• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

JyARz Storage Containers

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Yeah, I keep giving away my JyARz to friends. BoGo's are my chance to re-stock mine (and give out a few more).

Love my JyARz!

Only complaint is... NEED BIGGER.
:)
(I need something between my c-vaults and my Satchmos.)

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
My jyarz have always been great, but recently one of my classics shattered, and it was right after I just got a fresh 1/8th. had small shards of little glass all over. I ended up vaping it anyways, but I wasn't ever sure how it ever happened. I totally thought these things were indestructable..

Elluzion,

smolderson_bud

Sorry, Guys....I see 76 pages of posts, and I can't find a way to just search within this thread. So, I'm posting in here to ask this question...

Has anyone else talked about the chemical/rubber/whatever odor that there is inside of the 'Satchmo' size Jyarz? It's really nasty, and it isn't just me. It's permeating way into the herb that's stored in it, and everyone else can smell it on the flower when they have a pinch in their hand, or when they pull a pipe close before smoking it.

Now, if it is 'harmless' or whatever, fine. I wouldn't have a problem with it.
However, in this case, the aroma of the herbs is a HUGE part of the entire experience, and when it has this kind of odor, it's just a bit of a bummer.

Your thoughts?
....or, can you point me to where it's already been discussed?

Thanks.

EDIT: I just found the option to search only within this thread. So, I'm good on that...

Last edited:
smolderson_bud,

smolderson_bud

I have no issues at all with oder on satchmos, I got 5 that size. How long ago did you order yours? There was an updated gasket, perhaps you have an older version.

I just got them this week; directly from the source.

The smaller, skinnier ones with the cream colored gasket don't seem to have the same odor, and it's not anywhere near as strong as the big ones.

I just spent a few minutes taking a look at some of the posts in this thread regarding this odor problem, but I haven't gotten all the way through yet. So, I don't know if they accidentally sent me some old ones, or if their fix really hasn't done the trick yet.

Certainly, it doesn't make any sense to use something that has this much odor for storing something like what it's supposedly made to contain.

I don't understand how it could be considered 'Fresh' by any stretch of the imagination if it has such a nasty, overpowering chemical odor that completely ruins the aroma profile of the herb stored in it.

If someone can't smell it, fine. That's their thing. However, those of us that are smelling it clearly aren't making it up; besides it's already been acknowledged as such by the maker. So, we know they know about it, and are actively working on it (which I appreciate).

I'm just not sure if mine are the old or new kind.

smolderson_bud,

olivianewtonjohn

The smaller, skinnier ones with the cream colored gasket don't seem to have the same odor, and it's not anywhere near as strong as the big ones.

I just spent a few minutes taking a look at some of the posts in this thread regarding this odor problem, but I haven't gotten all the way through yet. So, I don't know if they accidentally sent me some old ones, or if their fix really hasn't done the trick yet.

Certainly, it doesn't make any sense to use something that has this much odor for storing something like what it's supposedly made to contain.

I don't understand how it could be considered 'Fresh' by any stretch of the imagination if it has such a nasty, overpowering chemical odor that completely ruins the aroma profile of the herb stored in it.

If someone can't smell it, fine. That's their thing. However, those of us that are smelling it clearly aren't making it up; besides it's already been acknowledged as such by the maker. So, we know they know about it, and are actively working on it (which I appreciate).

Have you tried washing the glass and leaving it all dissembled for it to air out? Also as you use it, the container/seals will become "seasoned" and smell good like a grinder.

EDIT: Also FYI, new glass cores are almost 1g heavier than the old ones with logo. I could only test 1 older logo glass vs 1 new glass because the others are filled.

Last edited:

Newcastle

Stoned!
One of mine with ground bud smells like dirty diaper! I don't notice it when I vape it though. Maybe I should wash that one and air it out again......Or fill it up again and smile smile smile!

smolderson_bud

Have you tried washing the glass and leaving it all dissembled for it to air out? Also as you use it, the container/seals will become "seasoned" and smell good like a grinder.

EDIT: Also FYI, new glass cores are almost 1g heavier than the old ones with logo. I could only test 1 older logo glass vs 1 new glass because the others are filled.

I'm not sure why I would clean the glass in the context of an odor problem.
Are we going to say that the odor is coming from the glass somehow?

I removed the lids and let them sit open for a couple days. Seems to have fixed mine.

OK. I will try that. I have one open already, but the other one has herb in it. So, I guess I will transfer it to something else and let that one sit open as well.

As others said, disassemble and wash with Dawn / dish detergent, and let sit out for a day.
Smell will be 90% gone

OK, cool. Thanks. I'll give it a try, and report back.

One of mine with ground bud smells like dirty diaper! I don't notice it when I vape it though. Maybe I should wash that one and air it out again......Or fill it up again and smile smile smile!

Indeed.

I just think it's awkward that I need to do this with a brand new product.
Seems like it should be all ready to go when it arrives.

Again though, I know now that they are aware of the problem, and are committed to working on it.

Trust me, I'm a big fan. When I first opened the box, and before I smelled the big ones, I said to myself, "Holy shit! These are really fucking cool!!!" It was only after opening the big ones that it took a bit of that initial excitement out of it for me.

If I can get them to be non-odorous, they will be absolutely perfect.
If anyone ever finds something that works to make them 100% odor free (because that is what one should be able to expect with a container that is intended for storing something like this), please post up.

