Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Computer issues today. Something as simple as a charging jack has shut my access to my orders down. New charger arrives tomorrow, hopefully that'll fix it. I'll be back on track tomorrow.

Not one to stay idle, I focused on batch 7 upgrades.

I've got it down to 3 switches, raised (left) completely flushed (right), flush but round (middle). On pure feel / look flush rounded is the winner. Just went to order some more flush round, might be the hardest to get. Either way, flat, or flat round, they're both sweet.

8yt7rjI.jpg

The middle and right look the best to my eye, and look like they'd be the most ergonomic as well. I'm really liking how you're softening the LB's edges and contours. It's sweet.

Computer troubles suck dead donkey dicks. There's just nothing worse. Except maybe for slicing your fingertip. You've sacrificed for batch 6-no question.

beyond6strings,

HerbieVonVapster

Must be something on my end then. Not just yours missing a lot of pics on forum today. Got first ever box mod today so little over medicated. Looking forward to adding another members work to the collection.

HerbieVonVapster,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
The unit on the left is readily available just about everywhere. The middle one I've found two sellers, and shipping just changed from 2 days to a month or more. I'm learning that the global electronics world is ever changing, have to change with it sometimes. Thank God that's about the only *dependency* the LB has. The terminals are unique, but pretty available, the rest is kinda just nuts and bolts stuff.

Slickwilly

@Bravesst I am really enjoying how your attention to detail never stops :clap:

Middle button is choice :rockon:

By any chance you get the purple heart yet for batch 7? :cool:

Something is up with imgur?

Last edited:
Slickwilly,
Reactions: Bravesst

HerbieVonVapster

Imgur is being a jerk the past few days. Temporary fix:
If you hit reply to a post with an image in it, you will be able to see the image. Just make sure not to actually reply (unless you want to!)

Thanks that worked.

I also like the middle button most. Some reason didn't like the look of the raised one on left that sticks out.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Jill NYC
Thanks for the imgur fix!

@Slickwilly
Purple heart has been cut to rough dimension, beautiful stuff, pics coming soon

LB 2.0 is here...
  • Tighter, slightly smaller diameter coil concentrates heat where it needs to be (incl batch 6)
  • Modified coil compartment, slightly larger, with a groove for outer coil post (incl batch 6)
  • New back plate without slot / and internal safety tab (included batch 6)
  • Rounder edges all around (included batch 6)
  • Stainless steel foil lining for the coil compartment reflects heat back into the coil
  • New 16 mm, 3 amp switch (vs 12mm, 2 amp) will stand up to even the toughest use
I've built 3 prototypes with the new features and I am very happy with the results. I am happy to say that I will include all 6 upgrades into batch 7 while keeping prices the same, due to some innovative process upgrades.

No reason not to improve. We'll look back at this a year from now and see it as a natural progression that just had to happen. Every time I make a bunch of improvements, I think, this is it, but it never is. Lil' Bud is a really sound bed rock to work from, and these changes are built on impeccable design, quality workmanship, and true passion.

Last edited:

CaptVapor

Oh man, now I want the batch 7 upgrades! But I feel like this will just keep happening, by the time batch 7 ships there are gonna be batch 8 upgrades :)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@SpudBob

And I hope you enjoy it. Not much to break here. I admit, I've had a few issues, and it was the switch every time, but I'm in the process of upgrading the switch to a 3 amp version so that issue should virtually disappear. And anyone whose switch fails (unit gets hot or cold suddenly), I'll replace it with the new switch at no charge, no questions asked, as long as I'm around. I guess the way it's working out is, if it's my fault, I will fix it free, at least as long as I exist as a vape builder. If it's your fault, I will still fix it, but for a fee. That applies to anyone.

I replaced a unit that was second hand and the user actually took it apart himself - because he was curious. I'm a sucker for a story, but trying to get more business-like. The main reason I don't give a lifetime warranty is that Vapwood is just me, if I can't build for any reason, the warranty is worthless.

