Kindness to stray(?) dogs; anyone else take them in? Random dogness.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thank you tdub! It worked! My boy is home! :party: We've got a long ways to go to get him back to his "own self," but he's smiling and soooo happy to be home. And, this may TMI (but anyone who's had a baby or an animal can relate...) he's even pooped!!!! I'm one happy gal. We're a far cry from yesterday morning when I thought I would have to say goodbye to him.

I'll be spending the night on the couch next to his kennel, in spite of my bad back. I could care less about my back right now. My baby's back! :D

To all of you who cared; thank you. I always thought it was weird to post about personal problems on line, but I get it now. It's a catharsis. By sharing your problems, you get the opportunity to vent and have people support you. You have helped me through an awful time in my life. My heart felt love to you all. :love:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Mom, that is fantastic news! Give Cosmo a lil pat on the head from us at FC :)

t-dub,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
So glad to hear that Cosmo is better! Will continue to keep him in our prayers! :)

Vicki,

GatorJC

What was the question, again?
Thank you tdub! It worked! My boy is home! :party: We've got a long ways to go to get him back to his "own self," but he's smiling and soooo happy to be home. And, this may TMI (but anyone who's had a baby or an animal can relate...) he's even pooped!!!! I'm one happy gal. We're a far cry from yesterday morning when I thought I would have to say goodbye to him.

I'll be spending the night on the couch next to his kennel, in spite of my bad back. I could care less about my back right now. My baby's back! :D

To all of you who cared; thank you. I always thought it was weird to post about personal problems on line, but I get it now. It's a catharsis. By sharing your problems, you get the opportunity to vent and have people support you. You have helped me through an awful time in my life. My heart felt love to you all. :love:
Glad to hear that your little one is doing better. Did they ever find out what was wrong with him? IMHA possibly?

GatorJC,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Did they ever find out what was wrong with him? IMHA possibly?

Thank you for asking. Yes; it was rat bait (D-con). Without my knowledge, my husband (who has been beating himself up about this; poor guy) had put some in our shed to get rid of some critters in there. Cosmo got into the shed.... and we didn't know for days. What it basically creates is a blood thinner overdose. He almost bled out, first internally, then literally. He received two whole blood transfusions (thank you to the dog, Bear, who donated this blood!) and is on Vitamin K for a month to help with his clotting.

I can only urge any of you who use this shit to stop. I wouldn't wish what I witnessed my dog go through on a mouse, much less a beloved pet, or MUCH worse, a child. I think the stuff should be banned.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: GatorJC

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I agree, mom. D-Con should be banned!! We refuse to use it. If one of our cats were to eat a mouse that had ingested the D-Con, they would be poisoned too. :(

So glad your baby is better!

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
He looks like such a sweetheart. I'm glad to hear he is back.

This makes me want to go and give my little puppy a good long cuddle. She looks just like him but in black :)

CentiZen,
Top Bottom