Is Your Vaping Buddy Live or Digitized?

Godspeed

• Is your vaping buddy Live or Digitized?

I am completing my first year as a medical cannabis user (seizures) and it has been absolutely fascinating to say the least. I had zero understanding of how to use this amazing plant and am very grateful to websites like FC with quality members willing to share their wisdom and knowledge. I also watched countless YouTube channels for cannabis and product reviews, as well as to see what other partakers were like.

With one year behind me, less than five people know I vape, and none of them partake in cannabis. I literally have no one to vape with and share the experience. What I am finding is that I am artificially substituting a ‘Live’ vaping buddy with a ‘Digitized’ one via YouTube with individuals like StrainCentral etc.

Am I the only loner out there that does this or is this quite common?

When partaking with others do you find it more fulfilling?

Thanking you in advance for your valued insight!

hd_rider

Another solo vaporist here. My wife doesn't partake (although she's 100% for it, both medically and recreationally), we tend to keep to ourselves and have few friends, all of whom are separated from us by thousands of miles. But we keep in touch via email, texting, etc.

I'm always up for vaping & sharing, but since we don't know anybody local who enjoys cannabis, I'm left to my own devices.

Deleted Member 1643

Does the experience also change with time, routine, or age? Many years ago, cannabis usage was an infrequent occasion for sharing. Often associated with partying. After so much regular use, it just seems like the best part of the day, a cocktail after work.

Also grateful for the FC community. Locally, relatively few cannabis users have access to concentrates. Most still don't know anything about the flower they're getting, and even fewer have meaningful choices. With FC, don't have to miss out on this great time for cannabis lovers. :peace:

C No Ego

• Is your vaping buddy Live or Digitized?

I am completing my first year as a medical cannabis user (seizures) and it has been absolutely fascinating to say the least. I had zero understanding of how to use this amazing plant and am very grateful to websites like FC with quality members willing to share their wisdom and knowledge. I also watched countless YouTube channels for cannabis and product reviews, as well as to see what other partakers were like.

With one year behind me, less than five people know I vape, and none of them partake in cannabis. I literally have no one to vape with and share the experience. What I am finding is that I am artificially substituting a ‘Live’ vaping buddy with a ‘Digitized’ one via YouTube with individuals like StrainCentral etc.

Am I the only loner out there that does this or is this quite common?

When partaking with others do you find it more fulfilling?

Thanking you in advance for your valued insight!

the side effects from cannabis use are more open mindedness and greater acceptance to what you hold dear inside... Because real life cannabis users are generally not open about their cannabis use I found a healthy outlet researching What cannabis is doing in our biology... example... the lipophilic nature of phyto-cannabinoids in cannabis allow better neuroplasticity in your endocannabinoid system... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16328555
[Endogenous cannabinoid system. Effect on neuronal plasticity and pain memory].
learning this type of stuff is like a true friend in terms of fascination and possibility... unless the people you know are biochemists expect them to know very little of cannabis

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
The only people I vape with are smokers so I'm lucky to be able to chat with some super cool people on here.

Same here, I have a friend who switched to vaping and one that does both but usually I'm alone among many smokers.
Unfortunately my girlfriend seems unable to vape without having a coughing fit so when I'm at home I need to live with a joint smoker.

Many years ago, cannabis usage was an infrequent occasion for sharing. Often associated with partying. After so much regular use, it just seems like the best part of the day, a cocktail after work.

Same for me, when I was younger it definitely was more a social thing and smoking alone was uncommon, now I enjoy my solo sessions more.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Same here, I have a friend who switched to vaping and one that does both but usually I'm alone among many smokers.
Unfortunately my girlfriend seems unable to vape without having a coughing fit so when I'm at home I need to live with a joint smoker.

That's really interesting, I have a friend who has been using my vaporizers for a few years, but coughs every time they use my vapes, I never noticed them to have such coughing fits when smoking. I don't know if the vapor is just acting as an expectorant to clean them out or they genuinely just cannot handle vaporizing?

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I grew up smoking with tons of friends in high school and college. Fast foward 20 years and 90% of the time i vape alone. My best friends smokes and when i switched to vaping, i had to get him a rig and tools to vape with so i had a "live" buddy to vape with and chill with. It has tough chilling with him and smell smoke all night.

Otherwise, im on FC sharing shit with you folks and reading about yall vape experience. And i enjoy it each day. But I have to say, it is nice to be able to vape and chat about vapes with a "live" buddy in his backyard while drinking beers and grilling burgers.

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
At this point I would welcome an imaginary vaping buddy.

If anyone has an extra one please send her over!

Perhaps the Vapestress 2.0 might be to your liking? Comes with adjustable lips to fit any size stem.

vOvZubs.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have cannabis friendly friends in "meatspace" (vs. "cyberspace"), but none them are as into the hobby as I am, so they are mostly people that smoke and/ore dab concentrates, and may own one vape that they use sometimes, and most have family/otherwise busy lives like we all do and it's hard to find time to get together with friends and share cannabis these days.

So, most people I discuss this sort of a thing with on a regular basis are online.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Yeah, I miss having someone to partake with. Every once and a while I take a few tokes or even less frequently have a full session, but yeah most don't vape at all or very little. I don't get it. Even people whom I have given vapes to still smoke most of the time or at least some of the time. Again, I don't get it. But I do miss those nice long sessions of goofing around with ridiculous conversations and chillin to music. I miss having friends to get high in wax museums with.

Squiby

I vape alone 90% of the time.

This forum is my strongest link to other vapers.

In my younger years my cannabis consumption was purely a social and recreational activity during parties or small get togethers. All my friends were stoners.

Then I moved across country and never met very many people who enjoyed bud. I have a few close friends now that vape or smoke bud. We get together occasionally but we are all largely solitary users.

Last night I went out with a group of friends to celebrate Robby Burns day. The traditional Scottish meal with Haggis was fabulous. I was the only stoner in the group.

It will be interesting to see the now this evolves as legalization expands. I hope to see more people enjoying bud and less alcoholic consumption. How long will it take for cannabis to become more socially acceptable?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I have a few relatives and friends to vape with but most of the time, due to life's time and geographical constraints, the only person I vape with consistently is my wife. So to answer the OP's question....my vape buddy is live.

I recently had an unusual occurrence....a multi generational family session. My brother, his son, my other brother's son and daughter and of course my wife and I. This happened in rec legal Vegas at my brother's house. This was a first and everyone is well over 21. The youngins of the group were so stoked to be getting high with the hipsters. One of the youngins lit up a joint and the hipsters wouldn't hit it and strongly suggested he move up to vaping like us. Of course we beat the "vaping is healthier" drum until their ears started bleeding. I guess we can all agree on two things though....love of cannabis in various forms and we'll always be protective parents even when we're farting dust and they're hipsters themselves.

Another recent unusual event....since coming out of the cannabis closet my daughters have come to understand my affection for our favorite plant and have come to understand that cannabis users are not stereotypical "stoners". My kids never got into using drugs/alcohol and it was a huge eye opener for them when they realized that their Dad had been using for 4 decades. Well...one of my daughters recently fell for a guy who gets high. When he found out she told me he uses he felt uncomfortable about it even though he knows about me. Weird how the stigma is so entrenched. I wanted to buy him a vape for Christmas and my daughter said "OMG! Don't even think about it. He's already self-conscious about you knowing". His family is very conservative.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Loner in RL here but I have some friends local who smoke, we never session together though. RL commitments like kids and work, perhaps one day. My son's smoke but will vaporize because the desktop vape rocks their world. So some RL sessions happening.

Mostly all my vaping buddies are here, though it still feels detached and not as fulfilling as the good ole days of getting together in the basement listening to music and ripping off 2ft straight tube bongs with 3 or 4 other peeps. I try to share what I can like we're here together chillin :cool:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I mostly vape alone unless my brother is over. He’s my main vape buddy and we usually have a session when he stops by after work.

That's really interesting, I have a friend who has been using my vaporizers for a few years, but coughs every time they use my vapes, I never noticed them to have such coughing fits when smoking. I don't know if the vapor is just acting as an expectorant to clean them out or they genuinely just cannot handle vaporizing?
This happens to all the smokers when I give them a hoot on my vapes. Something about smoking makes their throat unable to handle vapour. I know that when I made the transition from smoking to vaping that it hurt for a bit.

Top Bottom