1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Bravesst, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Slickwilly

Slickwilly Excombustor

I think I see mine!:love:

P.A.M. and Bravesst like this.
  2. Bravesst

Bravesst Full Steam Ahead Manufacturer

I'd have to say, you definitely do.

Slickwilly likes this.
  3. Slickwilly

Slickwilly Excombustor

3rd from left I would guess:D

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    DirtyD and beyond6strings like this.
  4. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known Member

I have an old cedar cigar box that I dump all my material into when I get it . If I need it dry in a hurry I crack the slide top of the box and sit it on top of my desk lamp for 30 mins, or so,. Otherwise I just let material sit in there overnight. Dries material perfectly ( for lil bud and vapcaps) and it picks up subtle yet welcome vanilla flavors from the cedar. Sounds weird, try it tho cuz it's easy and pleasant and awesome. Go to the tobacconist and they'll sell you a cigar box for a couple of bucks usually. Make sure you get one made of cedar ,not that particle board stuff. Plus, cigar boxes are neat anyway. Cheers!! D.

5. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

I just visited the Timber section of your site, and I am really looking forward to seeing what you do with that design. The shape intrigues me as I think it would be a bit easier on my hands, not that LB is hard on them, just a little easier.

I've always liked the Arizer Air and Solo look, but don't like plastic or metal vapes, the Timber would fit my eye and feel I'm looking for.

Mulchmaker, Bravesst and Slickwilly like this.
  6. maxymods

maxymods Member

If I order my lil bud today will it be done in he batch on the 31st? And does this mean it would be shipped or started than?? Wondering as the site is confusing me thanks

7. Bravesst

Sorry for the confusion, but yes, batch 6 is still open, and projected ship is May 31, but that is probably gonna shift forward about a week. I'm going to take a look at the site right now and update.

8. maxymods

maxymods Member

Please let me know. I will place order now if I can still get into batch 6. Thanks:)

Bravesst likes this.
  9. Bravesst

@maxymods
    Yes, batch 6 still has a few spots open, and projected ship date is June 4th. The current batch is scheduled to ship next Monday, May 14th. Anyone who purchases today will be in batch 6.

UPDATE BATCH 6 / 3 spots left, anyone on the waiting list want to jump on, now's the time.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  10. Bravesst

Hey Lil' Buds!

So, I think I'm recovered - FINALLY - from testing. I am completely serious when I say, for the first time in a long time, I was too high - well, except in Denver, but that was like being at the Mecca of 21st century vaping and cannabis consumption, with the guru of 21st century vapes. I might be quite high now, but definitely not too high.

I'm at the finish everything stage with batch 4/5. I've learned not to rush this stage (or any stage), because this is real quality control, handling, looking at each LB before he heads out. I'm also out there scoping out supplies of really quality quilted maple. Never realized it was so popular with guitar builders - no wonder. Some sellers are calling black walnut curly, it's the same gnarly stuff I found. Really nice as well. Seems like everybody likes the same stuff.

Happy Thursday!

Megaton, P.A.M., DirtyD and 6 others like this.
  11. ZC

ZC Well-Known Member

Why do only some of the lids have holes in them?

12. Bravesst

All units will be shipped with backplates with the traditional *slot*, the hole looks good, but doesn't perform as well as the slot, which allows a full 1/4 tab to slide through.

ZC and Zabou like this.
  13. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Will stems be available to match the wood (quilted maple, black walnut)? We know we can buy cherry and walnut will other stem woods be available?

14. Lazy Lighting

Lazy Lighting Well-Known Member

Is there a thread for the timber yet? Will it have a bigger heater?

Mulchmaker likes this.
  15. Zabou

Zabou Well-Known Member

Hmmm in my humble opinion the hole just looks good. The slot not only performs better but looks better too !! :D:D:D
    Stay away from our slot @Bravesst ! :goon::goon:

16. P.A.M.

P.A.M. Vapo Rising

:lol:

Bravesst likes this.
  17. Bravesst

Slot is now locked in...

18. Bravesst

@Lazy Lightning
    No Timber thread yet, but it'll have the same exact coil heater as Lil' Bud, as there is no real reason to change it. The plans have been sketched (thank you @Alan). The design is sound, now it's a matter of getting started. It will roughly be about the same thickness as LB, about half as wide, and 6 inches in length.

@Zabou @P.A.M.
    Have no fear gentlemen, the slot is back and it's here to stay. I just picked up another set of diamond files that'll finish it off nicely. I'm also on the lookout for a type of vice / clamping system to hold down small pieces while finishing. I will probably have to invent my own.

Sales have been steady, batch 6 has one spot left.

Putting the finishing touches on batch 4/5. I'm waiting on 2 packages of stems and batteries that should arrive Monday, to satisfy this large double batch. I really don't *stock* batteries, but rather offer them as a convenience. Tubes are created by the master himself (thanks @Alan), and just like LB, crafted by hand. We do the best we can to keep up with this ever increasing demand.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Mulchmaker, Jill NYC, P.A.M. and 6 others like this.
  19. Saulsaul

Saulsaul Member

Just made the payment down option

20. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Still watching in jealousy.. eventually I’ll get back in track!

P.A.M. likes this.
  21. Bravesst

@Saulsaul
    Welcome aboard! You jumped in at a good time.

beyond6strings and Saulsaul like this.
  22. Slickwilly

Slickwilly Excombustor

Bravesst likes this.
  23. Saulsaul

Saulsaul Member

Thanks, i am very excited
    Been planing to buy the lil bud for a long time
    I am 100% sure that i will love it

P.A.M., Bravesst, Slickwilly and 2 others like this.
  24. Bravesst

Happy Mother's Day

Closing in on sending out batch 4/5 - the monster batch.
    Click to play YouTube Video

25. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

New to this thread so sorry if this is covered in pages farther back than I've read so far...

So batch six is full now?

When will the Timber launch? The inline design is partly a safety feature for a battery mishap? Same price or too soon to tell?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors