Jeb Bush Use to Smoke Marijuana and Sell Hash at Boarding School

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Don't look now but its Rand Paul and some Republicans helping the effort to reschedule cannabis (CARERS Act) PDF Link. This is one of the few issues that seems to have bipartisan support in D.C. although we still have assholes like Chaffetz who are still in full prohibition mode. I stand with Rand.
I can safely say that I don't "Stand with Rand" on ANYTHING, but I will say that I appreciate that he is on the right side of MJ legalization.

So the New York Post is reporting that the "leak" on Hillary came from Valerie Jarret. Very interesting.

The New York Post’s Edward Klein, citing sources, reported that Obama senior adviser Valerie Jarrett leaked details to the media concerning Hillary Clinton’s private email usage in connection with her duties as secretary of state. "Six separate probes into Hillary’s performance have been going on at the State Department. I’m told that the e-mail scandal was timed to come out just as Hillary was on the verge of formally announcing that she was running for president — and that there’s more to come."

What a shock that someone like Ed Klein might want to foment conflict between Obama and Clinton. After all , what might he have to gain? Can't imagine. Maybe that last line in the article could help us understand.
"Edward Klein’s most recent book is “Blood Feud: The Clintons vs. the Obamas”

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Unions know how to take care of their own. If I HAVE to decide between the lesser of two evils, then the Pro-Organized Labor gets my vote before pro-CANNIBIS. I WILL find my CANNIBIS no matter what. Always have always will. EVEN through the Reagan years! (When Broward County,FL had the most expensive Helicopters in the nation to fight the War on Pot, I still got mine!) Where there is a will, there is weed. If they kill our Unions WE ALL will suffer.
American by birth. Union by Chioce!

Agree with everything you've said, man.

blackisbeautiful

Your point is illogical. If jeb here has ever ran a red light does that mean he should legalize running red lights?

No it means, if jeb has ever ran a red light, and did it on purpose mind you, and decided after running the red light to vote against running a red light, then yes he should be placed in incarceration for purposely doing something of his own free will, but at the same time planning on voting against it later.

It's not illogical to call for justice. If I decided that lemonaide was evil with no good reason what so ever (just like republicans do with mj), and then decided that I would both drink lemonaide now, not get caught, make money selling lemonaide concentrate, making money, enjoying lemonaide, and then placing people in jail for the same beverage consumption, simply because they got caught and I didn't later on........... The point is what you call non logical, the rest of the world with morals and values, calls it justice. And giving the non logical minded people a taste of their own medicine is fine by me.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
According to Reuters, Ben Pollara, Campaign Manager for United for Care, was surprised to hear Jeb Bush come out against Amendment 2, saying that Bush had, “a position so out of step with the voters who twice elected him to the highest office in the state.” Howard Simon, the ACLU of Florida’s Executive Director, also criticized former Governor Bush’s involvement in the campaign. In a statement on the ACLU of Florida’s website, Simon said, “Once again, Jeb Bush is trying to impose his views on medical treatment on Florida patients.” “Amendment 2 is about allowing people suffering from debilitating conditions to access treatment plans that include using marijuana as a medicine, with the supervision of a doctor, to alleviate their pain and suffering.”

blackisbeautiful

According to Reuters, Ben Pollara, Campaign Manager for United for Care, was surprised to hear Jeb Bush come out against Amendment 2, saying that Bush had, “a position so out of step with the voters who twice elected him to the highest office in the state.” Howard Simon, the ACLU of Florida’s Executive Director, also criticized former Governor Bush’s involvement in the campaign. In a statement on the ACLU of Florida’s website, Simon said, “Once again, Jeb Bush is trying to impose his views on medical treatment on Florida patients.” “Amendment 2 is about allowing people suffering from debilitating conditions to access treatment plans that include using marijuana as a medicine, with the supervision of a doctor, to alleviate their pain and suffering.”

Exactly, I mean come on, we all know by now based on the long and extensive history we have known on JB for a long time regarding this issue. He has now basically shown the world that the one thing that he made money off of and did for fun, is the same thing he would later on in life be against. And not something he is against for any other reason than following suit with the party he was in. Knowing for several years that a medicine was denied to those who need it and all for a job position, all for money.

I don't know how these people can sleep at night, knowing they are making money voting against patients getting medicine, and at the same time doing the same things they tell others not to.

Like R's always say, do as I say not as I do.

I think it would be great to have supermans seeing through walls power, then when JB and other R's are supporting laws putting patients in jail, simultaneously I could see at the same next to the documents of those laws in the R's briefcases the various bubblers and 420 dime bags hidden carefully underneath such papers.

Better yet I would use my super strength and surprise the house of representatives with mandatory drug testing only seconds after another law of prohibition gets passed. And all those baked and stoned who stated lies about MJ and who support making it illegal, would have to apologize for being hypocrites for passing laws they don't even believe in or practice, money just for supporting the idiology of the party,. While at the same time secretly acting the opposite behind closed doors.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
No doubt it is disappointing that Jeb has taken this position, and I, of course, think he is totally wrong on this issue, but I don't think it is reasonable to call him a hypocrite for changing his mind in this or any other issue. People have a right to change their minds, and as long as they are really doing that and not just posturing, it isn't hypocritical. New information or more information or different perspectives have caused me to change positions over time on MANY issues without my being a hypocrite. I could cite a bunch of examples but I suspect this is understandable without them.

We have to leave room for people to honestly change their minds. I don't know if that is what Jeb did or not, but it isn't beyond reason to think he may have done so. If he has I think he is really very wrong, but that doesn't make him a hypocrite.

blackisbeautiful

Don't look now but its Rand Paul and some Republicans helping the effort to reschedule cannabis (CARERS Act) PDF Link. This is one of the few issues that seems to have bipartisan support in D.C. although we still have assholes like Chaffetz who are still in full prohibition mode. I stand with Rand.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/10/end-federal-war-on-medical-marijuana_n_6836482.html

---
Republican Senator Joins Rand Paul, Signs Medical Marijuana Bill

Republican Sen. Dean Heller announced Wednesday that he’s adding his name to proposed legislation to legalize medical marijuana on the federal level for states with medical marijuana programs.

Sens. Rand Paul, Cory Booker and Kirsten Gillibrand proposed the legislation on Tuesday.

In a press release announcing his decision, Heller stated, “The time has come for the federal government to stop impeding the doctor-patient relationship in states that have decided their own medical marijuana policies. This bipartisan legislation puts Americans who are suffering first by allowing Nevada’s medical marijuana patients, providers, and businesses that are in compliance with state law, to no longer be in violation of federal law and vulnerable to federal prosecution.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/12/republican-senator-joins-rand-paul-signs-medical-marijuana-bill/

Ok I am confused. How is it possible that these two people shown in the videos (and yes I watched) can think it is possible for them to get away with saying the same thing Democrats have been saying all this time, and yet have it make a difference? So my confusion is what does the blonde speaker and RP speaker in both videos hope to accomplish? They certainly can't hope to change Republican minds to be pro pot with these speaches because these are the exact same things Democrates have been saying for years to Republicans and it never made a difference back then, so why now?

I mean I don't get it, everything I watched in the video is the same thing Democrats say all the time about medical MJ, is there any reason specific that makes what the blonde and RP say to Republicans that hasn't been said a million times before and that hasn't been any help in reaching through to Republicans before.

But when Democrats are winning the fight, all of sudden the Republican Party is holding press conferences with representatives informing the world that they apparently not only are pro pot, but are also apparently pro pot for the exact same reasons Democrats have been saying they are to all Republicans all these years, man what a coincidence, who saw that one coming, hmmmmm, oh that's right only every non republican pro pot person known to man is all.

I can't wait to see what the next fight that the Republican sees themselves losing is, because I just know their will be another press conference with potential presidential nominees telling the world they are on the winning side and coincidently for the exact same reasons mentioned in a press conference that have been told to the same party that I belong to for years. It's like that South Park Episode to have your cake and eat it too. Like when Cartman was learning that lesson with the founding fathers. I know we are talking about the war on drugs and not the issue south park was talking about, but I think you get the idea.

Basically what they are saying to pro pot voters is vote for me, because even though I belong to a Anti-pot party I am so fighting for Pro Pot. Although for Democrats these people are the lesser of the two evils, compared to Fanatical Christian, Republican Scum/Norm. But as everyone who is Democrat knows it makes no sense to vote for any republican pro pot compared to a democrate pro pot, but republicans are insulting and are hoping we are dumb enough when voting to not know any better, besides at this point in the fight, the speakers of the speaches have no choice, they know the war is almost over on drugs, they even mentioned it themselves in the speaches about how 23 states are for it, and 12 more Blah Blah.

Basically what they are saying to anti-pot voters is vote for me, I may be for pot, but I belong to a party that is Anti-pot, which is better than a party that is pro pot and that is with a president that is pro pot, this way it is the lesser of the two evils for Republican voters. This is not suprising, The KKK (another republican dominated party) now allows blacks as members. Behavior this sick repeats.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ok I am confused. How is it possible that these two people shown in the videos (and yes I watched) can think it is possible for them to get away with saying the same thing Democrats have been saying all this time, and yet have it make a difference? So my confusion is what does the blonde speaker and RP speaker in both videos hope to accomplish? They certainly can't hope to change Republican minds to be pro pot with these speaches because these are the exact same things Democrates have been saying for years to Republicans and it never made a difference back then, so why now?
Well, first of all, Rand Paul is the only Republican in that video. Kirsten Gillibrand (the blond) and Cory Booker are Dems. Dean Heller, not in the vid but apparently coming out in support afterwards, is also a Republican and has added his name as a cosponsor.

I think what Paul is after is the ability to keep getting stoned without worrying about getting busted. He IS in Kentucky after all... :)

As I have said before, there should be enough republicans who want to get high or have people who need medical MJ that this really should no longer be a partisan issue, but positions among politicians sadly are rarely as simple as what they believe is "right".

blackisbeautiful

If you want to imprison hypocrites, we wouldn't have a government.

Edit: Although, a government is supposed to govern so I question if we even have one right now.

At Least when flipflopping.

Well, first of all, Rand Paul is the only Republican in that video. Kirsten Gillibrand (the blond) and Cory Booker are Dems. Dean Heller, not in the vid but apparently coming out in support afterwards, is also a Republican and has added his name as a cosponsor.

I think what Paul is after is the ability to keep getting stoned without worrying about getting busted. He IS in Kentucky after all... :)

As I have said before, there should be enough republicans who want to get high or have people who need medical MJ that this really should no longer be a partisan issue, but positions among politicians sadly are rarely as simple as what they believe is "right".

I stand corrected, Thank you.. Ok so only RP was the only Republican speaking. But still, it seems that the R PARTY has so little concensus. It is is like Christianity, some are homophobic while others aren't, if there is not enough consensus just with in the Party, then you've lost my vote because of the same reason JaneWay said to Jokoatae: ("Jokoatae" spelt phenetically,(phenetically probably spelt phenetically)), "We are fighting two wars, the one out there and the one in here"..

Last edited:
blackisbeautiful,
Reactions: cybrguy

howie105

Jebby Boy, and every single republican who has admitted to smoking need to be sentenced and imprisoned for being hypocrits about something they themselves do but vote against. How can anyone belong to a party that has been so anti-pot and admit to being a pothead but not anymore since they decided it was not right for them.

