J-B Weld : The Ultimate Vaporizer Repair Tool?

SmokingElectricity

I've used J-B Weld to fix countless things gone wrong with my vaporizers. Custom knob on my DBV, Stir tools, even the glass tootys on the aromazaps.
394080_138417359611866_100003308094273_158511_63815_n.jpg

429576_138416236278645_100003308094273_158509_1918527990_n.jpg

419411_138416142945321_100003308094273_158508_1998591395_n.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

I wouldn't trust it above 100 F...

Not to mention manufacturers have a natural tendency to make their claims slightly optimistic.

:2c:

Egzoset,

momatik

Hmm? An optimistic listing at an added 400 degrees?

Their products have been sold at multiple mainstream retailers for decades; consider the inevitable legal ramifications for creating such a safety hazard.

momatik,
It's guaranteed to not stop doing it's job of making shit stick together up to 400F; it's not guaranteed to release no noxious fumes at 400F. That would be my understanding, and I wouldn't use it on anything that gets heated.

charliedontsurf,
Hmmmm.. I didn't know that. I wonder if it's also what Cleardome is using for his PD-centric glass bubblers and stems.

charliedontsurf,

SmokingElectricity

I'm NOT saying to use this product to fix broken glass, or things that would be very close to a heating element.

SmokingElectricity,

Egzoset

Banned
charliedontsurf said:
...it's not guaranteed to release no noxious fumes at 400F. That would be my understanding, and I wouldn't use it on anything that gets heated.

We have an agreement here and i can think of a pretty a good reason for this:

22etxi.jpg

Please allow me to interpret this tricky engineer riddle if i may...

In essence it appears to warn the customer against a potential health hazard:

Protect yourself (keep exposures below recommendations) by sending the fumes outdoors (local exhaust) when using the product (if material is heated) above 100 F!...

Now tell me... Who still wants to vaporize their weed with this compound anywhere around the vapour path?!?

Hummm?!...

:peace:

Egzoset,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Both ClearDome and Rick have used JB weld in the past. To my knowledge, ClearDome still does.

There have been issues with smell with the JB weld in the past and that is one of the reasons that Rick stopped using it. He now uses a silicone sleeve to hold the stem tip in the glass.

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

I agree with egzoset. and everyone else who thinks this isnt a good idea.

i did notice a taste and smell from the old glass tooty with brass and jb weld. even without having sensed that i would not think this would be ok or safe.

Nycdeisel,

StickyShisha2

charliedontsurf said:
It's guaranteed to not stop doing it's job of making shit stick together up to 400F; it's not guaranteed to release no noxious fumes at 400F. That would be my understanding, and I wouldn't use it on anything that gets heated.

i've used it to attach part of an exhaust manifold, drilled and cut threads into it. and it still holds to this day.
but i wouldn't want to vape off it.

StickyShisha2,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I remember seeing a lot of that stuff being used in auto body shops, along with other myriad 2 part epoxies, over the years. It usually sat right next to the Bondo putty. Very useful stuff but take health concerns seriously.

t-dub,

Bon Dog

I would be careful with this stuff, would work for some applications but not any close to a heat source... unless u wana get super high (but not the good kind of super high :lol: )

Bon Dog,
Top Bottom