Is the Mighty worth the extra $$$ vs. the Solo2?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don’t have the Mighty but was tempted to buy one a year or so ago but changed my mind. I personally like a glass airpath. I know glass breaks but the vapor flavor is better IMO. It comes down to personal preference. If you are able to try one out that would be my suggestion. Vaporizers are an expensive item especially if it’s over $300.

I’ve had folks like a certain vaporizer. I get excited and buy that vape then decide I don’t like it.

At home I use my log vape. On the go or if I need cordless I use my Solo 2 or my Grasshopper.

Last edited:

Trypsy Summers

Thank you all for the great info and instruction.... I'm much wiser for it! Lots to think about, will definitely check out the other vapes suggested..... but, have to say, I'm leaning towards the Mighty.

Will post here when I've decided.

Thanks again and much love!

My Friend;

All I can say from experience is that; you might like any or even all the other 'portable' vapes that have been mentioned, emphasis on might, but I can guarantee you won't regret the Mighty - emphasis on regret....

But all said and done it's comes down to you, it your choice. But one thing for sure, The Mighty ain't no little league toy, (unless you have wack weed, and there ain't no potency there to start with.):disgust:

Nope, The Mighty is an appliance and its definitely in the BIG LEAGUE! :tup:

Yup! I am saying that.:\

Pure Peace:leaf:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My Friend;

All I can say from experience is that; you might like any or even all the other 'portable' vapes that have been mentioned, emphasis on might, but I can guarantee you won't regret the Mighty - emphasis on regret....

But all said and done it's comes down to you, it your choice. But one thing for sure, The Mighty ain't no little league toy, (unless you have wack weed, and there ain't no potency there to start with.):disgust:

Nope, The Mighty is an appliance and its definitely in the BIG LEAGUE! :tup:

Yup! I am saying that.:\

VAPORIZER'S are appliance's to me? (over-priced)

If your a FLAVOR CHASER I think the SOLO is enough? (with well grown CANNABIS of course)

The MIGHTY if you looking to be wasted!

Trypsy Summers

VAPORIZER'S are appliance's to me? (over-priced)

If your a FLAVOR CHASER I think the SOLO is enough? (with well grown CANNABIS of course)

The MIGHTY if you looking to be wasted!

My Friend,

I agree with you re over-priced, Vaporizers (the good ones) IMHO are vital pieces of kit (or appliances) that are being exploited price-wise, they should be (about ten a penny) cheap cos of the health benefit,
(yeah I know, that's a bit John Lennon-ish, but I ain't the only one)

Indeed your 'cute' observation re The Mighty, shows that you're on point!;) Playa!:clap:

dynospec

One thing that hasnt been mentioned in this thread, that the OP may want to keep in mind is that the Solo2 is likely going to be better for conserving herb, while the Mighty is more likely to use a little more. This is just because of their individual designs, and I think it could be a important factor to alot of people. I dont own a Mighty myself, nor have I had the opportunity to try one yet but I would like to.

Both of the vaporizers in the threads title are great vaporizers, but they are very different beasts and they will suit different types of people. Its hard to say which one you will like best especially since you havent got a lot of experience with different vaporizers; dont be discouraged however I think that is simply a good reason to try all the vaporizers that interest you! Different strokes for different folks, but I think we can almost all agree that vaporizing beats the hell out of combustion!

shredder

I have both a fury 2 and a mighty, and a lot of others, lol. Between the fury 2 and a mighty, is like a Chevy to a caddie. Both are good vapes.

The mighty has much more battery life, it cools the vapor better, it might taste better. It also costs a lot more.

The fury is tiny, heats very fast and is a very reasonable cost. But it does most anything a mighty will do, and is easy to hide and carry.

Between these two any, it gets down to costs, and quality but I would be (and am) happy with both.

Baron23

One thing that hasnt been mentioned in this thread, that the OP may want to keep in mind is that the Solo2 is likely going to be better for conserving herb, while the Mighty is more likely to use a little more.

I don't know why that would be true? I use a liquid pad on top of very small bowls in the native oven and it works fine. I don't go down to .05 g, but certainly .1 g is very easily done this way and the vape is highly effective in this configuration as the LP adds just a bit more conduction at the end of the session, IMO.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Both will work well and are reliable companies with loyal followings. Simply consider what is best for your situation. If I was picking between the two, I'd probably want the Mighty as it looks a bit more discreet for using outdoors in the city. But if being discreet is not such a problem, maybe the glass stem of the Solo will be an attractive choice as the plastic of the Mighty is off putting for some.

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
1) the Solo/Air family lack the sheer power of the Mighty, but are much less in cost and have AMAZING after market parts. You can make the experience your own, but don't need to spend a penny more than what comes with the kit. The Mighty, in my opinion, needs a stand, and doesn't have quite the same after market diversity.
2) they're both stupid versatile units and in some ways I find the Solo packed with hemp fiber or cotton better for concentrates than the Mighty with concentrate pad.
3) the dosing caps are stupid convenient and no Mighty (or Crafty) is complete without a set.

I went from Solo to Crafty. I liked it so much I upgraded my dad from a Solo to a Mighty for his birthday.

dynospec

I don't know why that would be true? I use a liquid pad on top of very small bowls in the native oven and it works fine. I don't go down to .05 g, but certainly .1 g is very easily done this way and the vape is highly effective in this configuration as the LP adds just a bit more conduction at the end of the session, IMO.

Just what Ive been told and read posted by many Mighty users, its not a bad point. Just that the Mighty is going to extract more quickly from the herb (again from anecdotal evidence I havent had the pleasure of using one myself yet). I just thought that the OP might want to know, as its a lot of money to drop on something and then and up maybe not being totally happy with for whatever reason.

The liquid pad idea is a great one, and as a frequent Mighty user its a trick you are aware of, and are making others aware of which I think is great. I had heard of this but didnt think of it, but also am not sure if a Mighty is going to come with liquid pads stock or not, and if not the OP may wish to order them at the same time (assuming of course they order a Mighty).

shredder

Just what Ive been told and read posted by many Mighty users, its not a bad point. Just that the Mighty is going to extract more quickly from the herb (again from anecdotal evidence I havent had the pleasure of using one myself yet). I just thought that the OP might want to know, as its a lot of money to drop on something and then and up maybe not being totally happy with for whatever reason.

The liquid pad idea is a great one, and as a frequent Mighty user its a trick you are aware of, and are making others aware of which I think is great. I had heard of this but didnt think of it, but also am not sure if a Mighty is going to come with liquid pads stock or not, and if not the OP may wish to order them at the same time (assuming of course they order a Mighty).

The mighty's extraction rate is dependent on the set temperature. Hotter extracts faster, just like any other vape. And it does completely extract.

The mighty might come with a sample capsule, I got my mighty before they came out, but it's easy to order capsules and other assessaries from s and b.

dynospec

The mighty's extraction rate is dependent on the set temperature. Hotter extracts faster, just like any other vape. And it does completely extract.

The mighty might come with a sample capsule, I got my mighty before they came out, but it's easy to order capsules and other assessaries from s and b.

In @ohmygodimsohigh 's video comparison of the two it just seemed the Mighty (while set to the same temperature as the solo2) extracted more quickly than the solo2. Bigger hits more quickly, and vapor production tapered off more quickly leading me to believe the load was more spent more quickly.

I cant wait to try one for myself, I just have a hard time spending so much on something especially since I dont have much disposable income currently. I hope the OP gets whichever device they feel will make them happiest, and that this thread helps them decide.

Here is the video :

deeplydp

After much obsessive deliberation........ drum roll please....... the Mighty won out! And I'm very happy.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread..... it's been very educational..... totes appreciated.

I wish all forums had as good a vibe as Fuck Combustion.

Much Love!

elmomuzz

That just happened...
The Mighty is hands down the best portable flower vape money can buy.

With a muzzmod style attachment it does indeed compare to the mighty VapeXhale cloud.

I bought my Mighty when they cost $460 and I have 0 regrets.

MegaMan2k

The mighty really does give off some GREAT flavor.
but it's mainly the flavor chase.

I feel that if i am in a time where i have high tolerance / generally medicate a lot, (in pain?)
that the mighty just don't cut it for me in these time, neither did the plenty.
Sometimes the volcano did, but it would often leave me inhaling so much vapor,
before getting me to where i need to be, that i just end up with a sinus headache(or some kind of headache) on the way to that relief.

To me that beats the purpose of using the devices (this is just my situation, i know loads of people that enjoy their vapes)

but I would gladly sell you my Mighty since i dont really use it anymore. However I am located in the EU.

Thus s&b vapes are of the few ive tried i do not think my situation is limited to that brand.

elmomuzz

That just happened...
None of the herb vapes are going to get you as high as a good solid dab. But still it’s nice to experience the full spectrum.

elmomuzz,
Reactions: shredder

Andorinter

VAPORIZER = HEATING DEVICE

FLAVOR can be a Factor for some?
MONEY 4 some?
LOCATION = LAW's & CULTURE?

The SOLO 4 some?
The MIGHTY 4 other's?

WASTING $ 4 some?
I'm new to these parts. The elegance of your informative poetry is amazing

Andorinter,
Reactions: ataxian

MegaMan2k

None of the herb vapes are going to get you as high as a good solid dab. But still it’s nice to experience the full spectrum.

the volcano often got me just as stoned as a dab would have.

i think my issue is the "amount" of smoke that passes thru my system when vaping herb (after the first few bowls)

But i agree with you on the fact that this is more relevant to herb vapes in general than to the mighty specifically.

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I say skip both and look into the Milaana, Mistvape Touch, Tubo Evic, Grasshopper (very unreliable but awesome), Splinter. I've owned a Mighty and a Solo and I'd pick any of the vapes I just listed over them 100% of the time. Just my :2c:. All the units I listed are on demand with swappable batteries.
Maybe it's generational?

I like the SOLO (BLINGLESS)

CANNABIS not WOOD!
@Andorinter welcome aboard!

Maybe it depend on your exposure?

@MegaMan2k I like the SOLO 1 even.
Some swear by the MIGHTY?

I was a JOINT SMOKER so I FLAVOR CASE!
@CarolKing has the right ideal!

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: lookhigh