JyARz Storage Containers

°k

The sound of vapor
What's so cliché about those designs?
Well you don't say ouh la la in french to begin with (not for something fancy or sexy at least) and the béret well it's a bit like picturing every American with a cowboy hat I'd say. Apart from that I'm not too impressed with the rest of the design but I'm obviously not in the target age range. I'm fine with sticking to the plain ones and still looking forward to getting some of the new sizes later this summer.

Caligula

Maximus
Well you don't say ouh la la in french to begin with (not for something fancy or sexy at least) and the béret well it's a bit like picturing every American with a cowboy hat I'd say.

Aesthetics aside, I think your interpretation is out of context. This isn't a spoof on the French or their language.

"Frenchy Canolli" is an artist/hash maker and that skull motif is his signature thing as well as the "ouh lala" quote. As such, I think you're reading into things a bit much here. This isn't some social commentary on America's perceived notions of French culture.

Also I fully understand that there is a deep intrinsic connection between the American West and "cowboy hats". That being said, it's never occurred to me to think it cliché or contrived if I ever see the image of an American cowboy used outside of its original context.

Of course this also doesn't imply that "every American" wears said hats...

BTW, would you still feel this way if you found out the artist was a French/Italian born in southeastern France?

Last edited:

°k

The sound of vapor
I've only asked a question that reflected my first thought when I saw the design.

Aesthetics aside, I think your interpretation is out of context. This isn't a spoof on the French or their language.

"Frenchy Canolli" is an artist/hash maker and that skull motif is his signature thing as well as the "ouh lala" quote. As such, I think you're reading into things a bit much here. This isn't some social commentary on America's perceived notions of French culture.

I don't think he invented the "ouh la la" to refer to frenchies and no matter which way you see it, that and the béret are clichés.

Also I fully understand that there is a deep intrinsic connection between the American West and "cowboy hats". That being said, it's never occurred to me to think it cliché or contrived if I ever see the image of an American cowboy used outside of its original context.

Of course this also doesn't imply that "every American" wears said hats...
Well you mention American West here, and probably for a reason. I'm talking about representing American people by putting a cowboy hat on their head, whether they're from CA, FL, TX or NY. Would that qualify as a cliché for you?

podcast--beret-baguette-et-tshirt-a-rayures-ce-cliche-francais-persistetil-encore-a-letranger--3026-4.jpg

I doubt you look anything like the guy on the left.

BTW, would you still feel this way if you found out the artist was a French/Italian born in southeastern France?
Of course I would... I would wonder even more why he'd have made that decision and would probably come to the conclusion he decided to ride on those clichés to emphasize the French side of his brand/product which for some reason appears to make things fancy.

Edit: fuck... my 100th post is for something like that... my dream of getting the 100 posts/200 likes trophy is now gone I guess... damn frenchies! :goon:

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
Molds are tested and ready to roll everybody. We'll have product starting to post on JyARz.com next week, here's a photo of the first "shots" in the full production environment:

Chico (black) pic.twitter.com/0v0Zs3homO

Satchmo (black) pic.twitter.com/6pxBuAsEJ3

We are so close I can taste it. Again, appreciate everybody's patience...

-Aldo

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I seriously have already figured out that I NEED a few Chico jyarz. You know, I had a welsh pony named Chico, when I lived in CA.... anyway, as wonderful a horse as he was, I'm thinking I'm going to find the Chico jyarz irreplaceable. mostly for herb...

... now that I use a Hammer, with an Ed's TnT stem, I have to carry some flowers with me. a regular Jyar is a bit large for my pocket, and really holds too much for this purpose. I'm seeing the Chico being amazing!

olivianewtonjohn

Molds are tested and ready to roll everybody. We'll have product starting to post on JyARz.com next week, here's a photo of the first "shots" in the full production environment:

-Aldo
They look great! I know you were going to make a smaller and bigger jyar. Is the concentrate (chico) your smaller jyar or is there going to be another one?

olivianewtonjohn,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thanks for the update Aldo!

I am curious, are you using a different kind of seal with the Chico?
Have you had any issues with concentrate sticking to the lid or getting in the threads?

I think I am ordering 1-2 of each size on my next order;)

FlyingLow,
Reactions: farscaper

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery

-Aldo

Wonderful! Set aside two black Satchmo's for me! ;)
Heck, I'll pick up a Chico too!
:tup::rockon::tup:

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Well @JyARz you sold me on the new pictures of the Chico and Satchmo. I must have it. Oh, and update on my jyarz. I know its kinda late but I was leaving my jyarz rubber air out and did hot/cold soap water runs and it seemed to work on getting rid of the smell. I also found an awesome little plastic cutout that fits the top cap. I was so thrilled because this helped by keeping the rubber from potentially touching my herbs (in some way I blamed the rubber for making my herbs not dank or must have absorbed the skunky potent smell I'm always used to smelling when popping open a capsule.) I am hoping you guys can insert a couple for us underneath the rubber so if my issue occurs with others they can remedy it by placing the plastic circle over the rubber which they'll find from removing the rubber (maybe thats how I found it lol.)

For the chico can you make the rubber on the cap non-stick? I don't want wax to get stuck there it would get sticky and could lead to a mess.

Last edited:
CG420,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
@JyARz new pics look good. Definitely going to have to grab one. I noticed the new ones don't have the logo on the glass and the lid has the logo over the molded center instead of centered like your original. Are those what we will get or are there changes coming in the production lineup? Thanks and keep up your great work!!

alltoreup,
Reactions: Caligula

JyARz

Manufacturer
To everybody on this list, all of whom have been so patient!

I am very pleased and proud to announce that the new Satchmo (largest JyAR yet) is now available on JyARz.com.

Note that we're starting the announcement with Granny Green ONLY. Black, Indigo and Orange will be available as soon as possible. If you care to buy one please see:

http://www.jyarz.com/collections/satchmo/products/satchmo-jyar

(Note that our volume discounting software barfed on us tonight - so discounts if you buy more than one aren't available just yet...please stay tuned...it shouldn't be a hard fix).

And, the Chico (for concentrates) will start rolling out early next week...everything is in production but we said we'd make product available this week and we are at least partially living up to that promise!

I'm very pleased with the finished product and I think you will be too ;-)

-Aldo

JyARz

Manufacturer
To everybody on this list, all of whom have been so patient!

I am very pleased and proud to announce that the new Satchmo (largest JyAR yet) is now available on JyARz.com.

Note that we're starting the announcement with Granny Green ONLY. Black, Indigo and Orange will be available as soon as possible. If you care to buy one please see:

http://www.jyarz.com/collections/satchmo/products/satchmo-jyar

(Note that our volume discounting software barfed on us tonight - so discounts if you buy more than one aren't available just yet...please stay tuned...it shouldn't be a hard fix).

And, the Chico (for concentrates) will start rolling out early next week...everything is in production but we said we'd make product available this week and we are at least partially living up to that promise!

I'm very pleased with the finished product and I think you will be too ;-)

-Aldo

Can't wait. Also I believe @JyARz said he was going to do a sale or bundle deal when these are released. That was a few months ago though.

I try to live up to what I say/write so if you can find a post where I indicated an initial discount I'll honor it. I haven't planned on any discounts so I'll be surprised if I wrote that but my memory ain't what it used to be ;-) And I'm very very pleased with how the new product came out and I think you'll find the price is very reasonable for the quality we provide.

How about a jyarz with a little pour spout on it? I used to spoon out the herb into chambers, but now I just tap it out. Works fine but a little spout would be even better. I'm sure you want to make a bunch of new molds!

