Is the Purple Days good for a dorm room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeg05

I am new to this site and vaporizers. I have been researching vaporizers for about 3 months now and I think the purple days is best suited, but I would like some input. I live in a dorm room (single) and I am worried about the smell, people have posted that the best thing to do is open a window but I don?t have that option. I live in a 10x10 room with a smoke detector in the center of the room, there appear to be no smokers in my entire Hall (very quite hall) and my RA only comes by on her round so I guess my question is would I be safe from detection with this vaporizer? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
P.S
Should I be concerned with the fire alarm/detector going off while using a vaporizer, and would a purple days vaporizer standout on m book shelf. I just figure if it is hidden it looks more conspicuous.

jeg05,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
vapor shouldnt set off smoke alarms, i believe someone tested this and in order to set it off they had to take a huge hit and blow it directly on the smoke detectro

personally ive vaped in the same room with my parents (not 420 friendly) and they havent noticed a thing, the smell isnt nonexistent, but it goes away very quickly and doesnt travel

the pd is especially suited for this becuase its on the lower end of vaporization temperatures, and it has a small bowl

i doubt it would stand out at all, and even so, you could just keep the aromatherapy cap on and its a nice looking aromatherapy diffuser, i just leave mine out in the open in my room and my mom hasnt even commented on it after 2 months

Acolyte of Zinglon,

prk

ABSOLUTELY. Do it. I wouldn't smoke any other way in a dorm, to tell you the truth. I have friends that use a pipe, open the window, turn on a fan and spray Febreeze. All of that gets real old around January in Michigan - gotta love the PD.

AofZ, I believe that would only work with smoke detectors that are triggered by heat. You'd probably have to blow the vapor right into the machine. I vape right underneath my smoke detector all the time.

prk,

jeg05

thanks for the info i feel a lot less sketched out about using the purple days vaporizer in my dorm, oh an prk i live in maine so i know what u mean when you talk about cold, haha we just had a cold snap and our high here was -10 that was without the wind. again thank you both for the info.

jeg05,

Beezleb

You can always blow your vapor into a trash can that has dryer sheets in the bottom of it. The smoke detector should not be an issue as its not smoke and the heat aspect is mute because the heat, the vaporizer would have to almost be under it for it to sense it.

The pd would be ideal for a dorm because of its size and that it doesnt look like anything sketchy such as a whip vaporizer might. I wouldnt keep it out on desk normally though, I would keep it in a drawer or something when not in use so it didnt draw attention.

Beezleb,

prk

Beezleb said:
You can always blow your vapor into a trash can that has dryer sheets in the bottom of it. The smoke detector should not be an issue as its not smoke and the heat aspect is mute because the heat, the vaporizer would have to almost be under it for it to sense it.

The pd would be ideal for a dorm because of its size and that it doesnt look like anything sketchy such as a whip vaporizer might. I wouldnt keep it out on desk normally though, I would keep it in a drawer or something when not in use so it didnt draw attention.
Definitely +1 to this. I keep mine next to/behind some books on my desk, and the tubes out of sight in a drawer. The PD is very low-key, but still could easily attract odd looks or suspicion. I also usually keep the aromatherapy cup in it, with or without anything in it, on top of the PD when I'm not using it.

prk,

jeg05

oh sorry sent b4 i was finished, so prk are u saying that the pd with aromatherapy cup on can still attract attention. my concern is this, we have 3 random room checks a semester and I dont need them coming accross a vaporizer that looks like a vaporizer, does anyone think is some one were to see the pd at a quick glance would think its a vaporizer? these check concist of opining the door and checking for safety hazards, they just dont tell us when there going to do, it they just do it and let us know what the findings were.

jeg05,

Frickr

i got a small safe that i keep all my stuff in out of sight in a drawer. even if they were to come in and check and find that safe, they still cant open it. plus its easier to carry stuff in and out of the dorm unnoticed. plus i feel more secure knowing that my roommate or someone wont be going through and pinchin my stash, or using my stuff without me there.

i think i paid 25 for it at walmart and is decent size. the only problem is is you wouldnt have your pd plugged in 24/7 but if your tubes are in the safe along with your stash, then raelly your pd is just a 150 dollar aromatherapy cup.

which i think you shouldnt have a problem having that in your room verse a candle. i know my dorm prohibits any kind of open flame so you still be within safety guidelines. i am hoping to try the pd in my dorm soon though, just got to save my money up a bit more....

Frickr,

max

Out to lunch
does vapor come out of the stem of the pd when i am not inhaling?
Nope.

are u saying that the pd with aromatherapy cup on can still attract attention.
Only if they're familiar with the vaporizer market and have seen the PD. Even if you've seen a few vapes, you wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the PD was a vape unless you saw the vapor tubes with the unit. It's a legit aromatherapy diffuser. Pick up a few bottles of essential oils and visit your hardware store for some extra copper caps. Use it as a diffuser and no one will suspect it's anything else.

max,

prk

max said:
does vapor come out of the stem of the pd when i am not inhaling?
Nope.

are u saying that the pd with aromatherapy cup on can still attract attention.
Only if they're familiar with the vaporizer market and have seen the PD. Even if you've seen a few vapes, you wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the PD was a vape unless you saw the vapor tubes with the unit. It's a legit aromatherapy diffuser. Pick up a few bottles of essential oils and visit your hardware store for some extra copper caps. Use it as a diffuser and no one will suspect it's anything else.
Yup yup. I'd go with Frickr's suggestion of keeping your stash, vapor tubes, etc in a secure spot (whether that's a safe or not is up to you.) They inspect our rooms over breaks, and I've left my PD plugged in on my desk with no problem.

prk,

jeg05

well thanks everyone for all the info about PD and dorm life i feel a lot better getting one for my dorm i think i will be getting a PD in a week or two. thank again everyone for the tips and i will see you all around the site (well i wont really see you but u know what im saying)

jeg05,

Beezleb

Please write a review of it you get one.

Looking forward to see how it fits for you. Im sure it will be great.

Beezleb,

Frickr

you using your student loans for one too? im just waiting on the check and thats the first investment i get with my personal money i took out

Frickr,

TravisF

jeg05 said:
thanks for the info i feel a lot less sketched out about using the purple days vaporizer in my dorm, oh an prk i live in maine so i know what u mean when you talk about cold, haha we just had a cold snap and our high here was -10 that was without the wind. again thank you both for the info.
This is highly unrelated to the topic, but -10 being cold make me laugh a bit. Up here in Yellowknife canada is cold. Tomorrow is supposed to be -42 without the windchill :D

TravisF,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
believe me, having a vape in your dorm is the BEST possible decision you could ever make. i will say though that if you dont have a window or something else to ventilate, it will stink the place up. i use my extreme all day every day in my dorm and have yet to run into problems (knocks on wood). the other day my roomate was in mid vape session when one of our CA's came and knocked. she didnt suspect shit. to be honest, i would tell anyone to get an extreme for a dorm because of its quick heating capabilities since you dont want to leave it out all the time. i am going to eventually buy a PD and use it here though.

illadelph,

jeg05

hahaha TravisF you win the colderst we have goetten was -50 and i think that was with a windshill. hey thats pretty cool ur from yellowknife i love that show iceroad trucker. And illadelph I have had my PD for about a week know and i ahve not had a problem with a smell and i rarely crak my window, what i do if i have a toilet paperrole taped to the open end of a trashbag, also i tape a swiffer thing at the end of teh tupe in the bag an stuff somemore swiffer things in side of the tupe. then when i am ready to us the PD i blow the vape into trasgbag and the moisture for my breath creates condestation inside ter bag and the vape sticks tot he sides of the bag and in a few minture it seems to go away. give it a try it seems to work well.

jeg05,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
holy shit son that is sketchy Mc sketch 101 right there^ :ninja:

cool? I guess if it really comes to that point

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
jeg05 said:
hahaha TravisF you win the colderst we have goetten was -50 and i think that was with a windshill. hey thats pretty cool ur from yellowknife i love that show iceroad trucker. And illadelph I have had my PD for about a week know and i ahve not had a problem with a smell and i rarely crak my window, what i do if i have a toilet paperrole taped to the open end of a trashbag, also i tape a swiffer thing at the end of teh tupe in the bag an stuff somemore swiffer things in side of the tupe. then when i am ready to us the PD i blow the vape into trasgbag and the moisture for my breath creates condestation inside ter bag and the vape sticks tot he sides of the bag and in a few minture it seems to go away. give it a try it seems to work well.
Can you post pics of you doing this?

KeepCalm,

jeg05

Hennessy1414, lol i agree that it souds sketchy and it should i did it when i was pretty vaped...lol, but i still ise it necuase to ne honest it works relaly well. KeepCalm I would post picture but ia cant i dont have a cam, sorry but it is pretty simple just take a cardboard roll and take a some fabric softiner and tape it on one side of the roll then stick that closed side into the trash bag and tape the plastic around the roll and make sure there is airflow, when its all tape up and you have airflow thorugh the roll stuff 1 or 2 more softiners in the roll and ur good to go ;), i hope my sketchy nature :uhoh: helped out. oh and by the way i thing any nive smelling fabric will do, i use swifter sheets. good luck.

jeg05,

TravisF

Haha, man, everyone knows where yellowknife is cause of Ice Road Truckers, its quite amusing.
Its a whole different world up here, being isolated from everyone. That garbage bag contraption seems tricky, on a scale of 1-10. 10 being the strenght of weed smoked from a pipe. What would vaping rate at?

TravisF,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom