Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Trickfire

Yo whats up people. I wanted to chime in on the thread, My previous setup was a silver surfer: ground glass--wand----tube----then tubing straight into a slide. (I vape strictly through h20 since I have had this setup). Nothing spectacular as far as pipes go but it worked perfect and turned me strictly to vaporizing through water. Well I decided that I wanted to go to the light saber due to its design to allow for more adequate "vapor-bonging" options. For whatever reason, I do not like to purchase things online AT ALL and in the area I live its an hour+ drive for me to get to a retail store but I still get a choice of a bunch of high qaulity competiive shops with knowledgeable people. So I started to call around and luckily one of the places had just got there first shipment in store (area culturally emerging, which is great) and had every color at msrp $. I drove out, already knowing I was going to buy the unit; but I had also had assumed that the shop had been smart enough to realize that anyone buying one would be using it for water attachments. I thought that even if they had n't ordered the official ones from 7th floor, they would have something I could use in the mean time (attatchment wise), plus they blow glass in store and do specialty orders, therefore I thought one way or the other I could get something to work even temporary, Im Impatient lol. Unfortunately they had nothing that would work and the lady knew her shit about everything except this lol. Well, being as I go out there frequently I just decided to order 2 of the short lsv water pipe adapters one 14", and one 18" through the retail shop. . Well that was 2 months ago..... I have called every 10 days; she said she does not know what happened to them, but Im positive the very next person that bought a light saber from them got mine grrrr. Finally through frustration (partly my own fault too, being stubborn about not just ordering the piece myself). I started making calls because I am the "decide i want it, have to have it right then" guy, I found another local that was real smart, and he had more oil/ concentrate rig equip than I have ever seen! He had probably 10 different similar to these, he said they were for dab equip. So I'm guessing thats what these pieces are made for.....
7c1c11f7b62be37eca57cc9ccc9a920c_zpsf557adc9.jpg

Either way it works perfect as an adapter for right now and I am placing my order for the 7th floor ones asap. This is my first time trying it out through my new swagger beaker bottom.
1ad0918e2eb9b4ea8a1559f8ac429c56_zps9ff9f281.jpg

27f34ed13078edc072e2a49860d39fe7_zpsd3263b27.jpg

Needless to say, Im walking on sunshine

2clicker

Observer
I don't see 180$ for an LSV as overpriced at all? It is worth every penny.

i havent priced them in a while but they were over $200 when they came out.

regardless the hakko setup is $120 and is every bit the vape the LSV is... maybe better

2clicker,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
i havent priced them in a while but they were over $200 when they came out.

regardless the hakko setup is $120 and is every bit the vape the LSV is... maybe better

Can you tell us how the Hakko setup may be superior? Does the Hakko have the aluminum housing to keep the glass and element safe while also keeping your hands from being burnt? Does the Hakko offer a range of temperatures? How much modification has to be made to the Hakko unit? Are the mods simple to perform? No matter what, do the Hakko and mods always cost $120 for everyone or is there some deviation in price from person to person? Does the Hakko come with a WPA, transfer wand, storage bag, glass marble stirring pick, or screens? Is there any type of customer service or warranty for the Hakko? Does the warranty stay intact if you use the Hakko as a vaporization tool? Is there a 10 foot cord on the Hakko?

I truly do not know the answers to these questions, but I do know that for about eighty bucks more than the Hakko setup you get all of this from 7th Floor.

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
seems a bit moot to me as the key part is a heater cover from 7th floor...but some folks just love to mod etc.

Cheers

Dangus,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I agree, lwien. When I started reading this thread from the beginning I thought it was overpriced at $300. Then about ten or twenty pages in (and a couple years?) the price went on special to $180 and I thought 'shit! I hope that price is still good!'

Snatched that sucker up! Probably the best bang for the buck in my collection, except for the $60 VG.

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i was in the same boat, as soon as i saw the price drop to the $200 mark i jumped on it and never looked back. its my main go to for hash/oil bowls. plus i love the fact that pretty much all i ever have to clean are the wpa's.

2clicker

Observer
Can you tell us how the Hakko setup may be superior? Does the Hakko have the aluminum housing to keep the glass and element safe while also keeping your hands from being burnt?

nope you can burn yourself no doubt about that. so in that regard i suppose the LSV has an edge. not really an edge im concerned with tho. i used to use an open flame!

Does the Hakko offer a range of temperatures?

sure does.

How much modification has to be made to the Hakko unit? Are the mods simple to perform?

maybe 10 to 15 mins of minor fab/modding tops. yup pretty simple.

No matter what, do the Hakko and mods always cost $120 for everyone or is there some deviation in price from person to person?

there may be $5-$20 deviation, but still cheaper than an LSV.

Does the Hakko come with a WPA, transfer wand, storage bag, glass marble stirring pick, or screens?

LSV has the edge here with the accessories. transfer wand would probably collect dust at my place, but i can see how others would want to use it.

Is there any type of customer service or warranty for the Hakko? Does the warranty stay intact if you use the Hakko as a vaporization tool?

