Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
A vote for North American, sustainable woods, very cool. I'm a huge fan of all 3 I mentioned. I'd try Redwood, never worked with it. Cedar smells. I don't like using wood with pungent odors. I tried some Southern Pine, it was horrible to smell. I love the way cherry smells when you're cutting into it.

So long day. Got home from Manhattan at 3pm, and had to deal with a blocked kitchen sink drain. We all know how that turns out. I try and snake it with no luck. I start taking the pvc apart to get better access, a piece snaps. I run to the store, get the part, get it back together, but the blockage is still there and now there's a minor leak. Where's my Lil' Bud!? okay, it's plumber time.

Anyway, it's video night, even in the horrible mood, but I did it anyway. It took 3 takes, so lots of hits, I was pretty fried by the last few. I love this job.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
@Bravesst very cool to see your journey here.....looking forward to my place on the waiting list. In the meantime, I’ve been enjoying the hell out of the Milaana conversion that we negotiated before you started this venture. Way looking forward to throwing you some support!

EDIT: Speaking of which, got it out after first posting this.....If the L’il Bud matches or exceeds this hybrid, everyone is in for a real treat. @Bravesst we need to come up with a name for this transition piece!

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@mucsusn , I always thought the Annihilator would make a cool vape name !

Awesome video Bravesst, looks very accurate to how you have been describing it to us. Seems very durable , reliable , fun and powerful! Apparently No need of play with black drapes or sunlight to see them vapor clouds either.:cool: A+

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hey Guys,

I assure you Lil' Bud far exceeds anything I've ever done. The video was about instructions. I thought about a back light. You can get little particles of dust to glow white with the right lighting. I decided to go *au natural*.

That was sort of the *overview*. Next will be very specific instructional stuff.

Herb Prep
Screen Placement
Cleaning
Draw speed technique
Switch depression technique

Lil' Bud is what he is. He was designed to be robust, beautiful, reliable, and fun to own.

Today, it's back to batch 2.

FSA

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Mine should be here around 1600 today. I can't wait.

Quick side question. How does one mention a user on this from?

Start with "@" and then write the first few letters of member you are trying to reach, the system should pickup matching member names , select the one desired . It might also work if you you write the members full name yourself @Hollabackatcha

sometimes system is slow to pick it up suggestions

Edit , excited for you on your Lil' Bud and welcome to the forum , @Hollabackatcha !

HindelangGG

So If we are off topic anyways i gonna just need to say how fucking lucky I am :rockon: I am medical cannabis patient from Germany and the supply is cut of for patients since Aug. 2017 because of bad planing and now finally I gonna get some so I can test my beautiful new friend lil bud in let's hope so a week or two:love:

G1000

Flavor savorer
Well ladies and gentlemen, my LIL’ BUD should be arriving by the end of the day today, and the excitement is frankly killing me. I had a dream about my beautiful Lil’ Bud last night and I just know this thing is going to kick ass. For the sake of everyone on this forum you can believe pictures and reviews will be uploaded. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we are making history with this vape, such a pure, pure unit. No plastic, no epoxies, no flavor chambers, no butane, no paint, no GIMMICKS, no NOTHIN’!! Lil Bud is going to rock my EFFING socks and everyone on this forum should be prepared for the high quality vaporizer game to change after Lil Bud’s release:rant::rockon:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@G1000 someone's excited. :clap: Can't wait to hear and see your first impressions.

@Bravesst great video. It's helped me enjoy my Milaana more, and put the Lil' Bud at the top of my birthday wish list this year. Kudos!

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
BEST OF LUCK!!

stock-vector-new-product-stamp-425082544.jpg

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Ahh man , seeing people's excitement makes me want this thing in my hands sooo badly , and it hasn't even landed in people's hands yet!!!

Looking forward to seeing pics of batch 2 which I like to call , walnut batch 1. Your cherry did darken in color as seen In video. Damn, if you find another favourite I don't mind a "second hand" unit , hahah .

Félicitations!! I'll find a way to link your video in the "Fuck la combustion " francophone/international thread!

Vape on ! :clap::rockon:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
@Bravesst ...when you get a minute I'd like to hear how this non-reg., on-demand vape compares to others in that category, particularly in terms of it's propensity for, or avoidance of, combustion.

TIA!

^^^This right here
I'm eager to hear some of the early owners takes.
The video was missing quite a bit, and highlighted pretty common techniques used with most stem based units. Imo

I would have liked some abv shots, how long till you risk combustion or charring, any warm-up needed. Stuff like that.
Need more than two tokes and a "Lil Bud kicks ass!" in future videos.

G1000

Flavor savorer
As promised, and earlier than I expected, here is Lil' Bud. I have yet to use it as I am waiting for some frients to come and christen her!!! However I did take two pictures, and let me tell you guys this thing looks far more beautiful in person. Here she is.
IfvdV

gZU9AlX.jpg

2rQbwkc.jpg

edit: sorry I'm not really sure how to put pictures right into this text box but the images are in the imgur album I posted!!! Will be updating by tonight on performance. I am one happy boy today.

mod note: edited to embed images

Last edited by a moderator:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm sorry I didn't answer every question in the video, but it was put out there as a beginner's guide, not an advanced user's guide.

Have you ever tried to do an instructional video when you hitting away on a vaporizer? I didn't realize how hard it is, until I tried it, especially when you're the prop guy, the camera man, editor.

I'll do other video demonstrations on ABV, which is pretty much as dark as you want it to be. The risk of combustion is from drawing improperly, not just hitting the switch. The proper draw rate will pull the heat from the coil into the stem. You kind of instinctively find a balance that feels like thick, not too hot vapor, in your mouth, throat.

Hitting the switch for a few seconds before drawing allows more heat to build up vs pulling the heat out of the coil as it begins to create heat. Sometimes, I like to let it build a bit before pulling, but once you find the balance, you can depress the trigger for a really long time - as long as your breath is in sync. The unit really won't heat up too much as long as that transfer of heat stays balanced in the herb. Too much pull, or too fast (sometimes too slow is worse) a pull, or too powerful a pull has the potential to combust. You can feather or release the trigger to control this, or adjust your breath - or both. It seems like the risk of combustion is very low, once you get the heat equation. I think part of the reason is really no conduction. Not having a real heat sync to make the unit and stem red hot, the herb is spared the additional conducted heat, so it's easier to stay below combustion, or at least not get stuck too long at a temp that will combust.

I was testing coils today on the witcher box with a 510 connector, measuring resistance, doing a burn off. The way the coil heats up and develops into this haze of red is amazing. Not bright cherry red, but this soft red glow, a very herb friendly high volume heat source.

In the future, we'll do video shorts on each one of the subjects mentioned. Maybe I'll get a narrator, or do some silent / closed caption stuff.

Walnut
nmUhAk3.jpg

Last edited:

mephisto

Thanks for all of your hard work, Mike. Got my Lil Bud today and already enjoyed an after work appetizer. This vape seems much quicker to heat than the other non-regulated convection vapes I have owned/used.
I was running LB with an exhausted battery so I was able to hold the button for a long time and get a feel for the coil response. Once I swapped out to a fresher cell, the LB produced very nice quality vapor. I know volume and production will only get better with a fully charged cell. The wood stem is a good choice for me, it is a cool change from glass stems. The full Cherry unit is beautiful. Great job @Bravesst !

Top Bottom