Politicians regardless of party lie, because most everybody in or out of the political process lie as well. Its in the nature of the beast.

howie105,

Gunky

People all lie, to be sure. The scale of the pandering going on here on the conservative side boggles the mind, though. The party, and the country, are held hostage by a small minority of wackos and a bunch of billionaires, egged on daily by the Fox News lie factory. The dysfunction in both houses of Congress is now at some sort of record level. The Republican party has been in thrall to a culture of gaming the system at every level, from voter suppression to never-ending attempts to force what they don't have the votes for by attaching it to some essential bill and threatening-shut downs etc., but never actually legislating beyond the bare minimum and sometimes not even that. Why come up with an immigration bill when you can just shut down Homeland Security unless Obama does your bidding? That asinine letter to Iran... Very few adults left in the party.

Last edited:

Scott A

No it means, if jeb has ever ran a red light, and did it on purpose mind you, and decided after running the red light to vote against running a red light, then yes he should be placed in incarceration for purposely doing something of his own free will, but at the same time planning on voting against it later.

It's not illogical to call for justice. If I decided that lemonaide was evil with no good reason what so ever (just like republicans do with mj), and then decided that I would both drink lemonaide now, not get caught, make money selling lemonaide concentrate, making money, enjoying lemonaide, and then placing people in jail for the same beverage consumption, simply because they got caught and I didn't later on........... The point is what you call non logical, the rest of the world with morals and values, calls it justice. And giving the non logical minded people a taste of their own medicine is fine by me.
So our laws should be based on the actions of our representatives? What are you actually trying to say here?

If a representative breaks a law they should now have a moral standing to abolish that law? Bill
Clinton cheated on his wife so should he have lead a campaign to legalize adultery to make sure to uphold his good moral standing?

Your views of how the Government should work seem very naive.

Scott A,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I think those folks living in Florida dealing with diseases that could be managed easier with cannabis might feel a bit angry with Jeb Bush, I would. We're not just talking about recreational use of cannabis.

It was none of my business whether or not that President Clinton had sexual relations with an intern. That was between he and his wife. I thought that whole thing was so stupid. Bill Clinton was stupid. I want a Democrat in office but I can't handle dealing with the Clinton's anymore.

I want Elizabeth Warren to run. But it's all in the timing.

EDIT
I think Hillary has too much baggage.
I will vote for whoever is running against the Republicans. It's important to get out and vote. We have a vote by mail here in WA state except for a couple counties.

Last edited:

Chill Dude

If a representative breaks a law they should now have a moral standing to abolish that law? Bill
Clinton cheated on his wife so should he have lead a campaign to legalize adultery to make sure to uphold his good moral standing?

Yes, adultery should be legal. It's really strange how adultery is actually illegal in some states. Adultery should be viewed as a moral issue not a legal one. Of course, these laws are virtually never enforced with actual legal punishment or legal consequences... Still it's a kind of silly to have these type of laws to begin with. Just my opinion..

Now, to your point.. No adultery shouldn't be legalized to uphold Bill Clinton's good moral standing, but it should be legalized because it's a dumb law..

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I want Warren to run, but mostly to keep Hillary sharp. I like Warren but she can't win. I would like Webb and O'Malley to run also. For the same reason. None of them can win against Hillary, but she needs to have to work a little. Bernie Sanders too. I want her strong against whatever Republican they are able to put up.
Jeb would be the repubs best shot, but I don't think the base will give him the nod. I'm hoping it will be Paul, in which case it will be a walk off for Hillary. If it is Walker, it will be a little tougher because folks haven't figured him out yet. I'm hoping he will find a way to self destruct, cause he will have all of the Koch's money to run on, and money helps a lot.

Gunky

If you want weed to be legal, start voting Democratic, not just in national races but in state and local ones too. The repubs control most state houses and use their power to gerrymander districts so that they can lose the popular vote by millions but still gain control of houses of congress. They can pass laws that neuter fundraising for their opponents and unions (Wisconsin!). They can suppress voting by making it difficult and limiting hours (and they do!). Most, probably damn near all of these right wingers have smoked pot. They are probably not even particularly against it. But their party organization and the funding available to them forces them to keep pandering to the rightmost elements of their party. Don't help them any more! They have lost their way and care more about their party and staying in power than the country.

Last edited:

Eschient

Giga-Dweebess
Don't help them any more! They have lost their way and care more about their party and staying in power than the country.

