Is the Mighty worth the extra $$$ vs. the Solo2?

ZC

If it was just between those two I'd go SOLO. I don't like the mighty very much at all but I like the solo's glass stems and overall use/form factor.

But, as others have said I'd skip both anyways in favor of some of the high surface area on-demand vapes like milaana, splinter, iHeat, Lil' But, Grasshopper, Vapcap, etc.

Both the mighty and the solo are way down on my list of desirable vapes but everyone's needs are different.

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
I'm glad to hear you went with the Mighty. You won't be disappointed - it is a beast and full of power. The form factor leaves something to be desired, but for around the home, it is the shit. Make sure to pick up a stand that slides on the bottom so it can stand up. They're life savers!

You'll be able to do so much with the Mighty - grab some dosage caps and let it roll. You'll be able to microdose like a champ or breath clouds like a dragon taking a drink that goes down the wrong way.

shredder

The Mighty is hands down the best portable flower vape money can buy.

With a muzzmod style attachment it does indeed compare to the mighty VapeXhale cloud.

I bought my Mighty when they cost $460 and I have 0 regrets.

I haven't tried all the Vapes out there, but I agree that the mighty might be the best portable out there.

There are smaller portables, and some with nice features but when you add up, the taste, the battery life, ability to vape concentrates, the capsules, the gear to load and carry capsules, ability to be a great pass around vape for multiple or single micro dose users, the mighty stands alone.

Mine is going on 40 months old and like you I paid top dollar for it. When and if it pukes, I'll buy another.

If it was just between those two I'd go SOLO. I don't like the mighty very much at all but I like the solo's glass stems and overall use/form factor.

But, as others have said I'd skip both anyways in favor of some of the high surface area on-demand vapes like milaana, splinter, iHeat, Lil' But, Grasshopper, Vapcap, etc.

Both the mighty and the solo are way down on my list of desirable vapes but everyone's needs are different.

Personally I'd withhold judgement or personal opinion on a vape I haven't tried. And maybe listen to those who actually use the vape in question.

Not would I go to a vape thread to criticize a vape I haven't tried. If you had a mighty and didn't like it it would be a little different and seen as a review rather than a uninformed opinion.

ZC

@shredder I've tried the mighty and the solo. And the volcano and silver surfer and pax and and and. You don't have to own a vape to have used it. We all have different tastes and preferences.

Trypsy Summers

@dynospec makes a great point. I own the Solo (OG) and Crafty. And the crafty/mighty is definitely more of a weed hog than the Solo. If you like to just take a few hits at a time, the Solo is better choice. If you like to vape the whole bowl in one session, the Mighty is great!

IMHO, The Mighty and The Crafty are NOT the same, I find that the Crafty is alright for a short (I'm just nipping out, back in two tics) event, and when you get back, you kinda smell of weed, or should I say the Crafty does, I don't really like that! However, although the oven and pathway are the same, I just don't rate the Crafty anyway near the Mighty!:\

Recently I've been using (in this particular order) The AROMED 4.0, The Mighty, and also, The One Above All aka The Volcano (Digit). My Crafty is retired, or as good as, I think its been used about three times in the last 6 months. Whereas with the others, its about three times a day (each) - at least!!! Until this week that is,- but that's another story! :rolleyes:

Get me right, The Crafty is a lot better than the rest, but its not as good as the best, there is clear distance between this and the leaders of the pack, about as much distance as between The Crafty and the rest....:hmm:

Not saying;), just saying:\, without saying:hmm:

Pure Peace:leaf:

condor020

i didnt try the solo but i made time to decide myself, this feel like my first gibson, amazing object, it is more than a vaporizer for sure

condor020,
Reactions: ataxian

John Coaltrain

While the OP has already decided on the Mighty, I did a little test myself just now to compare the Mighty to the Solo II. And I figured while I am at it, I might as well compare the ArGo as well.

I am here primarily interested in noting any differences in flavour and cloud production – both important points (for me) when determining comparative value between vaporizers (which was the OP's point of enquiry).

The Vaporizers
  • Each of these vaporizers is relatively new, having been purchased over the last year, just a few months apart.
  • I do not use either of these more than the others, so haven't acquired a better technique on one over another.
  • Each vaporizer was cleaned (isopropyl alcohol) before the test; the cooling unit on the Mighty, and the aroma tubes of the Arizers. The chambers of both Arizers are pristine, as is the oven of the Mighty.
The Test
  • I used a dosing capsule in the Mighty, and both Arizers had domed stainless steel screens against their tube's 4 holed 'screen' (I feel this provides freer draw resistance).
  • The battery in each unit was fully charged.
  • The flower was Lemon Kush, medium grind - a little on the dry side, but still sticky.
  • I powered on each vaporizer at the same time, and at the same temperature (150º c).
  • The Solo II reached the set temperature first, followed by the ArGo, then the Mighty.
  • I gave the Arizers an extra minute or so for their tubes to heat up, then drew twice on each, followed by two draws from the Mighty.
  • I then increased the temperature on each vaporizer by 5º (up to 155º), then drew twice on each unit.
The Results
  • The first draw (150º) was very flavorful on each vaporizer. I would say for me there was no discernable difference in flavour quality/spectrum or quantity between the three vapes.
  • The second draw (155º) produced decent clouds – of almost equal density – in each vaporizer (though very slightly less in the ArGo).
  • The flavour was equal on the second draw (155º), with no diminishment in quality in any of the vaporizers.
In short, I was not able to discern much of a difference in flavour between the three vaporizers, and only a very slightly higher volume in cloud production, with the ArGo producing very slightly less cloud.

I'll likely continue with higher temperatures a little later, and I'll post if anything interesting happens.

John Coaltrain

Intetesting observations. Im assuming this comment was in reference to the Mighty, having slightly higher vapor production? Or you are referring to both Mighty and Solo, compared to Argo?

Yes, for me, the Mighty and Solo II produce a very similar quantity of clouds if I use the same draw technique (direct to lung).

But if I use a slight and intermittent mouth draw technique with the Solo II, I feel it then produces clouds that are a bit thicker/denser than the Mighty (which doesn't seem to accommodate a mouth draw).

Last edited:
Top Bottom