You are not the first person to ask for this type of thing. For now, I'm just trying to develop and sell the best damn little containers that I can muster. In time I'll think about "options" like spouts and things. My basic concern is that by adding complexity the functional quality of the container will suffer, so I'll only add things that don't compromise the seals etc. Hope that makes sense...I guess I'm a purist!

Caligula

Maximus
Sorry about that Aldo, I don't want to misquote you there!

Anyway, I think this is what I was remembering... your reply was in response to someone asking you about a potential package deal when the new sizes were released:

I haven't worked that out yet but I think we'll offer packages as I can see people wanting at least a large and "classic" size JyAR....maybe even a concentrate version as well. Please stay tuned on this front...

Obviously far from a promise of "a sale or bundle deal", heh. Again, my apologies.

Last edited:

JyARz

Manufacturer
How about a jyarz with a little pour spout on it? I used to spoon out the herb into chambers, but now I just tap it out. Works fine but a little spout would be even better. I'm sure you want to make a bunch of new molds!
Sorry about that Aldo, I don't want to misquote you there!

Anyway, I think this is what I was remembering... your reply was in response to someone asking you about a potential package deal when the new sizes were released:

Obviously far from a promise of "a sale or bundle deal", heh. Again, my apologies.

No problem at all. I was just writing that we'll offer "volume discounts" (if you buy more than one) and I intend to do so...the issue is that right this moment the software that provides that capability is down. But I wanted to offer the new stuff asap, so its up and running without the volume discounts...we'll get that working as soon as humanly possible.

Thanks for the update Aldo!

I am curious, are you using a different kind of seal with the Chico?
Have you had any issues with concentrate sticking to the lid or getting in the threads?

I think I am ordering 1-2 of each size on my next order;)

The lid gasket is Buna-N not Teflon coated silicone. In my testing it hasn't been a problem.

Well @JyARz you sold me on the new pictures of the Chico and Satchmo. I must have it. Oh, and update on my jyarz. I know its kinda late but I was leaving my jyarz rubber air out and did hot/cold soap water runs and it seemed to work on getting rid of the smell. I also found an awesome little plastic cutout that fits the top cap. I was so thrilled because this helped by keeping the rubber from potentially touching my herbs (in some way I blamed the rubber for making my herbs not dank or must have absorbed the skunky potent smell I'm always used to smelling when popping open a capsule.) I am hoping you guys can insert a couple for us underneath the rubber so if my issue occurs with others they can remedy it by placing the plastic circle over the rubber which they'll find from removing the rubber (maybe thats how I found it lol.)

That list disc is in every JyAR. It's a "slip disk" which allows the top gasket to make a seal on the glass without abrading as pressure is applied when screwing the cap onto the top of your JyAR. I suppose you can put it in last and it will all work reasonably well. I think the actual seal won't be as robust but if it works for you, whom am I to argue?

For the chico can you make the rubber on the cap non-stick? I don't want wax to get stuck there it would get sticky and could lead to a mess.

I've had a very hard time finding a good source of Teflon coated silicone. But if the current material is a problem, I hereby commit to making Teflon coated silicone gaskets available.

-Aldo

Modnote: edited to move reply outside of quote tags.

Last edited by a moderator:

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
So if I'm reading that right I can buy the new sizes now but should wait if I want more than one?

You can buy Satchmo in any colour you want… as long as the colour you want is green.
:) [apologies to Herny Ford]

You can buy as many as you want now, but no discount. If you were going to buy 2, it would be US$4.40 cheaper if you wait. That's not a big deal, but if you wanted to buy a lot more, then it might be worth waiting. :)

More Satchmo colours soon.
Chico would be next week.

JyARz

Manufacturer
So if I'm reading that right I can buy the new sizes now but should wait if I want more than one?

As of today, we've added the large "Satchmo" in Granny Apple Green - more colors coming tomorrow and early next week. In addition, we'll get the quantity breaks software working as soon as possible...likely tomorrow.

Nigel had it right. You can have any color as long as its green!

-Aldo

Top Bottom