Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

turk

turk
.. ..think I could bring my car by Frederick ?...maybe u can take a look at that too...:)...congrats dude.

turk,

Bouldorado

Ok, so the other night, I was using my LSV, and noticed that a bit of wear was already showing on those exposed inner power wires :|.
I was hoping I'd be able to wait for my replacement black one, but I didn't want to risk it, so it was time for a little repair job :)

I got my LSV up to temp, then I carefully opened the base so I could get an idea of how hot it gets at the inside of that base piece.
I was happy to find it really only gets warm to the touch on that insulating rubber cement stuff they use to hold the cord in place.
I used a little utility knife to cut around the hole that the power cord goes into, which basically meant I now had a power cord that wasn't attached to the base piece.
Then I used the utility knife to cut back a little bit of that outer insulation (maybe 4-5mm) that had started to split.
I pushed that cord through the hole until I could see the outer insulation peeking its head through the inside side of the base plate, and hot-glued it in place.

I now have a fully functional LSV :razz:

Here are some pics:
My Tools

The finished repair:

(My hot glue is the yellowish looking bit)
And a quick pic of the insides :)

EDIT: I'm thinking of maybe doing some modding experiments with my LSV once my replacement comes...
I'm thinking removable power cord to start :brow:

I hope your lsv doesn't get hot enough to remelt that hot glue. I used hot glue as sealant when I modified my ez vape to blow bags, and it ended up melting after a few uses.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The glue melting was a concern of mine before I opened it up while it was at temp, but when I felt that sealant stuff 7th floor uses, it was just warm to touch, far cooler than the hottest part of the metal housing (which I pressed a glue stick against to see if it would melt at all - it wouldn't), so I'm pretty confident it won't melt. :)

It doesn't affect taste at all.
the inside of the unit had quite a distinct electronic-y smell coming from it, so the heating element & HC must be pretty well sealed off from the internal air.

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Bouldorado

turk

turk
....thanks because to me that's one of the great things about the lsv...and what I prefer over the ssv...the taste...only the solo beats it (from what I've seen, and I'm no expert....although I do aspire)...be a real bummer to lose that taste...

andy2011

Does anyone know if any other type of bowl will work with the LSV?

I have an EHLE bong with a 14mm fitting and I was looking to buy the WPA but the shipping costs from the states don't really make it worth it, I mean it was $37 shipping on vapeworld!

andy2011,

beEasy

I have an EHLE bong with a 14mm fitting and I was looking to buy the WPA but the shipping costs from the states don't really make it worth it, I mean it was $37 shipping on vapeworld!

I know this person put his LSV to his Luke Wilson bowl. Idk what size it was though or if you have access to Luke Wilson pieces where you are.

beEasy,

andy2011

Fast response dude, cheers!

Hmm interesting, his bowl looks similar sizes with mine and I notice he doesn't take the screw ring off. I'll give it a go and report back, it does seem like a very adaptable vape.

andy2011,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've got a Luke Wilson bowl, and it does indeed work, you just need to be more precise with the alignment of the LSV and the bowl, as you only have a small lip on each piece to line up.

It will work, but IMO its not the most desirable solution for regular use.

Another option would be if you have (or can find) a 18mm male to 14mm male piece that you could jam a screen into.

Frederick McGuire,

SmokeStak

Any idea when the colored LSV are coming out? i am holding out for one with cord strain relief and black.

SmokeStak,

Andy not sure about any bowls that will fit but i do pretty well just pressing the wand tight to the top of my downstem.
It won't be air tight, but i can cream my pipes very well (as well as a WPA) when I hit my pipes using the wand (did it for a few days waiting for my new WPA in the mail).
Use caution if you try this or if using a male to male with screen. I've combusted doing both :/

LSVvaderVAPOR,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Can someone define wpa for me?
the "water pipe adapter" is a bowl with a gong, so you can use with glass.
p3203896.jpg

ilovebOObs,
Somehow my wife managed to break my vapor tamer this evening.:clap:
It was in the freezer, just chillin, like it has been for months.
While removing ice trays, she knocked it out of the freezer and onto the floor.
Completely smashed it.
Loved that thing, and it was a slim tamer too.
Those aren’t available anymore.
So…do I get the Fatty or the Saturn?
I’m leaning towards the Saturn…and my own freezer to store it far away from that glass-breaking bitch.

LSVvaderVAPOR,

turk

turk
....I have both (kinda regret that now)....get the saturn....no if's, and's or but's...get the saturn...it's $10 more but it is much...MUCH better...gets colder, lasts longer...makes the fatty look like a toy...get the saturn.

turk,

turk

turk
....haven't even figured out how to post a picture yet.....nevertheless, a video...sorry..check with boobs...but he lacks a tamer...

turk,

ilovebOObs

no tamers here, but i'll be happy to make one if you guys send me one, hahahahah
maybe order one in a few weeks once i get the family situation handled.

ilovebOObs,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I could try to shoot a vid of one of the old style small tamers in action. (I've gotta add a Saturn to the collection)

I've got 2 of em, maybe I should get silly and put em both on :lol:

I've got a few videos I still have to edit (I've been putting it off :uhoh:) but after I've done them, I'm planning on doing a few vids showing off the LSV :D
I'll make sure the tamer gets a shot in there too :tup:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: ilovebOObs
DAM!
7th Floor only has the Saturn in blue, black or pink.
I am totally a green accessory kind of guy.
But the blue one might due.
I really am a green saber dude though.
Thanks for the feed back TURK.
Very helpful.
Going to place this order at weeks end.
And then maybe a video post.
I should show off my LSV gong jar during that as well.

turk

turk
....by all means, you won't regret the saturn....be carefull those chilled hits can really sneak up on you...not for the novice....

turk,

ilovebOObs

i haven't shown any love to the lsv in awhile. its becoming my odd man out. been using the cloud and HI almost exclusively now.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom