Is your Cloud still working?

Is your VapeXhale Cloud still working?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

green2brown

I think a big issue with this poll is that a number of members have had multiple Clouds (either by purchasing multiple units or by warranty replacement) and thusly may have both dead Clouds and thriving Clouds. In my case, I've had 3 Clouds die and I have one still functioning (though it's in the process of dying, showing all the same symptoms that my prior units did before complete failure). So I could potentially choose either of the options listed above, "still running" or "no longer with me."

green2brown,
Reactions: Kief

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
What sign and symptoms is it showing? Did you know your previous units were about to die?

Gonzo,

green2brown

A few key signs that made it pretty obvious they were on their way out... 1. the unit became increasingly hot, to the point of occasional combustion at max, 2. the heat up time extended from ~10 minutes to over 30 minutes, and 3. the unit isn't always willing to heat up, sometimes requiring me to give up for a few hours before flipping the switch again.

One of my failed units, which suffered from these exact symptoms prior to its death, was sold in the Classifieds and taken apart by the buyer in an attempt to fix it. He found that a soldered wire had come detached.

green2brown,

max

Out to lunch
But doesn't a 75% success rate not make people feel a bit better? I actually thought the numbers would be reported back higher for the non working units.

That's is how it feels in the VXL thread. It sounds like every cloud is doomed to fail and eventually will. But it turns out that there are many members who seem to have a working unit over failed ones? at least by this sample.

I think it's cool to see that it seems that more clouds are alive than dead. It's just that the squeaky wheels that are "singing" over in that thread and it gives a disproportionate view in the other direction.
I agree, but I wonder about the validity of either 'poll' when they're basically opposite results. This one looks nice if you have a Cloud or intend to buy a used one, but what does data from only about 50 people tell you about a product's reliability? I'm uneasy accepting either poll result.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom