Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Nosferatu said:
Cool Silver I felt bad because I sounded kinda hostile but I just really wanted 7th Floor to get those minor details right making this a very good vape. NYC Diesel it is an all around great vape the only annoying things are those minor things that bother OCD people mostly, like what we were talking about. But to be honest as much as I love this vape I think I'll be getting a VXC, its just different technology is all. But I would nominate this best ceramic element vape ever.

Just wondering, what other ceramic element vapes have you tried and what advantages does the LSV hold to make that claim over them? Not completely disagreeing, but that is a very bold statement for a new vape on the market.

IAmKrazy2,

davidwu

My .02 cents.....

The LSV is not quite ready for prime time if you want to use it as it is being advertised. I suggest that everyone steps back and let 7th Floor make some design changes to the device before buying.

• While there are a couple of flaws (most listed previously in other posts), the main one in my opinion, is the water pipe attachment. Without the indent that is present in the SSV wand to retain the screen, the attachment is worthless. I say this because if you stir your bowl, there is a very good chance that you will flip the screen and all of your herb will just go straight down the downstem into the water. Since I stir after ever hit, I have to be extremely careful not to flip the screen and even so, I do it often.[/*]
  • The other big flaw I see, is that the herb falls out when I remove the transfer wand to stir. Being as careful as possible, inverting the LSV so that the herb will fall back into the transfer wand, tapping as I remove the transfer wand.... I still make a mess almost every time I remove the wand to stir.[/*]

Those two issues are the reason I am suggesting to wait. The other issues, not as bad, but still require addressing, are:

• The air to vapor mixture ratio (via the hole in the HC).[/*]
  • HC falling out (fitment?).[/*]
  • The crooked way the HC fits onto the ceramic element.[/*]
  • The temp dial getting constantly adjusted (set it down on the table and you'll see why, the dial is what will keep the LSV from rolling off the table, so it gets bumped every time the unit is placed down after use).[/*]
  • The mating between the HC and the water pipe adapter must be perfectly straight or you will add a lot of air to your toke (there should be a better, more encompassing fit).[/*]

As you can see, most of the small stuff has to do with the HC.

Now.... the good!

• The transfer wand hits much cleaner than the whip on the SSV. While the vapor is warmer (due to the shorter path to your lungs I would assume), it is much taster. Just be real careful not to turn up the dial too much, it is easy to combust with this one.[/*]
  • When using the water pipe attachment, it hits really nice through glass. Very clean, very good taste.[/*]
  • It is MUCH easier to use with a tube than the SSV is and the vapor is MUCH cleaner.[/*]

And the questionable.

• The LSV burns through product much faster than the SSV. Might be a learning curve issue? The wand being the biggest loser here. This is NOT a device for you if conservation is your primary requirement from a vape.[/*]
  • Not convinced this is a way to vape oil. I tried with some low grade pressed hash from the Stan and was very unimpressed. Maybe for a kief topping for your buds, but not oils or anything that is going to really melt. If you want to vape oils, I suggest having a real oil rig (ti swing, eclipse tool, dome, etc.) rather than try to make this work.[/*]
  • The transfer wand seems like a weak point. When you set down the vape, it seems to be fragile. Time will tell.[/*]
  • Where will all my beautiful wand hash go? I loved collecting that in the SSV.[/*]

So.... I have talked to 7th Floor and put out the real biggie for me, the useless water pipe adapter. The girl I spoke with was pleasant and ran my suggestion through management. She got back to me a week later and informed me that the glass shop was looking into some ideas here. If that is the case, great and I hope they come up with something soon. If they don't come up with a new design for the water pipe adapter, I suggest finding something different if you think you'll use it through a tube as they advertise (and in my opinion, the real reason for buying this vape over an SSV or any other currently out there).

If they correct the issues above, I'd recommend this vape, but not until then. Some serious competition is coming out on the water pipe front and I feel that 7th Floor can only compete with that if they can be first to market (assuming the new competition actually works as advertised). But.... the major flaw with the other device is that the "bowl" is enclosed, making the process of stirring difficult, but unlike the LSV, not impossible (since I assume you aren't going to lose your product all over the floor or inside of your tube).

I will also be running the idea of making a new water pipe adapter through a local glass blower. If the price seems reasonable, I might pull the trigger and have them make me a one off. If so, I will post pictures of the finished slide, price, and where I had it done. I will make sure the blower knows that there might be more interest so they can have a "mold" ready for these. Now this is the worst option.... why am I going to have to spend additional $$$ to get what I should have right off the bat?

Also... I do own a SSV (very happy owner) and LSV (amongst other vapes). I was hoping to sell the SSV when I got the LSV. Currently, the LSV is sitting on the shelf gathering dust. I think I gave the LSV a fair shake by using it exclusively for a week. Hopefully they come out with a fix before the competition gets here, if not, a LSV used for one week will go up for sale.

** One last note: While this has more to do with a reseller, than the LSV, it is important that you know this info prior to purchase. I ordered from vapeworld.com. Great price, easy ordering, fast shipping. BUT.... be careful with vapeworld.com!!! They sent me the VaporBros GONG to whip attachment instead of the actual 7th Floor GONG water pipe adapter as one previous poster mentioned. I didn't think to question this when I ordered, as the previous poster seemed to make it sound like they had their shit together.... well folks, be careful! As I said, they sent the wrong adapter and getting the right one took an act of congress (because of continuous screw ups at vapeworld.com). They made it right in the end, but it took several phone calls and a talk with the boss. That never should have happened and my recommendation here (since most people seem to have a great experience with them), is to call and verify your order before it ships and be specific that you want the 7th Floor adapter.

davidwu,
Reactions: kertong

GO!!bot

Hey SSV CHRIS

I hate to ask a primarily SSV question in this thread, but you don't seem to frequent the SSV thread. I was wondering if the current SSV (and all other 7th floor models) have tamed down the max temperature. I used to own a da Buddha a couple years ago and it ran considerably hotter than my new SSV. Some similar comments also in the SSV thread by users, I just wanted to know if 7th floor made a heater switch or something at some point. Thanks!!

GO!!bot,

Nosferatu

IAmKrazy2 said:
Nosferatu said:
Cool Silver I felt bad because I sounded kinda hostile but I just really wanted 7th Floor to get those minor details right making this a very good vape. NYC Diesel it is an all around great vape the only annoying things are those minor things that bother OCD people mostly, like what we were talking about. But to be honest as much as I love this vape I think I'll be getting a VXC, its just different technology is all. But I would nominate this best ceramic element vape ever.

Just wondering, what other ceramic element vapes have you tried and what advantages does the LSV hold to make that claim over them? Not completely disagreeing, but that is a very bold statement for a new vape on the market.

I completely just meant I think its the ceramic element put in the best form. Its the same thing as an SSV or DBV so its no better but I think its the best use of the ceramic element logic wise to me. And I guess I am super careful with it now, with mixing so the screen doesn't fall out. But its all good because I'm packing .05 a sesh at most and just taking milky hit after hit. This thing has minor grievances, but they're really not THAT big a deal as long as you have a good heater cover and treat it likes its as fragile as a VHW. Anyways I think its clear this thing needs some minor to medium major work so I will be selling it probably for the seemingly supior version of this the Cloud.

Nosferatu,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
davidwu said:
My .02 cents.....

The LSV is not quite ready for prime time if you want to use it as it is being advertised. I suggest that everyone steps back and let 7th Floor make some design changes to the device before buying.

• While there are a couple of flaws (most listed previously in other posts), the main one in my opinion, is the water pipe attachment. Without the indent that is present in the SSV wand to retain the screen, the attachment is worthless. I say this because if you stir your bowl, there is a very good chance that you will flip the screen and all of your herb will just go straight down the downstem into the water. Since I stir after ever hit, I have to be extremely careful not to flip the screen and even so, I do it often.[/*]
  • The other big flaw I see, is that the herb falls out when I remove the transfer wand to stir. Being as careful as possible, inverting the LSV so that the herb will fall back into the transfer wand, tapping as I remove the transfer wand.... I still make a mess almost every time I remove the wand to stir.[/*]

Those two issues are the reason I am suggesting to wait. The other issues, not as bad, but still require addressing, are:

• The air to vapor mixture ratio (via the hole in the HC).[/*]
  • HC falling out (fitment?).[/*]
  • The crooked way the HC fits onto the ceramic element.[/*]
  • The temp dial getting constantly adjusted (set it down on the table and you'll see why, the dial is what will keep the LSV from rolling off the table, so it gets bumped every time the unit is placed down after use).[/*]
  • The mating between the HC and the water pipe adapter must be perfectly straight or you will add a lot of air to your toke (there should be a better, more encompassing fit).[/*]

As you can see, most of the small stuff has to do with the HC.

Now.... the good!

• The transfer wand hits much cleaner than the whip on the SSV. While the vapor is warmer (due to the shorter path to your lungs I would assume), it is much taster. Just be real careful not to turn up the dial too much, it is easy to combust with this one.[/*]
  • When using the water pipe attachment, it hits really nice through glass. Very clean, very good taste.[/*]
  • It is MUCH easier to use with a tube than the SSV is and the vapor is MUCH cleaner.[/*]

And the questionable.

