Label removal question

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hello ! I need to remove a small black leaf label from a hook. All i have is Ultrasonic cleaner ,water ,ethanol. Tried both,dont work at all. Maybe it is not a removable ? I dont have access to simple green and similar but does anyone know what is their main ingredient or what would help with removing the label ? Is it some kind of solvent ?

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

strech

Not really. You slide the razor against the glass not gouge into it. They make handles that will make it easier to hold of you have hand gripping issues.

Vaporware

I haven’t used a razor blade on curved glass, but I’ve used them to get things off of glass panes many times with no problems. I just hold the blade at a sharp angle (close to the glass) and push the whole edge of the blade down the glass at once.

Dragging it across as if you were trying to slice it would be much more likely to cause a scratch.

I’ve also accidentally removed labels by soaking them in 91% isopropyl alcohol for too long, so if you’ve only tried wiping with alcohol you might want to try soaking.

Vaporware,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
A label could be a plastic stick-on or it could be baked on. If its a baked on enamelnot much will dissolve it. For the heck of it, I just went after the label on my SP small globe--I got the maple leaf logo rather than the company logo, but I really didn't want any logo--with a carpenter's knife with a new blade and with a backed razor blade. The razor does a much cleaner job. But not a great job. If its baked on, it seems to be permanently adhered to the glass.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I've read (somewhere around here) that a Simple Green soak removes labels. I've never tried it, though.

Moses Baca,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
For the baked on logos, maybe some sort of acid?

Ramahs,
Top Bottom