Know your connection........

OF

We just had another innocent guy on a tight budget get sucked into a counterfeit Solo by an "Authorized Dealer" no less. Perhaps that dealer isn't above making even more money selling junk as the genuine article?

Counterfeits seem to 'be everywhere' these days. To me it makes no sense at all that a vape like Solo (made in Canada.....) should show up cheap in China, but it seems some are not above ordering cheap copies and foisting them off as genuine. Even 'authorized dealers'.

As the saying goes, "buyer beware". In the dark days of buying from shady Black Market sources 'know your dealer' was common advice (and IMO good advice at that). I suggest we stick with that WRT gear sellers. Buying a Solo from Puff It Up or Planet Vape (both solid supporters of these Forums) is worth the few dollars saved. Not only will you not get cheated with junk, but if you have any problems with the unit there's nobody I'd rather have on my side than Randy (PIU). My first Solo (from him) was DOA (it happens.....). I contacted Randy and he had the replacement in my hands in less than 24 hours! Yes, I contacted him within an hour or so of delivery (when it wouldn't heat), he mailed the replacement that day and the postman brought it the next day. Long before I mailed the dud back. Beat that for service? Not a chance.

Support the Dealers that support us, avoid deals 'too good to be true'? IMO the very last thing we want is to reward crooks that rip off our fellows.

Thanks for listening.

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

I think if an ebay seller or a headshop owner goes on dhgate or ali or similar and buys a lot of 50 grinders or bongs or whatever then can double their money selling retail that's one thing, but if it's MFLB or Solo knockoffs that they get for less than a third or quarter of the real price, it's going to effect 50 people somewhere down the line because those great prices mean buying in quantity. As shown several times on the Solo board the cheap copies either don't work right, don't work for long or don't work at all, and the seller can vanish into thin air when exposed. I got my Solo on ebay from a factory authorized dealer in Canada on sale shipped with extras for about $170 incl tax, and that isn't much at all for something that I use all the time and should last for years so imo there's no need to look for more of a bargain. When a phoney seller is exposed we should name and shame, in the hope that it may save an unwary customer, even though they seem to know how to bug out. One guy posted the link to the ad for the fake he bought and when I checked the price had been changed to $800 or something so the vendor obviously isn't around any more.

Top Bottom