• The LSV burns through product much faster than the SSV. Might be a learning curve issue? The wand being the biggest loser here. This is NOT a device for you if conservation is your primary requirement from a vape.[/*]
  • Not convinced this is a way to vape oil. I tried with some low grade pressed hash from the Stan and was very unimpressed. Maybe for a kief topping for your buds, but not oils or anything that is going to really melt. If you want to vape oils, I suggest having a real oil rig (ti swing, eclipse tool, dome, etc.) rather than try to make this work.[/*]
  • The transfer wand seems like a weak point. When you set down the vape, it seems to be fragile. Time will tell.[/*]
  • Where will all my beautiful wand hash go? I loved collecting that in the SSV.[/*]

So.... I have talked to 7th Floor and put out the real biggie for me, the useless water pipe adapter. The girl I spoke with was pleasant and ran my suggestion through management. She got back to me a week later and informed me that the glass shop was looking into some ideas here. If that is the case, great and I hope they come up with something soon. If they don't come up with a new design for the water pipe adapter, I suggest finding something different if you think you'll use it through a tube as they advertise (and in my opinion, the real reason for buying this vape over an SSV or any other currently out there).

If they correct the issues above, I'd recommend this vape, but not until then. Some serious competition is coming out on the water pipe front and I feel that 7th Floor can only compete with that if they can be first to market (assuming the new competition actually works as advertised). But.... the major flaw with the other device is that the "bowl" is enclosed, making the process of stirring difficult, but unlike the LSV, not impossible (since I assume you aren't going to lose your product all over the floor or inside of your tube).

I will also be running the idea of making a new water pipe adapter through a local glass blower. If the price seems reasonable, I might pull the trigger and have them make me a one off. If so, I will post pictures of the finished slide, price, and where I had it done. I will make sure the blower knows that there might be more interest so they can have a "mold" ready for these. Now this is the worst option.... why am I going to have to spend additional $$$ to get what I should have right off the bat?

Also... I do own a SSV (very happy owner) and LSV (amongst other vapes). I was hoping to sell the SSV when I got the LSV. Currently, the LSV is sitting on the shelf gathering dust. I think I gave the LSV a fair shake by using it exclusively for a week. Hopefully they come out with a fix before the competition gets here, if not, a LSV used for one week will go up for sale.

** One last note: While this has more to do with a reseller, than the LSV, it is important that you know this info prior to purchase. I ordered from vapeworld.com. Great price, easy ordering, fast shipping. BUT.... be careful with vapeworld.com!!! They sent me the VaporBros GONG to whip attachment instead of the actual 7th Floor GONG water pipe adapter as one previous poster mentioned. I didn't think to question this when I ordered, as the previous poster seemed to make it sound like they had their shit together.... well folks, be careful! As I said, they sent the wrong adapter and getting the right one took an act of congress (because of continuous screw ups at vapeworld.com). They made it right in the end, but it took several phone calls and a talk with the boss. That never should have happened and my recommendation here (since most people seem to have a great experience with them), is to call and verify your order before it ships and be specific that you want the 7th Floor adapter.

I would say for the h20 pipe adapter, you've got the screen in/on wrong. Out of all the screens with the LSV, the h20 adapter is the best when put in properly. I have yet to lose ANY material I pack in the h20 adapter. I also ordered mine from vapeworld.com and seem to have some of the "build" issues you are having. I would hate to think it was vapeworld.com, maybe not enough communication between 7th Floor and Vapeworld. I was sent a LSV with the "older" small holed heat cover. Upon contacting 7th Floor regarding HC fit, they sent out one with a much nicer, larger hole under where the screen is. And also a bag of scrrens they sent me had beter fitting screens than what came with my LSV. Almost like the 2 companies had all the right parts between them, but incorrectly on their own. Now that I have been sent all the right parts at no charge from 7th Floor, THIS THING ROCKS. It is my "go to" vape when at home now. I bought the shorty transfer wand, and it "feels" much better in the handle and when taking hits than the original transfer wand does. A lot sturdier no wobbily feel. Hits are just as good no difference there. Also with the OEM adapter this baby will put you down. Just ask my buddy. Tonight I introduced him to water vaping. He thought he was at a dairy with all the milk around!!! Then he got what we in my hood refer to as a "snapback"---where you sort of "blackout" for a few sec, everything buzzing a littleand your vision kinda goesin and out. He dropped to the floor, flailing to hold onto some "imaginary"railing for support. HAAAAA!! Winner by TKO, the L-S-V.
He's ok, not hurt(maybe pride) at all. I hope I described the"blackout" thing o.k., it doesn't happen all the time like some medical thing.

Until 7th Floor sent me all the proper gear I was ready to give up on the LSV. I am so glad I didn't. With the proper HC AND screens properly put in, I now get no herb falling thru to heating element and burning, very minimal herbs falling back out me when stirring wand or just removing wand, no more scorched center of wand due to much nicer and larger hole in my heat cover and overall great performance out of what I thought was going to be an expensive paperweight.

Small learning curve as with any vape, was made harder by not having the correct HC and screens shipped when I bought it from vapeworld. Note, I have never had any problems with vapeworld and recommend to all my friends. They(7th Floor and Vapeworld) need to straighten this out soon so everyone can enjoy.

Raf007

Retailer
@Davidwu.

That was a good extensiv review, thx !

I do agree with what you pointed out, temp dial moving, water adapter screen moving etc...

But I feel like I have to give my :2c: en some stuffs you stated:

Fisrt I realy don't know what's going on with their hole in the HC concerning the ratio, but I own one of the first 30 LSV they sold and I do not have a problem with it, so I am really trying to understand what you all are talking about. In the same idea I never had herb falling on the heating element. The only pb I do have is the HC moving and sliding down sometimes.

BUT that's maybe due to the fact that I always use the LSV horizontally so the herb always stays in the transfer wand... and if you want to use it vertically just put a screen to prevent the herb from falling.

I don't know how they set the heating element, but with mine there is like no way to combust at max temp, except by letting the herb percolate like 30 sec while using the LSV vertically without a 2nd screen in the transfer wand.

So THIS is something they should work on, that all LSV user have the same temperature at a given knob position.

You say it burns through product faster than an SSV...that is NOT what I experienced, and my opinion on that is that your temp setting is the main reason why it would vape faster. I always start between 10: and 11: and I can assure you it doesn't vape faster thant an SSV if you want so.
But yes, I do find that it doesn't deal really good with tiny lwien amounts ;)

About the screen in the water adpater, yes it moves too much but after a couple used I was/am able to stir in between hits without loosing weed, expect a few small particules.
In my experience It does vape hash very nicely, of course if you think of oil you'll need a pad. So I don't know how you tried but I can assure you can vape hash.

About herb falling out when removing the transfer wand, this is what I do: Just before removing the wand, I held the LSV like if I was finishing a glass and draw, this will put all the herb back in the wand without any loss...and if you use the LSV horizontally the herb actually never falls from the wand. I take the wand off after every hit (cause I hate the idea of my weed percolating) and I can assure you I do not lose any herb.

A word of caution to finish.
To all LSV owner/users.

DO NOT PULL ON YOUR LSV TO HAVE MORE LENGHT on the electrical wire, but prefere to pull on the wire directly, as not doing so will weakened the base of the wire and eventually damaged it.

Raf007,

Fiend

GO!!bot said:
Hey SSV CHRIS

I hate to ask a primarily SSV question in this thread, but you don't seem to frequent the SSV thread. I was wondering if the current SSV (and all other 7th floor models) have tamed down the max temperature. I used to own a da Buddha a couple years ago and it ran considerably hotter than my new SSV. Some similar comments also in the SSV thread by users, I just wanted to know if 7th floor made a heater switch or something at some point. Thanks!!
I've noticed that the temperatures have been inconsistent throughout my 7th floor products. My first SSV looked like a monkey assembled it and I ordered it straight from the 7th floor. The ceramic heating element was touching the glass and it could only slightly obtain combustion when I had a big bowl packed (at full temp).

Eventually I got rid of that one and picked up a new one months later; this time I bought from a retailer. The heat is extremely hot and I can't seem to go past around 1:00 without reaching combustion. My friends Da Buddha can reach even higher temperatures...

Fiend,
I just got a second hand LSV minus its accessories, and am curious whether the shorty wand is preferred over the long. I only found one mention of it in the thread (which seemed to favor the shorty), and was curious if anyone else had an opinion.

Also, it seems that there are multiple versions of the water pipe adapter, and I don't mean joint size, I mean the distance from LSV to herbals is longer.

Check out this: http://www.vapeworld.com/vaporizer-...s/life-saber-vaporizer-lsv-water-pipe-adapter

Versus this: http://higherelevations.net/vaporizers/vaporizer-glass/lsv-water-pipe-adapter.html

Is the longer or shorter version preferable?

charliedontsurf,

Ash057

The shorty wand was designed to be used with a Glycerin tube. IMO it would be too hot to use by itself.

You would be better off buying a nice slide and skipping the adapter. The slide that came with my bubbler is perfect for the LSV. I dont use the shitty water pipe adapter. The design of it is horrible. The distance is a huge issue. The screen will not stay in place and easily flips out when trying to stir making a huge mess.

Ash057,

ShadowLink12

Activist
Ash057 said:
The shorty wand was designed to be used with a Glycerin tube. IMO it would be too hot to use by itself.

You would be better off buying a nice slide and skipping the adapter. The slide that came with my bubbler is perfect for the LSV. I dont use the shitty water pipe adapter. The design of it is horrible. The distance is a huge issue. The screen will not stay in place and easily flips out when trying to stir making a huge mess.