One more thought, just for the point...
If I'm sitting in the waiting room at the DMV and somebody sitting right behind me with a cold keep sniffling and coughing and burping or whatever, it's going to be a bit annoying, but not really bothersome (it's all about the context), but if it were happening the same way when I go to the symphony, it would drive me nuts, and I would definitely find a way to confront them about it.

That's the deal here....it's not like I'm trying to store something in these things that their not intended for. They're actually made specifically for this purpose.

olivianewtonjohn

I'm not sure why I would clean the glass in the context of an odor problem.
Are we going to say that the odor is coming from the glass somehow?

You know you can smell the glass and let us know. Obviously the smell isn't coming from the glass but the glass definitely might smell due to being sealed with the rubber. My glass had a smell

smolderson_bud

You know you can smell the glass and let us know. Obviously the smell isn't coming from the glass but the glass definitely might smell due to being sealed with the rubber. My glass had a smell

Haha, too late :)
I washed them all (took out every part, including the thin, plastic wafer between the gasket and the lid), and they've all been soaking for an hour or so in a solution of dawn water in my [cleaned-first] sink.

smolderson_bud,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Haha, too late :)
I washed them all (took out every part, including the thin, plastic wafer between the gasket and the lid), and they've all been soaking for an hour or so in a solution of dawn water in my [cleaned-first] sink.
Good, the kitchen sink approach. I'd bet money the smell won't survive that. (not much money, but still ;))

I have had a couple smell more than others but none have kept the smell long if aired out or washed.

redijedi808

Interesting, my initial order was 4 of each size and then a second order with 2 each. None have a smell or ever did. I'm pretty sensitive to scent in which I'm quite surprised to hear of this...

I just wiped all mine down with 91% iso which wasn't really necessary but I have a minor case of OCD.

Last edited:
redijedi808,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Interesting, my initial order was 4 of each size and then a second order with 2 each. None have a smell or ever did. I'm pretty sensitive to scent in which I'm quite surprised to hear of this...

I just wiped all mine down with 91% iso which wasn't really necessary but I have a minor case of OCD.
I got my purple for indica today.
My black one is for GSC.

These things are perfect for sessions!

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
I am loving all my Jyarz Aldo, thank you!!!

I am curious, if I buy just the classic glass inserts, will those still have the blue Jyarz branding on them? I kinda miss the label on my new classics:razz: I kinda favor the blue decal over the etched, it just pops.

Nope no more logos for two reasons. First we switched to glass that is 15% thicker. I've found that in some instances the glass was cracking under the pressure from the seal. The thicker glass appears to solve that problem. Second, we are getting more and more requests to do custom etching on the glass, and rather than stock two types of glass we're just going with "clear glass."

I'm also testing a Satchmo style shock absorber for the classic. I'm considering this change because in some instances if a Classic falls onto cement or stone and lands "squarely" on it's side the shock can be (not always) enough to crack the glass. I think (not sure yet) that the Satchmo style shock absorber coupled with the slightly thicker glass should all but eliminate this issue. I'm testing it now ... jury is still out.

I believe the new silicone all but eliminated any odor issues, so I'm not surprised that the new material isn't objectionable ;-)

-Aldo

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Maybe that shock absorber would've saved my insert from all those stairs it flew down? :lol:

I still have 2 spare blue logo inserts :)

KidFated.,
Reactions: ataxian

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Damn, sometimes glass is a bitch and you just find it broken for no reason even when it's a bomb-proof JyAR... :(
SfGSDpg.jpg

JyARz

Manufacturer
Same here @cybrguy , I've given away 8 classics and every single person seems to loooove them! Just gave away my 2 from the bogo sale and they both want to buy more, plus the Seahawks colors didn't hurt:cool:

Edit- now my bro is dying to make a Jyarz style flask lol... No worries about metal detectors at the Hawks games, plus it would only touch glass.

Did you see my response to this? I wrote it but now I don't see it posted? Weird.

Damn, sometimes glass is a bitch and you just find it broken for no reason even when it's a bomb-proof JyAR... :(

That shouldn't happen. Send your address to support@jyarz.com we'll replace it with new glass. Sorry for the hassle.

-Aldo

JyARz

Manufacturer

Are you still having this issue? Can you take a picture of the gasket for me please? It might be that you have an early version that somehow got through the system?

And I agree with you completely, you shouldn't have to wash and dry overnight or anything of the sort. Those gaskets are silicone they really shouldn't have any odor to them at all. They are very pure and clean so I'm confused as to the source of the odor.

Late tx for the new stachmos aldo!

I'm not sure I understand what you wrote? ;-)

-Aldo

Last edited:
JyARz,
Reactions: Roth

VANVAS

I have this odor you people comment at all my jyarz and im agree completly ruin for natural odor of the MJ , just received every piece i leaved open for 1 day long but even i have the odor , do you have some rule for this ? I think the gaskets are old ones.
Thanks

VANVAS,

JyARz

Manufacturer
I have this odor you people comment at all my jyarz and im agree completly ruin for natural odor of the MJ , just received every piece i leaved open for 1 day long but even i have the odor , do you have some rule for this ? I think the gaskets are old ones.
Thanks

You must have the old latex style gaskets because I really think we licked this problem a long time ago. Take a photo and send it to me if you like.

-Aldo

JyARz,
Top Bottom