Hakko recognizes the needs of our community and actually supports it. i have emails to prove that. and yes they will warranty an iron used for vaping. from what ive gathered 7th Floor buys their heaters directly from Hakko. its the same heater. well actually some Hakko models have a much more stout heater that works better than the SSV, DBV, LSV little heater does.

Is there a 10 foot cord on the Hakko

no, but that can be added on easily and still be well under the price of an LSV.

I truly do not know the answers to these questions, but I do know that for about eighty bucks more than the Hakko setup you get all of this from 7th Floor.

the main reason i say i much prefer my hakkos to an LSV is because the 90 degree angle of the DBV/SSV heater cover. it more ergonomic to use and just feels natural. pop off the hole drilled top of your LSV and stick a DBV/SSV heater cover on there and youll see what im talking about. plus the LSV is too big for my taste. the hakko is much more manageable and more stealthy as it can be converted back to a complete working soldering iron in 10 seconds. that is why i feel its a better choice for your money. LSV is a great vape. how could it not be? it is in fact a handheld SSV/DBV afterall.

hope i helped!

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Absolutely! Thanks for all the answers. Does anyplace sell this as a kit? That would be a great idea. I'm interested in hearing about the other models with a more stout element. I've been thinking about getting that dabbing kit for Da Buddha to see how well it would work, if at all, with the LSV. I just don't think I'd be able to use it as a regular heat cover.

Deadshort480,

2clicker

Observer
yeah that DBV dab kit looks fun. i never thought about mounting one on a Hakko :science:

no packaged kits for the hakko stuff. but honestly they dont get used anymore. between my solo, XP, and darts the hakkos arent needed.

2clicker,

Is it tho?

Yo dude's, first post, taken me a while to get through this thread but got a quick question on the WPA before I order mine. Does it matter whether you get the long or short version any difference in performance?

Is it tho?,

lwien

Yo dude's, first post, taken me a while to get through this thread but got a quick question on the WPA before I order mine. Does it matter whether you get the long or short version any difference in performance?

Yes. For solo use, get the short one. For use with multiple people, get either the long or the fatty.

lwien,

Jonny2Ts

in too deep...
Can you use the lsv for waxes/oil? suggestions or preferred methods?
Or direct me to a thread that its been discussed... COuldn't find one.
:tup:

Jonny2Ts,

ilovebOObs

Can you use the lsv for waxes/oil? suggestions or preferred methods?
Or direct me to a thread that its been discussed... COuldn't find one.
:tup:

i normally toss some weed in there with the wax and hash, just hit and stir. works pretty good for me. here is an old video of mines.

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Damn.. that bowl is insane.
I always only put 0.1 grams of flower in my WPA everytime I medicate.
This gives me 6-10 hits when vape-bonging. I am on a good level everytime.

I've never got the chance to try oil, wax, or hash. Do they completely evaporate?
Or is there a residue left behind like ABV?

Does anyone not clean their WPA for reclaiming later on? Like maybe make a hot chocolate like how Solo owners do with their stems?

keepsake,

ilovebOObs

you can completely vape all the oil/wax.

i'm too much of a clean freak to do reclaiming, tried a few times but never succeed, something about dirty glass that bugs the shit outta me. hahahah

ilovebOObs,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Haha, I feel you ^
btw.. Do you play COD Black Ops 2?
I saw someone with the screen name iLuvBoobs and messaged him asking if he posts on FC.
He never replied lol. I thought it might've been you.

keepsake,

ilovebOObs

i play the PC version. same sn as on here. nothing better then vaping then shooting some noobs, hahahah can't wait for bf4 to come out, looks awesome.

the LSV is a great vape for clean freaks like me since the unit itself is always clean, even bought a spare heater cover which never gets use.

ilovebOObs,

vapeguy

Unfortunately I decided to abandon the LSV despite it being the best vaporizer I had.

The reason is that I really don't like the company's "bait and switch" tactic of attracting new users with low replacement part costs, and now that they have users they more than doubled the prices to the point replacement wands will cost me $50 or more EACH! I wouldn't have bought the LSV if I had known replacement parts were so expensive, me and glass don't get along at all. I bought it specifically because new wands were only $12-13 at the time I bought it.

This is really absurd to charge so much for replacement parts, if they think they can more than double the price then I'm gone.

I'll order the Inhalater and resell my Solo, and unlike LSV parts Inhalater parts are still the same price today as when it was released, and aren't made of glass so they'll probably last longer too (at least with me).

I'll keep my LSV for a while in the hopes they find their senses and realize $50 for a wand is ridiculous and go back to a more reasonable price, but if I end up liking the Inhalater as much as the LSV I'll sell my LSV to someone who can afford $50 per new wand.

Did anyone notice when they more than doubled the wand prices?

vapeguy,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Why $50? They're $30 on the store?
If you're including shipping in the $50, then its not fair to compare that to the $12-13 figure, since that certainly wouldn't have included shipping...
I don't recall them ever being $12-13, was that when the units base price was almost double what it is now?
I guess $30 is a little steep, but it doesn't seem that bad to me :2c:

Frederick McGuire,

ilovebOObs

the wand cost like $30 which i consider reasonable. small glass adapters from most head shop cost just as much.

Top Bottom