The screen issue is an error of inconsistency from the glass blower 7th floor uses. The straight (normal) water pipe adapter I use the screen stays right in places, and I find the results to be pretty good (the distance just means needing to milk the piece a little longer, you just have to find just the right way to hit it for milky hits)...on the other hand, I had them commission me a 45 degree angle water pipe adapter for my stemless waffle bubbler (otherwise the LSV was way too in my face), and the screen is almost IMPOSSIBLE to keep in place. I ended up taking a thicker Extreme Q cyclone bowl screen and putting pressure on it until it conformed to the space (still can spring out of place occasionally). Pain in the ass? YES....to the detriment of the entire vape? NO.

I must say though, why not design a version of the wand the goes immediatly to a 2nd 18.8mm ground glass joint?! That way you would get the nice thick hits of the wand due to the herb distance....with water filtration, this would be incredible. To be fair....this would ruin the point of having the spherical ground glass joint on the heater cover (which feels sort of awesome to use)...but in practice it is fairly inconsistent, and doesn't really help you evenly cook the herb.

ShadowLink12,
Thanks for your opinions guys. I'm gonna start experimenting with slides and see what I come up with.

Ash, did your water adapter come from LSV or Vapeworld? I could be wrong, but I think Vapeworld was/is making their own, and their design from the pictures looks like the distance is lesser.

Curious how this guy will end up comparing to my other favorites.

Edit like 15 minutes later :lol: : The glass vapobowl, well, bowl makes a nice seal, is a short distance, and seems to deliver reasonably dense, rather flavorful clouds. Definitely works pretty good.

But why doesn't this heavy, aluminum fire hazard not have feet? Do they want it to roll off the table? On the other hand, I am impressed by how cool the unit stays, and besides the rolling point seems very safe.

Have we determined if a small holed heater cover or a large holed heater cover is preferable? Mine seems pretty huge, it came with two but the other one with a much smaller hole shattered.

charliedontsurf,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Fiend said:
GO!!bot said:
Hey SSV CHRIS

I've noticed that the temperatures have been inconsistent throughout my 7th floor products. My first SSV looked like a monkey assembled it and I ordered it straight from the 7th floor. The ceramic heating element was touching the glass and it could only slightly obtain combustion when I had a big bowl packed (at full temp).

Eventually I got rid of that one and picked up a new one months later; this time I bought from a retailer. The heat is extremely hot and I can't seem to go past around 1:00 without reaching combustion. My friends Da Buddha can reach even higher temperatures...

Nope, no changes at all! So much of the heat produced is excess anyway, it go way hotter than it would ever need to. If your SSV is not getting hot enough to vape?

Vapetologist,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Just to let you know that we are monitoring the forums, and often email users questions privately. As always, if you have any questions, please email me @ chris@7thfloor.biz.

Vapetologist,

davidwu

@SSV Chris: Any idea if/when you guys plan on changing the water pipe adapter's design to make it usable? I had high hopes for your newest vape, but honestly, it sits in the closet getting dusty. Without a usable water pipe adapter soon.... I am afraid I am going to have to get rid of it. The idea is great, the execution is horrible, I can't believe you guys didn't test this before going into production (and if you did, fire the testers, missing this one was just asking to have a poor launch and product reception).

PLEASE fix the Water Pipe Adapter!

davidwu,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
davidwu said:
@SSV Chris: Any idea if/when you guys plan on changing the water pipe adapter's design to make it usable? I had high hopes for your newest vape, but honestly, it sits in the closet getting dusty. Without a usable water pipe adapter soon.... I am afraid I am going to have to get rid of it. The idea is great, the execution is horrible, I can't believe you guys didn't test this before going into production (and if you did, fire the testers, missing this one was just asking to have a poor launch and product reception).

PLEASE fix the Water Pipe Adapter!

We do apologize that is it not meeting your needs or expectations, and if there is an issue with your heater cover or any other part we will make it right; we have hundreds of new LSV customers that absolutely love the product and have no issues using it... No product is for everyone, and it looks like unfortunately this may not be the vape for you. We value you as a customer, but can't redesign every aspect of the vape to meet one users needs. We hope you understand. That being said, we have taken much of the input from this forum as our best possible feedback, besides our own. And we do appreciate your feedback. As a company we aren't just hearing what you say, we are trying to heed it as well, when appropriate.

With the zillions of combinations of glass connections out there, if you find the water adapter is not meeting your needs, we can definitely make a custom one for you. And obviously the nature of hand made glass is that no two pieces are ever the same. Sometimes slight variances get out past quality control, and of course we will remedy that. We have, and will continue to elevate every aspect of our products and manufacturing processes, including quality control. We have taken much of the input from this forum as our best possible feedback besides our own. We do appreciate your feedback.

All products evolve over time. We will definitely take your suggestions into account. If you need a new heater cover or a special WPA then please let us know.

