Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

DarkRoast

I know there has been lots of tension around here - but can anyone speak to the evenness of extraction vs. other similar on-demand vaporizers? Just wondering if it's better than the Mi mainly, in terms of even extraction.

Thanks!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Okay, just ordered some very cool Purple Heart. I can get this in larger quantities if it sells, but for now I picked up a very small quantity. It's already listed on the website. There has been a slight price adjustment for the specialty woods.
F4XI4wT.jpg

Zabou

Okay, just ordered some very cool Purple Heart. I can get this in larger quantities if it sells, but for now I picked up a very small quantity. It's already listed on the website. There has been a slight price adjustment for the specialty woods.
F4XI4wT.jpg

That purple heart is gonna look awesome as a switch box in contrast to a lighter color wood !
Meanwhile i really enjoy those new holders reviews !! If u guys feel excited already, wait to see what LB has to offer after a month of usage !! It will blow your mind !
Cheers !

DirtyD

Stirring between hits used to be a drag - in my mind- but it's kinda fun with this vape. Amazing "ritual type " vape. Also if you stir every 2 to 3 hits or so it big time Amps up cloud/vapor production. The tamper/ safety pin tool is the shit. Sleeper hit of the summer. ..... Cheers to all, D.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Stirring between hits used to be a drag - in my mind- but it's kinda fun with this vape. Amazing "ritual type " vape. Also if you stir every 2 to 3 hits or so it big time Amps up cloud/vapor production. The tamper/ safety pin tool is the shit. Sleeper hit of the summer. ..... Cheers to all, D.

You know you're right. I don't stir in my other vapes, but with the LB it's part of the ritual, and it does aid in getting full extraction. And the pick tool/tamper is perfect. I use it constantly. And if you fill it right there's no mess.

The LB, a wooden fidget spinner that gets you high. Not a thing wrong with that.

DirtyD

The more time I spend with this unique vape the more I'm impressed with the awesomeness. I swear i would have never ever thought wood as a material to make a great vaporizer. Well Mike did it. The closest thing to having an on demand, efficient, effective vape but with organic " vape like a treasured tobacco pipe" vibe to it. Think bad ass you control wooden pipe (mines all cherry, baby) that will age gracefully in time,. Closest thing to the pleasant ritual of smoking a good Briar tobacco pipe. But vaping .no tobacco ,der. Cheers! D.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Fidget spinner to briar tobacco pipe lol you guys get it ! You get the awesomeness of the LB. You are both right , it is a great vaping experience which gets even greater when fully acquainted with your Lil'Bud. it works like a joint , pipe or even a bong would in my combusting days . You don't sit there wondering if you're high like some other vapes , you wonder , HOW you got that High !

I haven't talked much about my New LB , it hits like a freight train. it's like Mike unleashed the beast for me on that one ! My oh my ! I love it ! I had to adjust my technique abit in part to the Instant Heat it provides. the upgrades have really benefited the LB . The perfect spiral shaped coil we have seen lately in combination with air Intake holes diametre changes have really "unleashed the beast" . Practically no warm up time and fast heat/vapor build up make for shorter draws and more battery life! i was already happy with battery life of my first LB, I get even more now from this guy!

The rounded off edges as seen below at top and bottom of the LB really add to the handcrafted beauty of the LB. the newer unit is even tighter , smoother , cleaner built then my first , that's impressive considering the first was already the mark of a master craftsman. all as been "refined" . Its testimony of how Mike values & cares to improve his skills and products from one build to another rather then sit idle on a certain design or idea .

Over all , I like both my LB's , they are very similar in performance and experience. I'd say the batch 4/5 is perhaps a little more responsive and powerful then my batch 2 unit. They both achieve the same great results and satisfaction in the end. Thank you @Bravesst , definitely is a Summer & 2018 hit !

Battery gauge video still coming soon !

oStddWU.jpg

QPZ3Y3w.jpg

Zabou

The more time I spend with this unique vape the more I'm impressed with the awesomeness. I swear i would have never ever thought wood as a material to make a great vaporizer. Well Mike did it. The closest thing to having an on demand, efficient, effective vape but with organic " vape like a treasured tobacco pipe" vibe to it. Think bad ass you control wooden pipe (mines all cherry, baby) that will age gracefully in time,. Closest thing to the pleasant ritual of smoking a good Briar tobacco pipe. But vaping .no tobacco ,der. Cheers! D.

