JyARz Storage Containers

Doktor Dub

i remember aldo / @JyARz saying that bigger sizes would be quite expensive and that he does not see as much benefit vs other solutions like mason jars as with the smaller sizes.

That said, bigger Jyarz would definetely be VERY nice but i am not sure i would spend the money... as much as i love my satchmo and as much as i would like several more the price here in the EU hurts...

my :2c:, have a great day!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
You can't have everything ;) And for sure it's better than something that doesn't exist.
Reviews aren't great? Never saw such ones :huh:
For bigger amounts, I don't know anything better - despite a mason jar - but their size also is limited and they are not sealing so good.
What are your probs with stainless? If you like it more you can use glass bowls, maybe salad bowls, as inserts.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
You can't have everything ;) And for sure it's better than something that doesn't exist.
For bigger amounts, I don't know anything better - despite a mason jar - but their size also is limited and they are not sealing so good.
What are your probs with stainless? If you like it more you can use glass bowls, maybe salad bowls, as inserts.
I just prefer glass, but I guess I don’t have any real reason. I’ll have to look into the c-vaults if you recommend them.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
You make some good points. Great advice on the glass bowls for inserts.
Would you say Jyarz are mainly for when one leaves the house? I'm doing well enough with mason jars at home, so far, but I do like the look of these, and am not sure how they are best used. I have read the thread.
Thank you, and Happy New Year, @Hogni.

Squiby

I just prefer glass, but I guess I don’t have any real reason. I’ll have to look into the c-vaults if you recommend them.

The very best solution for storing herbs in larger amounts is hands down, in my opinion, regular glass mason jars. They come in a variety of sizes from 250ml to 2 litre. They are cheap and can be vacuum sealed. I still have bud from my 2016 harvest that is as good or better than the day they were fully cured and vacuum packed. The jars must be stored away from heat and light as these factors will degrade your bud.

After my bud is fully cured, I loosely pack my bud in mason jars along with a hygrometer, to make sure the relative humidity remains stable, a bodeva pack, 62% or 59% if I can get them, and an oxygen absorber to confirm that the vacuum seal has not been compromised. This is overkill but it gives me peace of mind.

To vacuum seal a mason jar you need to buy a foodsaver set like this.

For regular or wide mouth mason lids...

https://www.amazon.ca/FoodSaver-Reg...36&sr=8-1&keywords=foodsaver+mason+jar+sealer

And the vacuum sealer itself...

https://www.amazon.ca/FoodSaver-FSF...36&sr=8-5&keywords=foodsaver+mason+jar+sealer

After you fill your jar, place the snap lid on the jar and the foodsaver sealer. Place the foodsaver vacuum over the top, press the button and it will remove the air from the jar. Remove the vacuum and sealer. The snap lid will now be fully and tightly sealed to the jar. Then you just screw on the mason jar retaining ring.

I use this method for long term storage for my dehydrated garden veggies and bud as well as anything I want to preserve long term. Dehydrated veggies, for example can remain fresh for 20 to 30 years using this method. I use this method to ensure that I always have lots of food available through the winter ice storms or when we are snowed in and cannot travel into town.

When you open the jar you will hear the familiar swoosh that any vacuum sealed container will make when you break the seal. If the oxygen pack remains flexible you have double assurance that the seal was not comprimised.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
The very best solution for storing herbs in larger amounts is hands down, in my opinion, regular glass mason jars. They come in a variety of sizes from 250ml to 2 litre. They are cheap and can be vacuum sealed. I still have bud from my 2016 harvest that is as good or better than the day they were fully cured and vacuum packed. The jars must be stored away from heat and light as these factors will degrade your bud.

After my bud is fully cured, I loosely pack my bud in mason jars along with a hygrometer, to make sure the relative humidity remains stable, a bodeva pack, 62% or 59% if I can get them, and an oxygen absorber to confirm that the vacuum seal has not been compromised. This is overkill but it gives me peace of mind.

To vacuum seal a mason jar you need to buy a foodsaver set like this.

For regular or wide mouth mason lids...

https://www.amazon.ca/FoodSaver-Reg...36&sr=8-1&keywords=foodsaver+mason+jar+sealer

And the vacuum sealer itself...

https://www.amazon.ca/FoodSaver-FSF...36&sr=8-5&keywords=foodsaver+mason+jar+sealer

After you fill your jar, place the snap lid on the jar and the foodsaver sealer. Place the foodsaver vacuum over the top, press the button and it will remove the air from the jar. Remove the vacuum and sealer. The snap lid will now be fully and tightly sealed to the jar. Then you just screw on the mason jar retaining ring.

I use this method for long term storage for my dehydrated garden veggies and bud as well as anything I want to preserve long term. Dehydrated veggies, for example can remain fresh for 20 to 30 years using this method. I use this method to ensure that I always have lots of food available through the winter ice storms or when we are snowed in and cannot travel into town.

When you open the jar you will hear the familiar swoosh that any vacuum sealed container will make when you break the seal. If the oxygen pack remains flexible you have double assurance that the seal was not comprimised.
Amazing info, thank you! I have a few more questions now about food storage, but i’ll DM you to avoid off topic in the thread.

Hogni

Yep, I only use the JyARz for my supply on the go, maybe for one week storage max. and for extracts. Bigger stocks of herbs are stored in CVaults in a fridge for long-term storage. Squiby's method is a great alternative, esp. with the oxygen absorbers. Not only UV light degrades your bud even oxygen does so over time. And Squiby is right, most herbs develop the best and refined terp profile - but sometimes also the best cannabinoid profile, esp. if they are 100 % Sativas - and the smoothest experience after curing for 3-9 under optimal conditions.

Last edited:

Doktor Dub

+1 to all what @Squiby and @Hogni wrote! I tried so many different Jars etc. and while some look better and are nice to have the best working ones are always just cleaned jars i bought filled with food in the supermarket... ad a Boveda / Integra and store them out of light and you are golden for a quite long time.

And curing is sooooo important for the quality - i love to get a bit too fresh and a bit too moist stuff and then give it the time and love it deserves - very rare to be able to buy perfectly cured Bud...

Hogni

You nearly never get perfectly cured commercial buds. You can't expect a commercial grower to store his harvest over months for best curing. Nearly no-one would pay the efforts and the risks in addition.
The only ways are to grow yourself or - as @Doktor Dub said - buy really fresh material and cure it yourself for some months more.

EDIT: You also should give self-made Malawi cobs a try. A lot of varieties are worth the efforts.

Whisper

I ordered 4 JyARrz on Sunday. Today is Wednesday a.m. and a notification that my JyARz will be arriving today! This never happens!! I am getting an ordered product within a week??? Yipee:nod:!
So, if you are on the fence, because it may take too long to receive, these folks don't mess around. Bravo:clap:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I ordered 4 JyARrz on Sunday. Today is Wednesday a.m. and a notification that my JyARz will be arriving today! This never happens!! I am getting an ordered product within a week??? Yipee:nod:!
So, if you are on the fence, because it may take too long to receive, these folks don't mess around. Bravo:clap:

I ordered my first ever Jyarz from puffitup.com at around 11:55PM on Friday night (1/4/19), and it was in my mailbox on Monday (1/7/19)!

Yep, so long the lid is closed the shock resistance of the JyArz is phantastic.

LoLz, first thing I did before I put anything in mine was hold it straight out in front of me and drop it on the floor on purpose to see how it took the fall.
Of course it was fine.

Hogni

You ever should close the lid immediately after use at least that of the Classic. Just a turn over on the table can cause a break of the protruding glass lip of the glass insert if it gets in touch with something harder lying on the table.

Prophecy

Have ordered one container from all sizes from Vaposhop I'm very happy so far with it. In the satchmo now I can store my week ration and it stays always fresh love it :) and in the chico I store my reclaim from my vapcaps.
The classic is still waiting for his mission, will use it for visit friends etc. for pre-grind herb storage, earlier I have used the plastic container for diabetic test strips that I have from a friend they working very good but now I'm hapier with the jyarz solution.

Top Bottom