just broke up with someone i still love

When you realize you're not longing for her anymore and all that remains of that longing is a fading recollection of your memories of loss, you're almost there. Just give it time and a few shags.

faith&physics,

SunnyHours

Once again, it's up to you to be happy. Honestly, when I was going through my bad breakup, it was one of the worst times in my life. First and only time in my life I could honestly say I was clinically depressed. Then it came to me: When I'm feeling shitty as hell, regardless of where I'm at, just smile a little bit (I know, lame as fuck, but it worked). If you're smiling, it's pretty hard to be depressed. People are generally nicer to you if you don't look like someone shit in your Wheaties, and it can absolutely change your outlook. Doesn't matter if you're still pissed at the world, just smile on the outside.

Hahaha so true...I'm the best example of that :D
About 2-3 years ago...I had the best relationship I've had so far. Anyways, it ended, and I was broken.
After around 6 months of trying to get over her without seeing her, I started getting pissed at the fact I'm not getting any better and that it's been a longlong while.

I started forcing myself to smile. I won't lie, it was to get another gf...
I also started changing my negative thoughts to positive thoughts (again it sounds lame). So whenever I'd think of something that was bad I'd instead concentrate on the good things. IE: instead of thinking about my shitty job, I think about that purple kush I have at home and the Cannalope kush, Rocklock, OG Kush and vanilla kush girls I have growing :rockon:
After a month I started smiling (for real) on a daily basis. And I didn't even do that before :o
And now I'd say I'm about the happiest guy in at least a 40km radius ;)

I've also been single for 3 years...dating a little bit but mostly waiting "on the right girl" (I know, lame again :p)

Give it some time, things will work out fine :tup:

bigtvapes

I hate breakups. The most fundamental need in my life is love. Friends, family, romantic, whatever. I'm nothing without the love.

But I read a lot about relationship and tried to get smart. I've learned this: IF you want to be loved, you will. Eventually.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
This thread is a good read, in several ways...Not all of the advice will pertain to everyone, but there is definitely SOMETHING in here for most people going through this kind of situation. My boyfriend and I broke up a few weeks ago, and I don't think any word other than roller coaster could describe the emotions that one's bound to go through, and the extremes of which they extend, during something like this. That being said, this thread contains several posts that can lend some great perspective!

I figured I'd give this thread a bump, to thank Weedemon for starting this thread and posting here occasionally, and the other members who have posted here; Also, for anyone who hasn't read this thread, regardless of relationship/breakup status, this thread has some good info.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The more time I spend single, the more these words ring true to me:

You can't love someone if you can't love yourself.

I didn't realize how badly my chronic pain affected all aspects of my life, and I mean ALL aspects. I needed to (and still do) work on loving myself, or at least being better than I am now. Still single, but I've been talking to a girl lately that's got my head spinning more than a landrace sativa :)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
The more time I spend single, the more these words ring true to me:

You can't love someone if you can't love yourself.

I didn't realize how badly my chronic pain affected all aspects of my life, and I mean ALL aspects. I needed to (and still do) work on loving myself, or at least being better than I am now. Still single, but I've been talking to a girl lately that's got my head spinning more than a landrace sativa :)

+1

Abysmal Vapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
I am glad that this has had some useful information for others as well as it had been for me. so i figured I'd come back and post how i'm doing since that was 2 years ago it happened.

I still think about that girl and even though I now realise that we were not meant to be together because in the end we were not happy together anymore.

I have moved on and life got better. It felt so awful to have that relationship end. It felt like a death in many ways. It changed me.

Life is better now than it was where I was when we were together for the last few months of our relationship.

I have since found a job that I enjoy.

I have a rescue dog who is an amazing friend and such a good girl. (greyhound, german shepherd, and lab retriever + who knows what)

I have a new girlfriend who is awesome.

Life has tons of ups and downs and we just gotta "ride the wave" to quote 7th floor... :p overall life is worth it and it's important for you to make sure you make time to do what you love.

I still have love in my heart for my first. I think i always will, she was pretty special. but she's not for me. and there are many others who are just as good but in a different combination of ways.

@Abysmal Vapor hey dude! I have not really been on here in quite some time, and not seen you around either! hope you are doing well brother :)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I am doing normally now ... I had a felinoza (cat scratch) gone bad and spent last few days on systhems with antibiotics in hospital... My trial went not so good.. and i was convicted on 1 year and six months... + around 1500-1600 euro penalty... (This happend in a country when average salary is 200-300 euro and the 6-7 grams i was busted with costs 20 euro on the street - 11 euro according to the court.. ).. anyway i hope they reduce it on the second appeal(around october-november soon there will be a date after the courtstaff vacation.. Anyway damage is done.. i would hardly practice what i have learned in my two university degrees... Not to mention i had to wait exactly one year for my sentence since i got busted.. Well life sux.. but it sux good some times :).
I have a new girl.. and she is very hot,young and adores me :) ! Weather is beautiful .. as i mentioned i got out of the hospital today so life will get only better from now on... i hope..

Top Bottom