Vapetologist,

davidwu

@SSVChris: Hmm... not exactly sure how to take that answer of yours?

Okay.... here's the deal, as I see it.

1. Your company market's the LSV to be used with a tube via the water pipe adapter, correct?

2. It is common knowledge that while vaping herb, one needs to stir constantly to insure proper extraction, correct?

3. You have another product that is called the SSV (which I also own), that has a wand with a recess to hold the screen in place so that when one stirs their herb, it stays where it is suppose to stay (you marketed your wand as a better alternative to the competition since the screen will stay put), correct?

Let's assume you answered all of those inquires with a positive answer. Let's also assume that the way the wand was designed on the SSV was to help with stirring and to also help keep the herb out of your mouth, by not letting the screen flip.

So... why on the LSV, would you design the screen to flip while stirring? Did you think that my tubes water would filter the herb and I'd not get it into my mouth? While that is surely the case, I really wanted to keep my herb in the slide (water pipe adapter), as it does me no good in the tube's water.

Honestly, if you can tell me with a straight face that you can stir without flipping your screen, either I have a defective water pipe adapter or you are right.... I am really too dumb to use your vape.

Asking me to shell out to fix this poor design is pretty low in my book. But, the funny thing is, I was so interested in getting this thing right (as I told you... HIGH HOPES!), I asked your customer service person if you guys could blow one for me with the recess (on my dime!?!)... she told me you were too busy and couldn't and that I could either find a local glass blower or that when you guys decided to fix the design, I could get one from you. Finding a local glass blower is time, expense, and headache I really shouldn't have to deal with to make a non performing product work as it was advertised to do so. Waiting on you guys to correct this... well, your answer to me makes it clear that you feel this design is okay and good to go.

Now, as far as the heater cover.... how can I really know? I don't use the vape because it doesn't work in the way I intended it to.... as it was marketed to me. I know in the week or so that I did use it, I combusted while using the transfer wand in a small spot in the center of the herb. Not sure if it is a bad heater cover or I am used to the SSV and have a learning curve?

davidwu,

max

Out to lunch
So... why on the LSV, would you design the screen to flip while stirring? Did you think that my tubes water would filter the herb and I'd not get it into my mouth? While that is surely the case, I really wanted to keep my herb in the slide (water pipe adapter), as it does me no good in the tube's water.

Honestly, if you can tell me with a straight face that you can stir without flipping your screen, either I have a defective water pipe adapter or you are right.... I am really too dumb to use your vape.

I haven't used the LSV, and I'm not very familiar with it, but if I'm reading your post correctly, your screen moves when it shouldn't. On the SSV wand there certainly is a specific spot for the screen to sit in, and assuming the wand is made correctly in that area, it's very easy to install the screen, and you know you've got a good fit because once seated, you can't use the pick to move the screen around. It's tight. If the wand isn't made to the right size, the screen can move. One wand I ordered was like this. The screen rotated easily. Poor QC. I sent it back and got a replacement. With the LSV, if there isn't a slot for the screen to sit in securely, it sounds like a downgrade, design wise, from the SSV. If there is, and your screen just doesn't fit the slot right, thus the flip over, just send it back as defective.

max,

davidwu

max said:
I haven't used the LSV, and I'm not very familiar with it, but if I'm reading your post correctly, your screen moves when it shouldn't. On the SSV wand there certainly is a specific spot for the screen to sit in, and assuming the wand is made correctly in that area, it's very easy to install the screen, and you know you've got a good fit because once seated, you can't use the pick to move the screen around. It's tight. If the wand isn't made to the right size, the screen can move. One wand I ordered was like this. The screen rotated easily. Poor QC. I sent it back and got a replacement. With the LSV, if there isn't a slot for the screen to sit in securely, it sounds like a downgrade, design wise, from the SSV. If there is, and your screen just doesn't fit the slot right, thus the flip over, just send it back as defective.

Sorry... I was kind of poking the bear when I wrote that because I didn't like the response much. I don't know if my description of the problem design is unclear or what, but maybe I should cut the SSV guy a little more slack seeing you seem hazy on the issue as well.

In your parting thought, I think I have a production piece that was blown correctly. Now there is no way for me to be sure about this, but I am running with that assumption. From others reviews here, it looks to me that the slide is, as you stated, a downgrade in design from the way the wand on the SSV works. As you know, with that vape the screen has an area to sit into. The screen is secure in that recess and will not flip, nor move much more than some minor rotation within the recess, all while maintaining a filter (screen) between the herb and the user.