Couldn't agree more with that. :clap:Esspecially that sweet wooden stem. At the beggining i was thinking to buy a glass stem... now i have ordered a couple of those precious little fellas just in case.. Next step is to try and create an olive stem with my little lathe. Oh, its gonna be funny :science::science:

RushVaporTrails

You don't sit there wondering if you're high like some other vapes , you wonder , HOW you got that High !

These are some serious claims my friend.

Let me just say that when my Batch 6 arrives, which it hopefully will soon, I will have to spend a significant amount of time examining this claim.

Could be a burdensome ordeal, but I think I am up for the challenge.

:lol:

Vapster707

F4XI4wT.jpg

So I've been watching this thread and I'm on tha wait list for a timber and I so hope you have this purple heart available ...

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm offering some promo codes to FC members for the month of June.
Save $10 on specialty woods: FCEXOTICS (does not apply to down payment option)
Save $5 on cherry / walnut: FCSAVE5 (does not apply to down payment)

If you have any problems with the codes, please let me know.

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
tuna gold rush - Golden abv as such really does show the beauty and efficiency of vaporizing the herb! Well of the Lil' Bud too at that!!!
I don't always roast to the edge like yesterday's abv, but it's always nice to be able to! This is more my style of roast right here , done with a freshly charged cell ! #thepowerisinyourhands

KL6J5fD.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
ABV is an interesting subject. I know some want an almost golden tint, others want dark brown to black. Personally, I want good tasting vapor, and don't really care so much about ABV quality, other than what it tells you about the vaping process.

Funny thing with LB, you can rip through a stem in a few monster hits, or sip away for quite a long time. When sipping (my usual preference), the taste is at a premium, temps never get too high, and if I load / tamp just right, stirring is an option, but even without a stir, I can turn that ABV super dark, all at lower temps over a longer time, never really losing taste. If you do a quick stir, however, it comes back to full life, as tasty and powerful as the first hit or two. In this case the ABV should be pretty dark, and I've never lost taste or even come close to charring.

maxymods

ABV is an interesting subject. I know some want an almost golden tint, others want dark brown to black. Personally, I want good tasting vapor, and don't really care so much about ABV quality, other than what it tells you about the vaping process.

Funny thing with LB, you can rip through a stem in a few monster hits, or sip away for quite a long time. When sipping (my usual preference), the taste is at a premium, temps never get too high, and if I load / tamp just right, stirring is an option, but even without a stir, I can turn that ABV super dark, all at lower temps over a longer time, never really losing taste. If you do a quick stir, however, it comes back to life for a hit or two, as tasty as ever. In this case the ABV should be pretty dark, and I've never lost taste or even come close to charring.
any eta on batch 6? very excited!

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
ABV is an interesting topic, and I think that much as each device has its own vapor signature, there is also an ABV signature. That's certainly true of the vaporizers I have.

The thing I love about on-demand un-regulated devices in general is the ability to extract to the level I want. The LB does that. For sure.

And I find the LB allows me to customize for day-time vs. night-time. Long leisurely session over an hour or two, or a quick session before I head out the door. It does both exceedingly well.

Lately I've been working on my draw technique. And it's been a real game changer allowing me to get bigger and tastier clouds of vapor while not riding the button as much. And maybe getting more even extraction.

I hold the button to a count of 5-one thousand while turning the stem. I've timed it and it's closer to 6 seconds at my internal rhythm. Then I release the button while taking a very slow draw at first and gently increase the draw over 8-12 seconds until I'm 'full'. And it's amazing. I don't think I ever credited just how much vapor can be created with the correct draw-I think I was leaving lots of vapor untapped in the past.

And I was unsurprised to find that my battery usage was improved as well.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Time to update you batch 6 people

What's Done:
Bodies built (15 hrs)
Coils formed (5 hrs)
Switch box built (5 hrs)
Pre-assembly (5 hrs)
Hand planed and finish sanded to 600 (final) grit (6 hrs)
Magnets installed (2 hrs)
Vent holes drilled (2 hrs)

What's Left:
Apply beeswax (2 hours)
Build back plates (5 hours)
Final assembly (5 hours)
Final buff up (2 hours)
Build battery gauges for Total Package orders (2 hours)

These are ballpark estimates, and vary widely from batch to batch. And keep in mind, they are the *everything goes right* numbers. And we all know that is not always the case. So the answer to when depends on how much shop time I can get in over the next few days to a week. Also have to pack up and create labels, along with stir tools, safety tabs, and blah, blah, blah.

It doesn't get any more open book than that. Please have patience, and I can hear my mother's voice, as she was always giving me such great advice - Haste makes waste and, patience is a virtue.

Thank you!

Top Bottom