Less Crime Near Dispensaries?

treecityrnd

Just posted this link in reference to the current situation in Michigan but thought it might be relevant to many of us:

Rand study finds less crime near pot dispensaries
By John Hoeffel, Los Angeles Times September 21, 2011

"Crimes such as assaults and thefts rose in areas of L.A. where the shops were forced to close last summer, researchers say. The city attorney's office and a sheriff's spokesman dispute the report's conclusions..."

treecityrnd,

SD_haze

There's at least nine dispensaries within 5 mile driving distance of me.
Nice area imo ;)

SD_haze,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Up here in Oregon they are called cannabis resource centers. We have 1 in Eugene I frequent called Kannabosm. I went down 1 day about a month ago and there was a sign on the door that said "closed due to illness" This was the day after the "Wake-N-Bake" club up in Aloha got raided. They were open again the next day but most of the medicine was gone :mad: , website gutted, and monthly fee of $20 was dropped. Now they have about a dozen strains and some basic edibles, tinctures, lotions and the monthly fee is back . . . website is still bare, no strain menu or pics and I have never seen any concentrates except for kief, once. We are kinda making new law as we go along so hopefully, next year, the voters will pass the decriminalization measure or at least the dispensary law. We do have delivery service up here and legally it seems to be doing better than the resource centers. here is a link to a local news story about the place:

http://www.kval.com/news/local/127974278.html

t-dub

t-dub,
Top Bottom