Leaving greens in the vape?

PDXpuffer

Howdy folks, I'm a daily smoker from Oregon and I'm currently using a Quartz one hitter disguised as a cigarette to get my fix before my daily drives and once at lunch. So far this has been awesome, my usage is super low (roughly a quarter a month) and I still get where I want to go every time. Recently for health reasons I've been thinking about a vape (specifically the Arizer Solo I'm a sucker for machined aluminum) and I'm finding out a lot of benefits of upgrading my hardware. My question is simple, it seems like these vapes require a bit more than the little bits I use to pack up my one-hitter. Can I stuff it full and hit the same "bowl" over the course of a day or am I pretty much locked in to finishing whats in there? Frankly if I can hit it over the day without loosing quality I'm sold, this stuff is awesome.

Sorry to make my first post a new topic I just couldn't seem to find it with the search terms I was using, kind of hard to describe.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys (and gals) seem to have a great community here :)

PDXpuffer,

weedemon

enthusiast
First off welcome! I'm glad you found this place!

to answer your question, i would have to say this depends on your tolerance level. if the amount your vape holds is enough to keep you satisfied all day then yes it will. I would like to add though with most vapes I have used, the order of enjoyment goes like this:

1st hit is flavour country. this is where the terpenes and flavanoids vape off first at the initial lower temps.

2nd hit is the most potent. (think resin covered buds from the first hit)

all the others after this have diminishing returns in flavour and potency.

you can keep hitting your buds for a surprising amount of time usually though. when i am showing someone new the ropes, they usually say something like, "i can't believe that thing is still going!"

a couple other portable vapes you may want to also consider are:

magic flight launch box (small wooden vape, amazing for stealth and flavour)

thermo vape (more expensive, but looks like a solid product)

stealthvape (MFLB style technology, new bullet looking shape)

good luck! and happy searching!

weedemon,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I was gonna make a larger post, but Weedemon said it all I think. Definitely have a look at the Thermo Vape & Stealthvape too. They are quit new though, so there isn't that much info on them yet but that should change in the next two months or so. I'd only have a look at the MFLB if you have a really low tolerance, but no doubt some folks will disagree with me there.

Do keep in mind that the Solo stems are glass, so it would be best to have some sort of protective pouch for them if you use them on the go. Also, partly spend herbs will not stay in the bowl when you pack it up, some sort of cap to close off the bowl would be needed. I have had good results with just partly packing a bowl with a few itty bits of weed, so you can spend it in just a few hits and pack a new one when you want more. But like WD said, it will depend on your tolerance too what will work for you.

OhTheAgony,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I would be one of the ones to disagree with you on the MFLB being a low tolerance vape :D

For its portability, ease of use, longevity (trench wise - you can crush and vape more too). Plus the fact that you are taking thinner, longer hits and holding them in deeper/longer than you would with a larger packer/harder hitter.

I would say the MFLB might be good for you. Especially for small packs as well. :2c:

(Also to address your question) - Leaving a pack in to be gradually vaped throughout the day works as well. I have a buddy of mine who does this.

AGBeer,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i would have to agree with AGBeer as MFLB to be a possibility for you. however, before i continue i do have to point out i've only owned an MFLB and can not personally compare it to other vapes.

on days that i know i have nothing to do all day and i want to just have a lazy day, the MFLB is perfect for me to hit throughout the day. i just keep it in my pocket with a battery around the house and take hits whenever i please. i just pack the trench of the LB once with a solid pack of medium-high grade cannabis which usually can last me most of the day with my tolerance to give me a 'functionally high'. i can take hits casually while say cooking myself dinner, while watching tv, and also can go up to my room real quick to use the WPA with my bong if i want a real big hit.

i also say this could be a potential vape for you is that your tolerance level seems comparable to my own. i vape daily at the end of every day, after like 8pm, with about 3-5 trenches a night and my usage is also roughly a quarter per month.

however, the there is a learning curve with the MFLB which can seem irritating if it takes you a bit of time to acquire the technique. once you do get the technique of the vape down you can blow some comparable clouds to other vaporizers i've seen here especially if you use the WPA + bong which you can buy with the money you save from not buying one of the more pricier vapes.

not saying MFLB is the best vape out there, but seems like it might be a decent fit for you. just my :2c:

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Top Bottom