@CaptVapor
I get what you're saying, every batch has upgrades. However, your unit is gorgeous and hits like a train. It is all set to ship tomorrow, and most importantly, it has my new coil forming skills applied. That is probably LB's biggest improvement, and it all started when I went to see @Alan and realized what was possible. I guess I could keep my progress quiet, but really I enjoy sharing the progression as it happens, not as a part of a grand marketing scheme. When I discover something new, I post it.

For example, LB will change a hair cosmetically as well. As I've been building the last six batches, I think I'd like to make all four corners the same radius, as well as bump up the thickness and width by .5mm to accommodate the new switch. There has been a half mm change here and there from the beginning, so it will be virtually unnoticeable. Four similarly rounded corners (front and back) should give it an even more ergonomic feel.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

And I hope you enjoy it. Thing about LB, not much to break. I admit, I've had a few issues, and it was the switch every time, but I'm in the process of upgrading the switch to a 3 amp version so that issue should virtually disappear. And anyone whose switch fails (unit gets hot or cold suddenly), I'll replace it with the new switch at no charge, no questions asked, as long as I'm around. I guess the way it's working out is, if it's my fault, I will fix it free, at least as long as I exist as a vape builder. If it's your fault, I will still fix it, but for a fee. That applies to anyone.

I replaced a unit that was second hand and the user actually took it apart himself - because he was curious. I'm a sucker for a story, but trying to get more business-like. The main reason I don't give a lifetime warranty is that Vapwood is just me, if I can't build for any reason, the warranty is worthless.

Sounds more than fair. One of the reason I went with the lil bud over another milanna is due to being almost unbreakable. I love my Milaana's but currently one is waiting on glass repair. Other one has also been sent back in the past for glass repair.

My fault they broke but at $40.00 bucks a repair plus shipping along with downtime can get pricy and annoying. Really not many things can go wrong with the lil bud and not having glass to worry about for me is a big plus.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
When it comes to LB at this point in the build process, the only thing I don't have complete control over is the switch (hence the new 3 amp switch, an over-kill in a way, but one that should prevent issues, as I'm shooting for Maytag repair man status). For the first few batches, I did my best to produce the highest quality product possible. Here we are 70 LB's later, I think I've slowly but surely identified just what needed to be done, replaced, improved, or just left as is. My woodworking skills, soldering skills, coil forming skills, as well as my efficiency of process, allowing me to spend time on things that take time, and buzz through routine processes in very little time, have gone way up.

It is the customer's option to not buy because of a warranty, but those who've bought from me here, or just follow this thread, know I stand behind my Lil' Bud 100%.

Zow237

After some use, ive found that the roasting stem just feeds me super hot vapor. I put an 18 to 14 reducer in with a basket screen and connected my 14mm glass ud stem. after i did this i got such great clouds with out the harsh vapor with the roasting tube. I feel though that lil b is quite slow at extracting. Even when holding the button down for 10-15 seconds. @Bravesst am i able to get some magnets? have to fix my battery casing

Last edited:
Zow237,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
After some use, ive found that the roasting stem just feeds me super hot vapor. I put an 18 to 14 reducer in with a basket screen and connected my 14mm glass ud stem. after i did this i got such great clouds with out the harsh vapor with the roasting tube. I feel though that lil b is quite slow at extracting. Even when holding the button down for 10-15 seconds. @Bravesst am i able to get some magnets? have to fix my battery casing
I am not sure which batch you are, but if the unit is slow extracting, it needs repair. I'll take care of the magnet issue as well. I PM'ed you my address.

Bravesst,
Reactions: Zow237

Slickwilly

Is this the same LB in classifieds for sale? :hmm:

I was 1/2 tempted to make you an offer.

Be wise to keep it I think :D

Zow237

Im pretty sure its batch 3. but i got it 2nd hand off of reddit.
Is this the same LB in classifieds for sale? :hmm:

I was 1/2 tempted to make you an offer.

Be wise to keep it I think :D

Yeah going to take it down till it gets fixed atleast

Zow237,
Top Bottom