Joyetech Cuboid Mini 80w VS VTwo Mini 75w

vbeazy

Hi everyone!

I'm buying my first box mod and looking for opinions on these two. Are both of these units okay to always run on 10w-15w and occasionally 30w-40w settings? Maybe I need something less powerful.

Joyetech Cuboid Mini 80w

Joyetech VTwo Mini 75w

It looks like I initially misunderstood, leading to this thread. I was reading about the recommended 30-70w but have realized that recommendation is for their NotchCoil and irrelevant to me. I was concerned with using either of these box mods under 30w on a daily basis. Can anyone confirm that's not a legitimate concern?

Thanks!

Last edited:
vbeazy,

Sketch420

For ecig or herb? You might be on the wrong forum.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ - might suit you better. *If this is not allowed please delete mods*

All I have to say is DNA mod all the way, they are leaps and bounds above most all other mods. You can waste you money on cheap stuff out get quality that will last and has great CS. Though I did enjoy my joytech mod while it lasted, they aren't too bad and pretty smooth.

And both of those mods you listed can hit at 10-15w no problem.

Sketch420,

vbeazy

Thanks for clarifying! I misunderstood the product description.

I'll be using this for concentrates (shatter, wax, crumble, oil) at home. I prefer a smaller pen for travel.

Thanks for the link and suggestion also. For now the DNA boxes are out of my price range, but if it turns out I want to upgrade they're definitely on my radar!

My plan is to pair the Cuboid Mini 80w with a Orb V4 attachment. Total cost $89.98 USD (4 atomizers). I'll have to purchase from separate stores so I'll likely be looking at $20 shipping.

vbeazy,

Sketch420

Ah that makes more sense. I cannot comment as I've never used the orb, they seem to be popular though.

I was able to take an RDA, twist up a big Clapton coil, put a dab on that and hit that bitch at 50watts. Wow what an experience, almost like a rig, good for out and about.

Vapcap, hemp fiber, and a big ol dab work great as well.

Good luck on your venture, I'm sure someone else more experienced will chime in soon.

Sketch420,
Reactions: Squiby

vbeazy

Thanks man. I opted for the Cuboid Mini 80w from China, it'll take a few weeks to arrive but was cheapest. I know the battery isn't replaceable and I'm okay with that for now.

I'm not going to order the Orb for another couple weeks, but it might be ready for 4/20, we'll see!

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
You'll be fine with the cuboid mini. You wouldn't be terribly wrong with the vtwo mini either, both vapes operate just about the same, and are actually quite overkill for your 10-15w use.

I'm guessing you went with the cuboid mini for it's slightly smaller size and maybe it's appearance? I have a bunch of these mods, and they might be my favorite mod to use, due to the size, button, large visible screen, and nice looks :cool: Don't get me wrong, I love my VTC minis as well (same as the vtwo mini) but they're just barely larger, and the screen being on the thin edge of the vape I don't like as much :shrug:

Since you're voluntarily upgrading your battery mod to more than you really need, (good choice) I would highly recommend operating your source orb atomizer on temp control mode. This is leaps-and-bounds above and beyond using regular power watts/volts mode, and it's usually pretty easy to set up, also. Temp control mods allow you to get bigger, easier clouds with a quicker warm-up time, while also making it easy to avoid over-heating and combusting your concentrates, necessarily improving flavor. :p

I would also highly recommend trying out the divine tribe v3.0 atomizer for concentrates; most people who try it love it, :luv: and tend to think it's the best 510-based portable atomizer for concentrates. It's also rebuildable and cheaper than source :| :2c:

I must concede that the DNA-based chipset mods that @Sketch420 has alluded to are some of the more superior, advanced devices on the market. They do tend to be larger and more expensive, from what I've seen, however, and perhaps not the most user-friendly for a first-time mod buyer? :huh:

The temp control on joyetech devices is still pretty damn good and easy to use for little boxes that cost ~$30-40. But I'm just now finding out about aftermarket firmwares like "myevic" and "arcticfox" for joyetech / eleaf mods that significantly close the gap between DNA mods and these cheaper units. Gives you alot, although not all the more advances features of the escribe software. But @vbeazy should probably open his cuboid mini and get that set up first before diving into that TC-nerd crap :D

Last edited:

vbeazy

Yes, baby steps.. ;)

The Cuboid Mini is a lot easier on the eyes than the vTwo, which honestly helped me choose. The main two things I like are the charging port location and single button. Very compact and the big screen is also a plus.

I'll be looking into the temperature control mode right away! Also thanks for the Divine recommendation, I will research after work! I haven't bought the Orb 4 attachment yet, and am sold already, but maybe I'll try more than one. I was actually curious what other concentrate atomizers might be compatible.

vbeazy,

OF

Hi everyone!

I'm buying my first box mod and looking for opinions on these two. Are both of these units okay to always run on 10w-15w and occasionally 30w-40w settings? Maybe I need something less powerful.

Either are just fine at reduced power, but very different from each other (one has internal battery, the other has the option of one or two 18650s. You'll never need two at those powers, a standard Mini (only one 18650) would be cheaper and basically the same thing without the extra back for two cells? Even that is overkill, however, for this level I think. Instead how about the Pico which is a bit smaller and cheaper and still uses 18650s. Or perhaps better still the Power Nano or eVic Basic which have internal batteries (smaller but IMO plenty for most users at this level) and are much smaller.

eVic stuff (Cuboids, Mini, Basic, etc) can also run the myevape software which is a 'step up' feature wise and worth considering?

OF

vbeazy

Thanks for posting! I hadn't considered the other options. I do like the Power Nano, but feel the Cuboid Mini was the right choice. I speculate it'll be more comfortable in my hand, and aesthetically pleasing with the Orb. 80w is overkill but gives me options for attachments that require more wattage, and has a better resale value?

On another note I was trying to avoid models with more than one 18650 (lighter & smaller). Since I don't have any other units that require this battery, I don't have any spares or a charger. I really don't plan on getting a bunch of boxes so an internal battery is perfect for me.

I do admit I pulled the trigger a bit soon before hearing opinions. I'll update when it arrives!

vbeazy,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom