ISO Alcohol w/o additives

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I am in Mexico at the moment, and you can buy 96 % alcohol without the added poisons. The brand I have in hand is called ' "Las Canitas" Alcohol 96% Etilico sin desnaturalizar'.

I'm going to bring a couple bottles back for cleaning and residual reduction possibilities.

macbill,

itriplots

Sweet, they sell 91% iso (the other 9% is water) at the walmart here in Colorado. You can also get reagent grade iso from any chemical supply store. I wonder what regulations there are for chemical labels in mexico, and I also wonder about the quality control of chemicals coming from Mexico :uhoh:

itriplots,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I just hope you're having a great time there Macbill!!! Glad you found some souveniers to bring home LOL!

Lo,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
macbill said:
I am in Mexico at the moment, and you can buy 96 % alcohol without the added poisons. The brand I have in hand is called ' "Las Canitas" Alcohol 96% Etilico sin desnaturalizar'.

I'm going to bring a couple bottles back for cleaning and residual reduction possibilities.
FYI Etilico alcohol is not the same as Isopropyl alcohol. Ethil alcohol is what we call Ethanol up here. In the US it usually goes by the Everclear brand name. That's the stuff you can drink. It does contain some sugars so it's not the best for evaporation. Iso alcohol is already poisonous, it doesn't have to be denaturalized.

Skunkypete,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Isopropyl alcohol consists of water (purified) and isopropyl alcohol.

I'm not sure of what 'additives' you are talking about.

SpiralArchitect,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
They put in additives with the Ethanol Rubbing Alcohol solutions so people won't drink it.

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom