Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Cold morning on Long Island. Sitting here, at the computer, Reddy on my lap fast asleep. I'm taking a few lil' sips on LB. As progress on the Elite continues, and I wait for @Alan to take a look, I want to assemble some more LB 3.0's. Here's my dilemma...

The units in the Sweet Deals gallery that get m0st attention are the fully assembled units, as they've been selling off lil' by lil'. The pre-assembled units are all 45 minutes from full assembly, but do not get much interest.

In an effort to not waste effort, which sweet deals would you like to see fully assembled and listed in the Sweet Deals gallery? If you can, please take a peek and help me out, it would be much appreciated.

>> SWEET DEALS

Anyone who helps me out with this will be PM'd a coupon code worth $10, redeemable site wide, and I'll also apply it to any unit in the sweet deals gallery.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
125 is delicious. Love that beaded Walnut so much. I think that's what you mean? I did notice there's not a lot of cherry in the gallery. I want one so bad, just have to make sure my finances are in order before I commit.

It makes sense the fully built ones are more attractive and appealing to customers, just look at them.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I like the 127 and 125 and 120 too (walnut lover here). Fully assembled PH and maple is sure very elegant and it is tempting, still walnut would probably be my choice. Personally i am not very attracted by the 3 or more wood species in one single LB

Little question, is a stem included in sweet deal packages or are they bare bones unit?

Vas still under control but freaking pushing hard

Edit: 126 also gorgeous

Last edited:

nonbeliever

Looking through the gallery and they all look awesome. No ugly ducklings in that gallery. If you have time I would consider assembling them all. Maybe with a weekly shipping time? Probably too time consuming.

Or even reshoot photos with roasting tubes on so folks can see what the unit could look like when they receive (roasting tube purchased separately). Don’t worry about preassembled or not, you’ll finish them before they ship.

HerbieVonVapster

The units in the Sweet Deals gallery that get m0st attention are the fully assembled units, as they've been selling off lil' by lil'. The pre-assembled units are all 45 minutes from full assembly, but do not get much interest.

In an effort to not waste effort, which sweet deals would you like to see fully assembled and listed in the Sweet Deals gallery? If you can, please take a peek and help me out, it would be much appreciated.

I think you should still offer the custom builds but maybe focus more on offer finished ones like the Uniq deals.

Most people like to see what there buying. Even more with a handcrafted wood item. By having a pictures of the actual unit the customer will receive, they know exactly what there buying.

Might be easier for shipping.You can take the picture of unit toss into a numbered box to await shipping label and extra's like stem etc if needed. I remember in the past you saying that you don't enjoy that aspect of shipping. Having units numbered and boxed ready for labeling seems and easier route.

Maybe do something like fun like list the new ones Thursday or Friday with a Sunday cutoff for a Monday mail drop off?
IDK Seems you are getting to point you can keep a stock in hand. I rather see you to use your creative abilities and design the piece according to whats feels and looks right to you. Than see you design around a set of predesign wood and layouts. Lots of differance between batch of wood with grain and colors. Work your magic post them pics they will sell :)

SpudBob

Are glass tubes an option for this vape?
I believe any 19/22 will work. My RBT glass stems do! Another option is to have Alan make you a glass lined wood one!!! Best of ALL worlds!!! Ive got a native wood one on the way with a reduced 10mm diameter which I believe is the sweet spot. Adds a bit more resistance than the standard bore which is about 12ish mm.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I believe any 19/22 will work. My RBT glass stems do! Another option is to have Alan make you a glass lined wood one!!! Best of ALL worlds!!! Ive got a native wood one on the way with a reduced 10mm diameter which I believe is the sweet spot. Adds a bit more resistance than the standard bore which is about 12ish mm.

I just got two of those, 4" long, and they are fabulous. Plus you get to harvest reclaim, and that's one of my favorite things to do on a Sunday.

DirtyD

So I messed around and tried my Blackwood carbless nonavong stem inserted into glass 18 -14 adapter as my mp set up. Nonavong sits deeper into adapter than my glass 14mm mp I've been using, this makes screen sit further down the glass adapter thus making the bowl area a little over 1/8 inch deep.Also added mp part of omni condenser into mp end, wow this stem set up is awesome. Best of both worlds, wood and glass. At this point why not a ti mp? Makes a 3 hit ( or so) bowl. Makes my bowl size less than half of what I had with previous glass- glass set up. Perfect for quick mid day slam or when running out of material. When i get some money together I'm getting another LB. Need one for home one for travel. Loving my LB and it's frankenvape friendliness. Peace, and most of all Cheers! D.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
#128 (a & b shots), listed fully assembled in the Sweet Deals Gallery for $175. This 2-face unit features Purple Heart, Cherry, and two very different Maples. Right now, Blends go for $209, so that's a $40 savings over a stock Blend, plus it's built and ready to ship. All prices listed are for units only, mouthpiece, batteries, shipping additional.

20181026-151142.jpg

20181026-151238.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Batch 8 has sailed 100%. Repairs are all caught up. Batch 9, which will ship in November will be a small batch of under 10, I've been building them as they come in. I'm pretty much all caught up except for the Elite, with a projected November / December release. Alan and I are working on final design changes.

Everybody loves the #130s in the Sweet Deals Gallery, the Black & Tan with the shorter coil to stem distance. It's being offered at $150 because it will take some taming. I am slowly but surely going to assemble the rest of those units, all with the 10 mm coil to stem distance. Once pre-assembled units go to full assembly, the price jumps a bit, as demand goes up.

HerbieVonVapster

Everybody loves the #130s in the Sweet Deals Gallery, the Black & Tan with the shorter coil to stem distance. It's being offered at $150 because it will take some taming. I am slowly but surely going to assemble the rest of those units, all with the 10 mm coil to stem distance. Once pre-assembled units go to full assembly, the price jumps a bit, as demand goes up.

Having some discussions on another thread and I was wonder you thoughts on how a shorter 19/19 stems would effect the lil buds performance?

I also wonder if the extra distance from the heater the 19/19 stem offers, would help off set and tame these shorter coil lil buds?

Personally with lil bud I find a 19/19 stems run too cold. Maybe it would be better experience on the shorter coil Lil buds?

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@HerbieVonVapster
The 19/19 is an easy conversion with wooden stems. I modified a couple of stems, was using them in the units with short coil to stem distances. The half inch recess bored into the tip accomplishes the same thing, and I've been doing that as well. Both allow the herb to sit about 2 mm's deeper, and away from the heat. They work well in every LB I've tried them in. LB's may vary from lot to lot about a mm, but no more.

I've got a cold of some kind, going around here on LI and in the city. As a result my lungs got real sensitive. I was adding hemp, using the half inch bore I mentioned in the last paragraph, but just because you asked, I put down my tea, went out into the shop for a minute and sanded 2 or 3 mm's off an old stem. Cooler, but still plenty hot. Clean screen, no hemp, wide open. I'm being careful, don't want to irritate, but 3 mm's made a difference, a bit cooler, airier, allowing me to vape more than one hit for the first time today. Nice. I bet the ABV winds up a bit lighter. I did load almost to the tip, so it's not that different than a longer stem, with the load deeper.

Actually quite tasty and enjoyable. I think that as long as the load is out of the *hot zone*, maybe 8 or 9 mm's, there is not a huge reduction of heat transfer with a mm or two. What I'm impressed with is the bit of extra control I seem to be getting.

Last edited:
Bravesst,
Reactions: P.A.M.

HerbieVonVapster

Thanks Mike I didn't mean cause you extra work. Hopefully the cold is short lived.

Someone had asked about using the shorter stems with the lil bud. After trying it I felt it was around 20-30 degrees difference. Didn't want steer them wrong so figured best course is to ask your thoughts. Was concerned that 3mm could negatively affect the experience for them.

I wasn't able reach the higher temps I use. It might be a good daytime stem for me when looking for lower temp hits.. Feel if you enjoy vaping in 400 or under range it works really well. If enjoy closer to combustion not as much. Since most don't vape at high temperatures maybe moot point.

It might even make the lil bud more newbie friendly since hard to build up enough heat to combust using it.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I wasn't able reach the higher temps I use. It might be a good daytime stem for me when looking for lower temp hits.. Feel if you enjoy vaping in 400 or under range it works really well. If enjoy closer to combustion not as much. Since most don't vape at high temperatures maybe moot point.

It might even make the lil bud more newbie friendly since hard to build up enough heat to combust using it.

What Batch is your LB @HerbieVonVapster ?

Do you generally roast darker then this with other vapes ? That's pretty dark ...
IMG-2894.jpg

It is the weed that binds us !

Vape On!

I'd say try slowing down your draw, like realll slowww but I know you are an experience vaper.

I notice sometimes if not enough herb in bowl it might roast abit less. That and cold Canadian weather, I could probably tame a "hard to time" LB . I too find LB could be a tad more hot but at what expense? Wouldn't want to char a load too quickly either a la vapcap. It's a fine line to perfection . LB Classic does seem like it's set for a perfect "general" average user standard . Then again, I look back at my pic and really ain't much left in that abv if any!

being manual (unregulated), I suppose it be neatl if they came in Speeds , pick your gear :lol:. . That become quite a task though amd Maybe abit hard and tricky for folks to choose either having or not tried an LB before . I love my LB

Maybe your stuck in a rut , if that's the right expression lol . Sometimes I wonder why LB ain't performing but its me drawing too fast or being in a hurry or not enough herb or outdoor temperature shift or windy, etc . In my case I believe it's more a unregulated vape facing natural outdoors elements . Try a different kind of screen maybe or adding a few grinds to the load. My first LB (Batch 2 ) was abit cooler then my last LB ..perhaps you have an early unit ?

Last edited:
P.A.M.,

nonbeliever

Having some discussions on another thread and I was wonder you thoughts on how a shorter 19/19 stems would effect the lil buds performance?

I also wonder if the extra distance from the heater the 19/19 stem offers, would help off set and tame these shorter coil lil buds?

Personally with lil bud I find a 19/19 stems run too cold. Maybe it would be better experience on the shorter coil Lil buds?

Can someone give us new to this world a place to have things like 19/19 interpreted so Folks like me might have a clue what the heck you are talking about I presume it is some length and/or width parameter?

nonbeliever,
Reactions: P.A.M.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Can someone give us new to this world a place to have things like 19/19 interpreted so Folks like me might have a clue what the heck you are talking about I presume it is some length and/or width parameter?
I agree and I like when someone challenges something i wonder too , I usually clue in at that point. Like the C1 / R2 (column and row) thing one time .

Mike mention cutting it 3mm , I believe it starts at 19/22 cut it down 3mm = 19/19.

19: diametre
22: length of joint

Yay or nay?

Last edited:
P.A.M.,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Over the last year, LB has *warmed up* a bit, mostly due to a tighter coil, and foil lined oven. It was the reason for me playing nailing down the distances from coil to stem - and a 19/19 stem will also help with that. What I like about the shorter stem vs loading deep, is the ABV seems less gummy, easier to keep clean. If I can dry out to the screen, it's so easy to keep clean, and maintain the balance. My ABV is definitely dark, but that is because I stir a couple of times to fully extract.

Distance makes LB more user friendly for newbies, and that same level of heat will still be available. It just sits a couple of mm's away, ready to be pulled up. Makes it a bit easier to control with the breath.

Woke up sicker. Damn, not gonna get much done today. My goal is to final assemble a few more units and move them via the Sweet Deals gallery. Assembly is an inside, sitting down job, so mostly likely I can get a couple done and posted.

SpudBob

I really believe that stem I.D. is the answer. I have the native LB stem, about 12ishmm and an Alans glass lined one that is about 8mm. If I use the 8mm piece I can get a lot closer to combustion a lot faster -too fast actually. With the stock one I find i have to slow down the draw a lot to get the same result. If I take out the glass liner the Alans piece is 10mm. At 10mm I can draw at a slow steady rate and get better results easier.Less guess work for me anyway. Has a similar effect as adding a hemp filter to slow things down a bit. I know some, like you Mike, do it for cooling/smoothness too but it has another affect. I have an new piece coming from Alan that is 3.5 ish inches, no glass and 10mm straight through.I negated the glass because of break issues with my first one. I think this is the sweet spot IMHO!

Last edited:

DirtyD

Once the I d becomes smaller ( not by too much) on the tube, easier to achieve bigger hits i.e. control over breath technique becomes easier/ quicker. Just my opinion, but when I've reduced I d in my roasting tube I get a more responsive experience! Gonna order a cherry stem from Alan with a reduced I d , cuz I'd rather use all wood. I have an early model, pre foil lined heater and this thing hits like a beast. Reducing my diameter in my roasting tube will only lead to more face melting. Peace and cheers! . Loving this thing more and more. D.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Once the I d becomes smaller ( not by too much) on the tube, easier to achieve bigger hits i.e. control over breath technique becomes easier/ quicker. Just my opinion, but when I've reduced I d in my roasting tube I get a more responsive experience! Gonna order a cherry stem from Alan with a reduced I d , cuz I'd rather use all wood. I have an early model, pre foil lined heater and this thing hits like a beast. Reducing my diameter in my roasting tube will only lead to more face melting. Peace and cheers! . Loving this thing more and more. D.

I've been experimenting going back and forth between my 2.5" OG stem with a 12mm ID with my 4" long glass-lined tube with a <8mm ID. I end up getting more of a sipping session with the long stem narrow ID and a Homer Simpsonesque drooling thick vapor session with the short stem wider ID. I absolutely get the biggest, thickest, tastiest roasty flavored hits with the short stem.

I love both. Coz some times I want to sip and sometimes I want to chug.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
My lungs hurt, this chest / sinus cold is kinda crushing me. I've been asleep half the day. I did vape once, used an Alan glass tube insert, added a drop of hemp. It was a nice sipping session, probably one of the coolest sessions I've had, but right now everything irritates me. It's hard for me to even think about monster hit right now :bang:, and I need one bad! Little baby sips will have to get me through the night. Thanks all!

There has been a price adjustment for November, just about across the board.
  • Cherry: $179
  • Figured Walnut: $189
  • Blend: $199
  • Total Package Cherry: $229 (great starter kit for someone new to LB, includes stem $25, batts $20, gauge $30) - you save $25, also available in FW and Blended
Batch 9 is full, we are working on batch 10. And don't forget the Sweet Deals gallery, with Uniq units starting at $150.

Top Bottom