leaning on LB's heavy duty switch and just pulling your way to a kick ass hit is quite intuitive, and can be accomplished many different ways.

Many pros, a few cons, to both sides. The Classic, dollar for dollar, is probably one of the most powerful, reliable, durable, vapes that will deliver an amazing session time after time. The Elite, at almost twice the price, promises to automate much of the process, and for some this means ensuring their perfect session. Yes, it is very much like a manual vs automatic transmission. Learning to drive a clutch can be a bit of a challenge, but the control you have of the vehicle is outstanding once you master it. Then again, today's 9 speed automatic transmissions are a technical marvel, not even dreamed of when every performance car had four on the floor.

Last edited:

RushVaporTrails

2celvtf.jpg

23w9ser.jpg

2utnj15.jpg

A couple pics of my new LB Blend. This version of the LB takes away a lot of the guess work on the earlier LB batches. A little preheat and a steady draw gets you right to tasty vapor. This version also seems more forgiving on batteries and screens and of course with the new button, no heat build up on the button.

The new angled holes also seem like an improvement over the old straight holes.

I just received a 4" glass lined roasting tube from @Alan so I will be posting pics of that with a short review of the tube matched with the blend. Early results scream thumbs up!!!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Exquisite pics... I've been working hard to make every Lil' Bud that leaves here look just like that. The recent level of quality achieved has been discussed at length, but now it's just part of what LB is, no going back.

The Elite project is moving forward, as I work on my manually regulated stock. I was just going back over the thread and read a post by @RushVaporTrails about how you can lean on the button, not pull, let the heat build a bit, and never worry about combustion unless you pull the heat up to the flower. In the current configuration, this window of button leaning and pulling is pretty big. It's the breath that has all the control, while the button is held. Sure, you can release the trigger as a way of killing the heat, but the pull is what controls the session, sweet flavor or combustion.

HerbieVonVapster

Great question, and I'm going to throw that one over to @HerbieVonVapster and @Alan, 2 people I know who are using a DNA75c with an iHeat. I'm assuming, if you crank up wattage and temp far enough, it will become manual, but let's wait for the experienced users to chime in.

You can set up to 8 profiles with the DNA software. So you can set up profiles to run in wattage mode. Set it at the same wattage as the lil bud it will respond the same way with using breath and button for control. You can set wattage lower or higher to suit your personal taste and draw style. Also affects how long you can ride the fire button.

The DNAc has a feature that in wattage mode you can set a maxs temperature cutoff. This allow easier use thru water or for heavy rippers. It's also a nice safety feature. I have mine at 445 so it cuts off power before it combust. Lots of different options on how to use wattage mode with the DNAc.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Answered a great question on the Elite thread. Like most modern computer boards, the fire button is near the top vs the low button placement on Lil' Bud. This opens LB up to using just about any finger on either hand to engage the switch - very cool feature. I find myself doing just that, from palming to pinching, LB is pretty versatile that way. The new switch is a pleasure to engage and you never have to worry about failure of any kind. One of the Classic pros.

Another Classic Pro - no extended wait. Orders placed today will be in November's Batch 9. Depending upon how sales go, I will divide my time between building Classics / Blends, and developing the Elite fully functional prototype.

Last edited:

nonbeliever

You can set up to 8 profiles with the DNA software. So you can set up profiles to run in wattage mode. Set it at the same wattage as the lil bud it will respond the same way with using breath and button for control. You can set wattage lower or higher to suit your personal taste and draw style. Also affects how long you can ride the fire button.

The DNAc has a feature that in wattage mode you can set a maxs temperature cutoff. This allow easier use thru water or for heavy rippers. It's also a nice safety feature. I have mine at 445 so it cuts off power before it combust. Lots of different options on how to use wattage mode with the DNAc.

What does a “profile” mean exactly if I can ask? Am I simply able to set wattage/time - is that different from temperature? Can I create a profile that allows the max wattage to change over a session?

HerbieVonVapster

What does a “profile” mean exactly if I can ask? Am I simply able to set wattage/time - is that different from temperature? Can I create a profile that allows the max wattage to change over a session?

Can change the setting shown in the example below. It help give you am ideal on some of the changeable item in each profile. This one is a wattage setting. Using a different coil material gives additional settings not shown here.
index.php

Last edited:
I've been having some amazing sessions with my LB Blend this week. I'm hoping tomorrow is a sunny day for photo taking. It is so smooth, tasty and the clouds are huge. It seems tamer than my batch 7 unit. The craftsmanship is out of this world. Last night I was alternating between a Splinter Z and LB Blend. In terms of clouds they are pretty evenly matched. I think LB Blend wins on smoothness and aesthetics.

Top Bottom