Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
I wouldn't use a superglued wand, it would be better to attach silicone tubing to adapter at that point.

You sure? I saw someone saying it doesn't melt or anything till about 225 degrees, I don't think the wand gets that hot.. THe super glue is on the outside for the most part anyways.. What would be bad? I already have it all super glued and shit so I can't take it apart.

ElevatedMindset,

clouded vision

I also would advise against super glue, especially near the heater at all, dint want ti inhale those various. also you should probably fire polish the end that you put the tube on or you could inhale tiny glass shards abd get them imbedded in your lungs

clouded vision,

grokit

well-worn member
You sure? I saw someone saying it doesn't melt or anything till about 225 degrees, I don't think the wand gets that hot.. THe super glue is on the outside for the most part anyways.. What would be bad? I already have it all super glued and shit so I can't take it apart.

Do what you want. I just said that I wouldn't do it ;)

grokit,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
I also would advise against super glue, especially near the heater at all, dint want ti inhale those various. also you should probably fire polish the end that you put the tube on or you could inhale tiny glass shards abd get them imbedded in your lungs

The glass shards won't be able to break off, and they are too big to get through the wand. I don't know what to do now.. I don't think it would be deadly because its not getting hot enough.

ElevatedMindset,

clouded vision

it's not the large visible shards but the microscopic ones from tiny stress fractures near the breaks that you should be worried about

clouded vision,
Reactions: TNK

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
it's not the large visible shards but the microscopic ones from tiny stress fractures near the breaks that you should be worried about

Yeah I know but I duct taped the part where the shards were so theres no way I don't think, I'm more worried about the fumes lol.

ElevatedMindset,

clouded vision

glass splinters suck, I've had then in my hands and the last place I would want one is in my lungs. even though you have duct taped the outside of the wand you haven't done anything to prevent microscopic splinters from coming off on the inside of the wand and being inhaled so from a safety standpoint I would say never ever use broken glass period (unless properly repaired and flame polished), this is the last I'll say about it because no one here is your mother so do what you will and best of luck to you.

clouded vision,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
glass splinters suck, I've had then in my hands and the last place I would want one is in my lungs. even though you have duct taped the outside of the wand you haven't done anything to prevent microscopic splinters from coming off on the inside of the wand and being inhaled so from a safety standpoint I would say never ever use broken glass period (unless properly repaired and flame polished), this is the last I'll say about it because no one here is your mother so do what you will and best of luck to you.

Thanks I think I should be fine but I appreciate your thoughts. I've been reading and I think the super glue should be fine with this. The vapor/wand doesn't get hot enough to make it melt. Is there another site I can get the shorty wand cheaper? I found one a while back but I think they upped the price.. It sucks local headshops don't carry wands.

ElevatedMindset,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Please stay away from repairing glass with superglue....especially in the airpath.

From Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

Toxicity
The fumes from CA are a vaporized form of the cyanoacrylate monomer that irritate sensitive membranes in the eyes, nose, and throat. They are immediately polymerized by the moisture in the membranes and become inert. These risks can be minimized by using CA in well ventilated areas. About 5% of the population can become sensitized to CA fumes after repeated exposure, resulting in flu-like symptoms.[17] It may also act as a skin irritant and may cause an allergic skin reaction. The ACGIH assign a Threshold Limit Value exposure limit of 200 parts per billion. On rare occasions, inhalation may trigger asthma. There is no singular measurement of toxicity for all cyanoacrylate adhesives as there is a wide variety of adhesives that contain various cyanoacrylate formulations.

This is a bad idea period...there are some glues that are appropriate for repairing glass that isn't in the heat path (think broken bong bottom) but you would be hard pressed to find a safe solution in the situation...

..and super glue is NOT it.

Z

Zingbuddah,

grokit

well-worn member
I was noticing that the lsv like the ssv can consume a LOT of medicine when using water attachments.

But more so than the ssv the lsv can also be quite efficient, I think as efficient as anything out there when just sipping on the standard transfer wand.

I think a cool way to conserve medicine might be to pick up one of the $35 colored jobs on sale for $25 and call it a day. Of course I love using water attachments, but it's expensive...

transwand.jpg

grokit,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I haven't used the LSV with water for a while now...I just love the transfer wand ;)

m0sh,
Reactions: Vitolo

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
Sorry I meant the LSV site. they both (SSV&LSV) have different size wand screens, old and new:

ctc_2228-edit.jpg

For the LSV the old style is 15.8mm and the new is 14.8mm

I'm going to order the shorty transfer wand but I'm not sure what screens I would need to use with it, I can't really tell from the pictures on the site.

ElevatedMindset,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
The problem I seem to be having is even when just barely inserting the wand...it wants to stick...hard. I don't know if this is from the difference in temps between the heater cover and wand...maybe the wand is expanding enough during the short time they are in contact to form a tighter seal? This was especially pronounced the one time I used my saturn vapor tamer...I placed it gently in the socket...with no twisting or pressing or anything like that...for at most 30 seconds and then I was completely unable to remove it. I tried twisting and pulling, rocking, and gentle tapping. In the end I had to let both units come to room temperature before I was able to get them apart. I have since been too uneasy to try it again.

I don't like keeping the wand attached for any length of time. I generally insert, puff puff, remove. In the course of one wand load it gets stuck 2 or 3 times.

I only use keck clips when other patients are involved. Too many people can't seem to figure out how to pull the slide without the down-stem going for a ride. :/

So I just received my new shorty transfer wand and it won't stick at all, the complete opposite of your problem. Did you find out why it was getting stuck? I've had that problem with my old wand, now this one wont even stay in the slightest bit. It may be due to it being new and may have to get residue on it to stick. The new wand is the new style(14.8mm) but I believe the other one was the same too..

ElevatedMindset,

Mrmrmrmr

Does anyone know of side affects aside from cosmetic damage that black marks have on the ceramic element on the lsv?

Mrmrmrmr,

Breathemetal

Does anyone know of side affects aside from cosmetic damage that black marks have on the ceramic element on the lsv?

Ive had a few black marks on my SSV from friends blowing into it and sending herb flying onto the element. After a while the just went away, my ceramic stick looks brand new.

Breathemetal,
Top Bottom