On the LSV, the Water Pipe Adapter (the slide that 7th Floor promotes and provides for using the LSV with a tube), there is no recess for the screen to rest in; therefore, the screen, while unable to travel downwards into the down-stem due to a taper, is not being held in from above (as in the recess/seat/whatever you call it on the SSV). When you attempt to stir, you take a crap shoot. As gentle as I possibly can be, I still flip the screen very often. There is nothing holding it in, when you stir your herb, the screen can, and often does, easily flip over and drop the herb down into the water.

Hope that makes more sense. Hopefully SSVChris was confused as well and I misread the meaning of his earlier post.

EDIT: I have also used various screen sizes to see if I could find something that would make magic happen.... no dice.

davidwu,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
I was hoping to avoid a popcorn mattinee, and we don't want to get into a tit for tat about this, but now that you provide more information about your situation, please let me address your concerns.

davidwu said:
@SSVChris: Hmm... not exactly sure how to take that answer of yours?

Okay.... here's the deal, as I see it.

1. Your company market's the LSV to be used with a tube via the water pipe adapter, correct? Correct.

2. It is common knowledge that while vaping herb, one needs to stir constantly to insure proper extraction, correct? Some do, some don't. Depends on the tobacco or herb, depends on how you pack the wand, depends on whether you have a fatty bowl, depends on standard, spherical, or GG, as you can rotate and turn two of the three...

3. You have another product that is called the SSV (which I also own), that has a wand with a recess to hold the screen in place so that when one stirs their herb, it stays where it is suppose to stay (you marketed your wand as a better alternative to the competition since the screen will stay put), correct? Correct, it is a feature and a benefit for wands.

Let's assume you answered all of those inquires with a positive answer. Let's also assume that the way the wand was designed on the SSV was to help with stirring and to also help keep the herb out of your mouth, by not letting the screen flip.

So... why on the LSV, would you design the screen to flip while stirring? Did you think that my tubes water would filter the herb and I'd not get it into my mouth? While that is surely the case, I really wanted to keep my herb in the slide (water pipe adapter), as it does me no good in the tube's water. We did not design the screen to flip. That would be absurd. We want only the best possible experience for our fans. Obviously we have no interest in wasting your tobacco or herbs. We tested, and tested. It was not a problem for us, or most* other customers.

Honestly, if you can tell me with a straight face that you can stir without flipping your screen, either I have a defective water pipe adapter or you are right.... I am really too dumb to use your vape. I can, with the straightest of faces, tell you that no, it does not happen. And, if you can show me, where I said anything REMOTELY close to calling you dumb, please quote it. After you took nearly every element of the LSV to task, I stated thus: "No product is for everyone, and it looks like unfortunately this may not be the vape for you." Have you ever sat in a perfectly fine car, but just felt...'this isn't the car for me..." That was my point. I implore you to understand that your feedback was and is important to us!

Asking me to shell out to fix this poor design is pretty low in my book. But, the funny thing is, I was so interested in getting this thing right (as I told you... HIGH HOPES!), I asked your customer service person if you guys could blow one for me with the recess (on my dime!?!)... she told me you were too busy and couldn't and that I could either find a local glass blower or that when you guys decided to fix the design, I could get one from you. Finding a local glass blower is time, expense, and headache I really shouldn't have to deal with to make a non performing product work as it was advertised to do so. Waiting on you guys to correct this... well, your answer to me makes it clear that you feel this design is okay and good to go. I did not ask you to shell out to fix what you feel is a poor design. Please reread my post. I stated that A) we would make you a custom WPA if you needed it. (many LSV customers have fully custom water pipe setups, and need a specific WPA. Our glass blowers are delighted when they get to make custom things!) ... B) If something about your vape was not right, then we would make it right. I apologize if our customer service rep told you otherwise. She is new to glass and did not know that we can, and will, make you anything you want.

Now, as far as the heater cover.... how can I really know? I don't use the vape because it doesn't work in the way I intended it to.... as it was marketed to me. I know in the week or so that I did use it, I combusted while using the transfer wand in a small spot in the center of the herb. Not sure if it is a bad heater cover or I am used to the SSV and have a learning curve?
Again, per my last post, if you feel that the heater cover got by our inspection with a hole that is too small, and the cause of the combustion concentration spot, then like I said, we will take care of it.

DavidWu, your screen has to be too small. You said you have tried different size screens, but we just don't see this happening with any frequency. Please let me explain how this occurred.

The glass that we start with, for nearly every single thing we make, are straight glass tubes, such as you see on the heater covers. These are made by a machine. The inner diameter(ID) of these tubes is nearly the same...but only nearly. The nature of glass is such that when it cools, there is little or no way to absolutely guarentee exactly the same ID in every single tube. Glass just doesn't work that way. That is why, on rare occasions, the ID of the tube is too large. Even if just barely, then you might run into the problem you are expereincing. Again, we are sorry that this has happened, and would love to get your LSV off the shelf! I spoke with the owner today, and sure enough we have an additional model available that has exactly what you seek. It's at the glass shop right now getting LSV labels applied to them, and then they will be available. I will post an image as soon as they drive it over. Send me your address, and I will get you one asap. As for the HC, please send me a picture of it if you can?

* Anyone else having this issue, please let me know.

Chris@7thfloor.biz

Vapetologist,

Nosferatu

Davidwu is right. The waterpipe adapter is usable, but defective in two ways.

1. There is no recession for the screen to sit into, its just jammed in and expected to be held by the sides of the cylindrical glass. It easily pops out if one side is poked to hard with the pick. I flipped mine about every other day. Now you can get a screen in pretty tight with luck and it may seem usable for months even. But once you accidently knock that one out or remove it to clean, it will no long stay in right ever again.

2. The waterpipe adapter currently sold is a FATTY load water pipe adapter. It needs to be cut in half nearly twice as much to be completely effective, especially considering the temps on your vapes ARE NOT consistent. Way to much distance from the heating element, the air is cooler and narrower by the time it reaches the herb, that is unless you wanna pack .5g a load.

So to solve this issue you can either make the adapter at least 3/4 an inch shoter and do the same recess to hold the screen as on DBV or SSV. Or you can make a new design. If you geniuses at 7th Floor can't think of a better design let me make a suggestion. Imagine the transfer wands bowl(which is a 18mm joint that holds the screen nicely like a DBV) back to back with another 18mm joint. Therefore a small nice waterpipe adapter and it even holds the LSV to the glass. Kinda like a VXC. Much better design. So tell me a reason that doesnt work or start doing it that way. Either way I sold this thing because the stoners making it vape too much and rush alot of things. VXC obviously makes this fault ridden thing look even more prehistoric.

Nosferatu,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Nosferatu said:

Hostile posts and the LSV thread seem to go hand in hand with you, Nos. It really gets juvenile with all the 7th Floor sux and VXC is God's gift to the vape community. Are you enjoying your VXC yet? Dind't think so. But I'm ripping fatties constantly, consistently, superior taste, and endless sessions with my fault ridden hunk of metal.

1.) But once you accidently knock that one out or remove it to clean, it will no long stay in right ever again. WRONG. My screen has been in since received and can be easily put in and out with no issues. I have ZERO material coming into my crappy glass bong. User error in my opinion.

Also, when did your opinion go from best ceramic vape, to "I sold my shite so I can by a cloud?"(yes not your words, but my interpretation of them) Schizo much?

davidwu...by process of deduction, you may be to dumb to use LSV. You words not mine. Of any of the minor issues with the LSV, stirring is nowhere on my short list. I have had issues, documented on this thread. All have been cleared up by 7th Floor. My HC fit was the big issue and once corrected, I noted it on the board and sent notice to Chirs at 7th Floor. He treated me with kindness and respect throughout my short ordeal, something many of you on the board could learn from. When HiPi or stonemonkey take care of their customers you all act like they are gods, but when 7th Floor gives the same service, someone finds another reason to be a dick to them. It's usually easy to bash the best. I have a Incognito Vape from Hipi, which while I am learning to enjoy, can't hold a flame to LSV. I am on preorder for cloud, but am not bashing 7th floor because it does/doesnt do the same thing. Would you people keep going to McDonalds every day to tell them you could make a better burger, again and again? If people behaved on the vxc thread like this, everybody runs them off. Why such respect to that manufacturer? That vape has been in beta since 02/2010. If 7th floor went thru what SM/ VXC has to put out a vape, there would be a lynching. I am sorry to use VXC or HiPi as examples, but the forum "mindset", at least to me is they can do no wrong, and are the measuring stick for vape companies. I myself have to put 7th floor products and service up top as well.

I have thick skin so please bash away at the 7th Floor shill.

Also, shorty transfer wand works great, and is not too hot. It does not have to be used only with vapor tamer.

mod note: Your post crosses the line in the 'Be Nice' area. I suggest you review that section of the rules page.

Silver420Surfer,

Nosferatu

This is getting ridiculous and yes the LSV is a good vape, it does provide lovely hits. But the waterpipe adapter IS flawed because Ive used 3 different waterpipe adapters and its all the same, just not that good of a design. Also many here agree. I was just trying to make them not look crazy and show there are more who agree. So dont get mad at me SilverSSVSurfer or whatever. I dont have a VXC and only said that because its looking to be the better design for the similar price(well unttill it went up 100 dollars). I'm not repping any other vape. I sold all of mine and use just an MFLB. Because I realized this vape isnt the solution I wanna be stuck with. Maybe the VXC isnt either, but thats not the point. The point is if 7th Floor redesigns the heater cover(thicker glass, consistent sized holes) and comes up with a new waterpipe adapter, this thing will be pretty bad ass and I will recommend and praise it again.

Nosferatu,
Top Bottom