Ispire Wand, enail&vaporizer

BlazeDis

They probably just read the description...you might be lucky and get the v1.5...we will find out soon as my unit from them got posted yesterday (should only take a month to get here to Oz :rofl: )
Ha UK for mine . Says 5-12 days but who knows

BlazeDis,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Gdash

I reached out via the contact page to ask about firmware updates for those of us on V00.14. Never heard back, maybe better off asking via the support page but I don't really want to sign up to do so. Anyone know if it's possible or if there's a way to update?

Gdash,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Hi my Wand has just been shipped from Sourcemore but had only just come back into stock so was hoping it was the new firmware
(v .15) but was told by customer service that lowest temp on the units is 450F .
Would really like a bigger temp range so hope Ispire release the firmware so you can upgrade these yourself . Here’s hoping .....
Yep I agree with @LesPlenty . It's probably some customer service rep with little to no knowledge or experience with these products just regurgitating what the marketing materials say. I'm gonna guess you will be ok tho and get the FW.15 that goes from 250-800. They didn't have a lot of the old models and the fact they went out of stock and came back in leads me to believe they are receiving new stock.

BlazeDis

Hi yeah I really hope that’s the case , all the product details on any site I’ve seen say that firmware is upgradable so obviously they’re using that as a selling point . Hope they stick to it @VGOODIEZ have you used the unit for flower at all ?

BlazeDis,
Reactions: RobbIt

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Hi yeah I really hope that’s the case , all the product details on any site I’ve seen say that firmware is upgradable so obviously they’re using that as a selling point . Hope they stick to it @VGOODIEZ have you used the unit for flower at all ?
Played around with it yesterday. Working on different setups. Right now I can get real tasty vapor but density is not where I want and warmup time is about 30 seconds (too long).

I cut down a 14.8mm screen, dropped in in the bottom, filled with 3mm ruby (still need to try boro) and capped it with another screen. It manages but it's not something I'm gonna go all the time because it just takes too long and chews battery

BlazeDis

Played around with it yesterday. Working on different setups. Right now I can get real tasty vapor but density is not where I want and warmup time is about 30 seconds (too long).

I cut down a 14.8mm screen, dropped in in the bottom, filled with 3mm ruby (still need to try boro) and capped it with another screen. It manages but it's not something I'm gonna go all the time because it just takes too long and chews battery
Ok cool so better for dabs and Dynavap then , thought so . I have heard induction isn’t that great for flower anyway but sure I will put this unit to good use .

sesh732

Imaginable
A few caps in, I'm really appreciating the power and convenience of this device with my dynavap. It's really only missing a magnet. Placing one under the battery door ended up being an easy modification with no glues or surgery, just had to fit a strong enough magnet between the circular battery guides in the door. The batteries hold the magnet in place.

My only hesitation was the possibility of the magnet draining the batteries. I'm guessing if the magnet isn't moving, not much drain could happen. Can anyone speak to this?

sesh732,
Reactions: RobbIt

RobbIt

I’m an experienced Dynavap and IH user. I’ve been unable to reliably produce a flower click with the Wand with any of my 2020 and 2021 Dynavaps. I did purchase the flower cups but haven’t tried those with the DVs.

I’ve tried direct insertion variations of all kinds. The most successful technique was to rest the DV on the inside glass ledge and center the lower part of the cap, but that only produced a click about 20% of the time. The remaining 80% either produces little vapor or combustion, depending on my patience waiting for the elusive click.

Luna and Adam and the @Ispire team (division of Aspire) are aware of the issue and have been trying to assist. I don’t think they considered it Pre-distribution, so give them a moment or two lol.

The Wand has the potential to be a great IH. It has unique positive features including temperature control and battery capacity of two 18650s (2 x 3000 mah). It’s functionality with the Dynavap system is still TBD, IMHO.

ps Grasscity has it on sale now

fareast

Just got my iSpire yesterday afternoon. BTW, kudos to VGoodiez on the delivery...I ordered around noon on Saturday and I had the goods in hand (STL area) by midday Monday.

With the DV, I'm using a 2019 Vong stem with a Stinger and 2020M tip/cap on a bong. I've done about a dozen bowls, most of them CBD. I'm getting a click every time. It usually takes more than 10 seconds for the first one, but when it clicks, the DV is immediately ready to produce good vapor, and usually two better-than-decent hits. No need for a dry click with the iSpire. I'm clearing a bowl in two heat cycles, with very dark brown AVB.

I think what's happening here is that the iSpire chamber is deep, so if you have the tip of the cap even with the top of the iSpire, there is heat being applied to the spade area of the cap and the cooling fins. That's not an area that most IHs hit, nor is it where most of us would aim a flame if we're using a torch. So, the heat mass for the Dynavap with iSpire heating is coming from a significantly larger volume than what you would normally get -- you're actually heating what is supposed to be the first line of cooling defense! Net result is big-time cloud potential. I think the combustion risk is higher; I've not crossed the line yet, but the margin of error here seems smaller.

But I love the payoff.

I've done a lot of reading on the iSpire, so somewhere I read that the temperature control is not really relevant when the wand is being used to heat a Dynavap and that the only thing that matters is the click. Is there any consensus about that?

I've done two concentrate runs and both were very good. Probably not as good as the RiO, but not having to deal with a torch is a big plus. Only issue with the iSpire here is that I'm getting remains at the bottom of the cups and no combination of Dark Crystal or iso is making a dent, even when warm. I'm starting at 500F and bumping up to 550F to finish. Anyone else seeing something similar?

I readily cop to the fact that I'm relatively new to dabbing, but I haven't had this issue with either my RiO or Boost Evo.

n0tu2

I own a Flite IH and the Orion V2 (backup).. Picked up The Wand from VGEZ. Got it for my future adventures in dabbing, but had to try it with the Dynavap, LOL.

It works for sure. I don't think it is actually "temp sensing" though. Seems more like a timed run from the point it senses the cup after activating the auto mode double click. I assume the timer is tuned for the cups rather then a DV. Guessing it would take a firmware update with some DV testing to tune it properly for auto mode. Perhaps 3 clicks to activate DV mode? hint.. hint..

First few trial runs I just set the temp to 250 since it doesn't really matter.. it's heating or it's not ..in manual mode. Once Wand is on, one quick click wakes the screen if it went to sleep.. then press button and hold for manual mode. Ring starts blinking red. While holding button down..slowly insert DV into ring until red blinking turns to orange blinking. orange blink indicates it has detected something in the coil and induction has started to heat the DV.

As soon as you see the color change/orange blinking note this is the minimum depth to activate the induction heating. This depth appears to provide hits similar to the Orion. 6 or 7 seconds until click. If removed as soon as it clicks; the first click is mainly flavor and hardly any vapor. Second click little more flavor and some vapor. Third click usually a big hit. Experimenting with depth I went a little deeper each time from when I saw it turn to orange and yes you can get a massive 1st hit and clear in one or two like the Flite IH. Make small/slight increases of depth post orange (quarter inch each go) until you find your sweet spot. Think similar to a torch heating deeper position to depth= hotter.. lower depth cooler/quicker click. Maximum depth in the ring walks the combustion line and begins to heat the fins as well as the cap.

You can also insert all the way and back off once it's activated. Next going to try reverse experimenting : ) note.. back out too far and it will blink red again.

I guess it could benefit from a DV tuned auto mode and some after market mods like a high heat silicon plug/stopper for the opposite side of the ring of different depths to act as a platforn for DV to rest on. A set of 3 plugs.. low..medium..and high (literally)

n

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Dark Crystal or iso is making a dent
Did you try the Bicarb paste or o/night soak in Simple Green?
plug/stopper for the opposite side of the ring of different depths
I used a slice of wine cork in my SJK IH for that purpose.
Hopefully there will be some good discounts on the unit soon as the initial demand slows...it was less than US$100 when on pre-order a while ago and someone earlier got one for US$75(though we never saw a code)!

n0tu2

Did you try the Bicarb paste or o/night soak in Simple Green?

I used a slice of wine cork in my SJK IH for that purpose.
Hopefully there will be some good discounts on the unit soon as the initial demand slows...it was less than US$100 when on pre-order a while ago and someone earlier got one for US$75(though we never saw a code)!
Yes cork would work too. Forgot about that!

n

n0tu2

As soon as you see the color change/orange blinking note this is the minimum depth to activate the induction heating. This depth appears to provide hits similar to the Orion. 6 or 7 seconds until click. If removed as soon as it clicks; the first click is mainly flavor and hardly any vapor. Second click little more flavor and some vapor. Third click usually a big hit. Experimenting with depth I went a little deeper each time from when I saw it turn to orange and yes you can get a massive 1st hit and clear in one or two like the Flite IH. Make small/slight increases of depth post orange (quarter inch each go) until you find your sweet spot. Think similar to a torch heating deeper position to depth= hotter.. lower depth cooler/quicker click. Maximum depth in the ring walks the combustion line and begins to heat the fins as well as the cap.

n

EDIT: I wanted to add to my last post. You can hold the wand in one hand while pressing button and insert DV from behind/opposite side of ring with other hand while looking through ring watching DV's depth and the color blinks while DV is being inserted towards you. until you see the point flashing red changes.
"Thread the Needle!"
You can insert either side really, but towards you the Wand kicks on quicker I think.

Oh , and it's flashing Yellow/Yellowish when it's heating ..don't know why I was saying Orange ... too much DV 🤪

n

EVlL 55

hello all...
iv been testing my wand in different situations with different concentrates and have concluded that for my personal use i prefer not to dbl. click for auto...but just hold the button until i get solid bubbling,..@ °550 & subsequently go back and finish up in the same manner...i also swab between every dab..a force of habit i suppose but going manual mode and using a Qtip(s) iv yet to have anything crust up or blacken...its a very intuitive device that i find more flavorful and controllable than any of the e-rigs iv owned.
(hi-five duo,..candy oens aura & a peak).
the cap works but depending on size & viscosity of the material can be a mess...
i use a bubble cap intended for a 30mm banger...the noodle sits up from the bottom of the dish and really delivers over the stock.
....i was going to have a custom carta cap made by Sundwellerglass,..on I.G. but decided to just send the dude a spare insert to be a little more specific to the device.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
i just picked up a backup from grasscity and with the sale price and 20% discount code found googling its 115$ including tax and free shipping
Yeah they are violating their vendor agreement with what they are doing. We don't do things like that. We try to compete in a fair and honorable way. With that we will price match. Just email sales@vgoodiez.com.

Top Bottom