The same can be said about most politicians; parties are just the lazy way to write people off as the "Them" that are against "Us." As far as republicans, the majority of young republicans are becoming pro-legalization and the "true" constituents of the right are the elderly who are now becoming open to medical mj to deal with their own health issues.

IMO, if you want legal MJ, stop counting on politicians to do the work for us. Educate the people against it, talk to them, find out their reservations and fears, debate with them, have an honest to goodness conversation rather than taking a side and waging war on "them." People are much more accepting of changing their own mind when they can empathize and understand "the other sides."

DC just showed us that the people are still in charge when they want to be. Even in Florida.

Last edited:

Gunky

The same can be said about most politicians; parties are just the lazy way to write people off as the "Them" that are against "Us." As far as republicans, the majority of young republicans are becoming pro-legalization and the "true" constituents of the right are the elderly who are now becoming open to medical mj to deal with their own health issues.

IMO, if you want legal MJ, stop counting on politicians to do the work for us. Educate the people against it, talk to them, find out their reservations and fears, debate with them, have an honest to goodness conversation rather than taking a side and waging war on "them." People are much more accepting of changing their own mind when they can empathize and understand "the other sides."

DC just showed us that the people are still in charge when they want to be. Even in Florida.

Read this article, it addresses your points:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-the-problem/2012/04/27/gIQAxCVUlT_story.html

The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.

When one party moves this far from the mainstream, it makes it nearly impossible for the political system to deal constructively with the country’s challenges.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That happens to be a very good article that I read in 2012 in the runup to the election. If anything, things have gotten much worse. As has the false equivalency. It is NOT both parties as the press lazily cries in a wasted effort to appear non partisan. It is the Republicans. They have given up even the appearance of governing. Now they just light fires and throw bombs. It is a sad time in America.

Eschient

Giga-Dweebess

Not really, it's an opinion piece decrying the right. It doesn't address the idea that if you want change you have to make it happen rather than waiting for someone bigger to do it for you.

I simply can not agree with the idea of voting for B just to spite A. There are republicans who will support our endeavors, just as there are democrats who still will not. Corruption, abuse of power, loyalty to dollars over people in government is not restricted to one party or another. They aren't even restricted to politics, you can see these types of people in any organization from corporations to religions to the local PTA and your homeowner's association.

I am not going to vote for a candidate that wants do something like give chunks of the Everglades to a waste management company and repeatedly shoots down rights issues just because they also claim to support legal weed while the cameras are running and the polls show high pro numbers in a tough-to-win demographic. That's like handing over my vote to the minority candidate, the female candidate, the gay candidate on principal of agreeing with that identifier despite where they actually stand on anything. If I can't throw my vote around on those labels and consider myself mindful about it, I don't know I could throw it down based on simply republican or democrat. That isn't enough.

Gunky

You didn't actually read it, did you?

Plus you are probably too young to remember a politics where this sort of dysfunction was not normal. We have accomplished great things in this country. We defeated daunting enemies. We built an economic powerhouse the like of which the world had never seen. We built a large, thriving middle class, strove to educate them to the highest standards in the world. We went to the moon and other planets. Our technology, not that of our rivals, spread to the entire globe. We didn't do all that by acting as individuals. We did it by united, cooperative efforts in which we collectively made use of our great diversity. The unions didn't just stand up for decent wages and conditions, they played a major role in building our country. In fact it was once fashionable for even Republicans to lampoon the way other countries suppressed union organization. We live in different times now and it is important to see through the false equivalencies purveyed on tv.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I am not a democrat and I am not a republican and I am not a libertarian. I am an independent. Why claim independence? Because sometimes you have to hold your nose and pull the lever for one party and then a different party all on the same ballot and ..... because extremism exists in every party.

I have leanings I will admit to but cannot find a candidate or party that fulfills all my requirements. I often find myself voting for someone who is the least offending to my view of how I would like the US to work on my behalf. I have a suspicion that most people without blinders on have the same problems I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom