Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

RushVaporTrails

20py1lg.jpg
[/IMG]
20py1lg.jpg

Just got my top hat screens all the way from China. All I need now is my batch 6 Quilted Maple Lil' Bud, which should soon make its journey all the way from Long Island, New York to New Jersey. Ordered the other type screens as well. Thanks @P.A.M. and @beyond6strings for the screen assistance. Can't wait til they need to be cleaned, ya know?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks for the screen links. Is it a problem that the second link says the screens are brass? I ordered the rimmed ones in the first link.

bossman,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
In an effort to make producing Lil' Bud's a smoother, more efficient process, I have to delay the fulfillment of batch 7 until early July (versus late June). During this two week period, I'm going to get control of my inventory. I plan to stock up, while I build coils, battery gauges, pick tools, and safety tabs - all the things I normally do AFTER the wooden bodies of each batch of LB's are built. Once I'm well stocked, and my shop is in order, I can go back to building and assembling units. This will in no way affect batch 6 or anyone who's paid (including a down payment), and in all reality, it will only delay batch 7 by a couple of weeks.

Just to add, if you saw what a wreck both of my shops are, you'd understand this step back for reorganization. In a long run, it'll speed things up.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
In an effort to make producing Lil' Bud's a smoother, more efficient process, I have to delay the fulfillment of batch 7 until early July (versus late June). During this two week period, I'm going to get control of my inventory. I plan to stock up, while I build coils, battery gauges, pick tools, and safety tabs - all the things I normally do AFTER the wooden bodies of each batch of LB's are built. Once I'm well stocked, and my shop is in order, I can go back to building and assembling units. This will in no way affect batch 6 or anyone who's paid (including a down payment), and in all reality, it will only delay batch 7 by a couple of weeks.

Just to add, if you saw what a wreck both of my shops are, you'd understand this step back for reorganization. In a long run, it'll speed things up.

That's such a smart long-term decision. And I can only imagine it will bring the turn-around time for completing batches down some more. Production in batches depends on the kind of organization you're doing. Kudos.

RushVaporTrails

Without sounding like some kind of fanboy, I think if you read thru this entire thread you quickly learn all aspects of this build were well thought out.

The part I like best about @Bravesst is his constant desire to not only improve the process but improve the product as well.

You can easily make a list of great attributes of the Lil' Bud, but right at the top is who is making it.

No overseas factory in mass production with iffy standards and regulations.

Hand made a batch at a time by one guy who is not only the owner but the master craftsman as well...

Can't wait to get mine, just a few short weeks to go...

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
that's kinda like *re-pinching*.... win - win - win

My little *tote bag* is full of 18 Lil' Bud. LB evolved during this batch, that's really why it was held up, or combined. I'm proud of myself, I took my time on every aspect of this build, including a trip to Denver (my vape Mecca) to gain some more insight.

I think performance is at its peak. The last few tweaks have been all about simplifying the many, many processes. My latest epiphany came when I realized the coil isn't actually a round object, but rather kind of oblong, with the outer post pushing out of the circumference. With very little removal of material, in a rather simple manner, I have adapted the coil compartment to more closely match the actual shape, thus creating a bit of clearance for the outer post. This gives me a bit more room to work with when installing coils, one of the most time consuming aspects of the entire assembly process. That'll translate into more Lil' Buds in less time.

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Cant wait to hear new experiences :)

Indeed, always fun to know LB's have shipped to their new homes . Can't wait either , I sense a battery gauge video in the near future :brow:

I hope the post office lady was gentle on you, Mike ! Did you find out what she takes in her coffee ? Lol..

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Thank God I got the best clerk, he was really fast and I was still in there for an hour. The long line that formed was freaking out as they looked at 18 boxes sitting on the counter. Next time I have an order like this, I'm going to break it up, especially with 5 international orders.

Now it's time to get batch six together. I've already have the most of the coils complete for the entire batch

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Just added my name to the Timber waiting-list. And I'm really stoked about that-but patiently stoked.

And it's easy to be patient when you've got the LB to hang out with until that happy day.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Batch 6 is where everything got a little easier - routine even. I feel very confident in every Lil' Bud I put out now, as there aren't many variables. I managed to put together all the coils for batch 6 in a couple of days of not too intense work. My little trick to accommodate the coil's oblong shape has helped, but so has my ability to roll the coil ala @Alan, only way to go. I have a feeling batch 6 is going to make itself. This is the first batch where I'll be using multiple woods.

Quilted Maple
Gnarly Walnut
Cherry
Walnut

I'm excited about the 18 units I sent out yesterday. That's puts it at about 50 units in circulation. The edges are a hair softer, the coils a drop tighter, and vent holes a wee bit larger, but it's the same hard hitting LB.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Just wanted to post a pic of my cherry DD. I built this unit right before my trip to Denver, shipped it there to use as my Denver DD. Alan was nice enough to return it to me, and I've been using every day since. I love how cherry darkens with age.

This is a great batch 4 unit...

YXXnEGy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom