Is there a earth friendly vaporizer?

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I am reading some "earth friendly", low impact kind of talk or marketing BS like this applyied to vapes.

It seems that using a wooden housing put a vape in an environmental sustainable self claiming position (while using a 18650 battery that is a concentrate of chemical waste)

I mean, desktop units use AC or DC so if it is green energy they are less environmental aggressive I guess

I think seriously that only butane vapes should be entitled to claim a label of sustainability (amongs portables): a wooden art oject like @vapman or clever solutions like @VapCap or @StickyBricks or what seems to be a buthane sublimator, meaning @supreme or butane log @lotus but also @vaponic or @hammer plus all the pletora of butane vapes should be the only ones entitled to be labeled as sustainable vaporizers as they use nearly 0 or none electronics and a relatively clean power source.

That being said it is no news that marketing / branding tells stories (in order to sell) not the true :)

Squiby

Given that the Vapcap is the only "butane" vape, that I am aware of, that uses any external heat source, be it jet lighters, bic lighters, stove elements, candles, campfires and even SOLAR heaters, it should sit prominently at the top of the list of environmentally friendly vapes.

The OG Vapcap glass version aside, the probable lifespan of the VC, especially the Omni, should exceed my lifetime. With very few parts and only orings and maybe screens likely to ever require replacement, my VCs will be passed down to the next generation and hopefully never contribute to a landfill.

herbivore21

Given that the Vapcap is the only "butane" vape, that I am aware of, that uses any external heat source, be it jet lighters, bic lighters, stove elements, candles, campfires and even SOLAR heaters, it should sit prominently at the top of the list of environmentally friendly vapes.

The OG Vapcap glass version aside, the probable lifespan of the VC, especially the Omni, should exceed my lifetime. With very few parts and only orings and maybe screens likely to ever require replacement, my VCs will be passed down to the next generation and hopefully never contribute to a landfill.
Man I should say that the viton o-rings on the omnivap are polymers that are almost doubtlessly not environmentally friendly to manufacture nor dispose of. This is not a component of the OG glassy though, but there is silicone there of course. Most vapes use one polymer or another in this way. You are definitely right to say that the vapcap can be heated by any heat source though and for that reason it could be one of the easiest ways to get an environmentally friendly vape. :)

MinnBobber

Earth friendly vape IMO has two parts:

1. the initial build. What materials, are they sustainable, etc

2. How earth friendly is the on-going use, probably most important/ biggest factor
I'd do an educated guess that electric powered is most earth friendly as power plants have very clean emissions, compared to hitting your butane torch with no emission controls / spewing CO2 etc. Does the power plant or the butane torch spew more crap?

3. adding a third component :) Expected life of vape, what happens at end of life, is device recyclable, etc. This might give the edge to electric desktops, as they have no batteries to dispose of ??
I saw a study about total environmental impact of different cars. From "birth, use, and death" of the cars, a Mercedes C class was ranked above the Toyota Prius, when you look at the complete picture.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Perhaps The Okin which uses wood charcoal as a heat source. There was even that human-powered vape involving pulling a string ...
+1 for Okin!!

My friend made a butane vape out of a stick and some hardware piece, forgot what it was. Used the hardware piece later for his car and threw the stick back to nature. As good as it gets.

a6JdAFm.jpg

Baron23

@Squiby - I love my vapcaps also but think we do need to recognize the Vapman, the Lotus, the Daisy, Stickybricks and perhaps others that are heated by external butane source.

Baron23,

Squiby

@Baron23

You isolated a snippet of my sentence and presented it out of context.

I have 3 Vapmans and a Lotus. They are both fantastic butane powered vapes. But that's not my point.

My point was...

Given that the Vapcap is the only "butane" vape, that I am aware of, that uses ANY external heat source, be it jet lighters, bic lighters, stove elements, candles, campfires and even SOLAR heaters, it should sit prominently at the top of the list of environmentally friendly vapes.

The Vapcap offers a diversity of heating options.

As far as I know the Lotus is dependant on a single jet flame butane lighter. The Vapman is dependent on either electricity or a single jet flame butane lighter.

If TSHTF and electricity and butane became unavailable, or if you found yourself off grid without a butane supply, the Vapcap would be the only vape of these three that would still be functional.

Baron23

@Baron23

You isolated a snippet of my sentence and presented it out of context.

I have 3 Vapmans and a Lotus. They are both fantastic butane powered vapes. But that's not my point.

My point was...

Given that the Vapcap is the only "butane" vape, that I am aware of, that uses ANY external heat source, be it jet lighters, bic lighters, stove elements, candles, campfires and even SOLAR heaters, it should sit prominently at the top of the list of environmentally friendly vapes.

The Vapcap offers a diversity of heating options.

As far as I know the Lotus is dependant on a single jet flame butane lighter. The Vapman is dependent on either electricity or a single jet flame butane lighter.

If TSHTF and electricity and butane became unavailable, or if you found yourself off grid without a butane supply, the Vapcap would be the only vape of these three that would still be functional.
Ah, I see now.....missed the emphasis on ANY source of heat and at that I probably have to agree.

Digital communications, without body language or other context, is so subject to misunderstandings. The sentence could be read multiple ways, I think.

I just didn't read it that way initially but now I see what you were trying to say. Apologies.

Cheers

tepictoton

Hehe

only earth friendly I can think of is getting some hot rocks from a volcano...

I am having a hard time imagining how to make that more user friendly?

Silicone gloves will be needed to handle the stones...so there goes the earth friendly again...

No, I do not know of a earth friendly vape, nor of any vape companies claiming to be more sustainable then others.

The Okin does come to mind...

tepictoton,

Kanna_Kult

What about a steam chalice? That's just clay, bamboo, a gourd /coconut, and it uses charcoal as a heater. Kinda like a hookah. Saw them on here a few years ago.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
The vaponic can use pretty much all the same heat sources as vapcap, in pretty much the same way. It has a tiny bit of silicon, though.

The Vaporgenie can use torch or candle flame, hempwick, match, stick from the fire etc, and has no o rings or silicon, so i would put that one up there near the top too.

Note, some models have plastic mouthpiece, but others like my vg coil are simply stainless steel and a ceramic heat exchanger.

j-bug

Could be that all vapes are earth friendly becuase of efficiency of vaporizing compared to combusting and decreased water usage from needing less medicine.

Cannabis is a thirsty plant, and if grown indoors uses a lot of electricity, so I think efficiency in a vape is perhaps also something that should be considered in terms of the overall environmental friendliness of a particular vape over another.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I remenber a short thread in the portable vaporizer section about a vape using exclusively the light of the sun!
And another one using a classic candle too

edit: tried to find this threads but they seem to don't exist anymore, even in the abv section...

Last edited:

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
being alive is not earth friendly ... i strive for a user friendly vaporizer, i.e. no plastics or nasties in the vapor/air path.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes
Top Bottom