Is the Dr Dabber Switch worth for dry herb?

Rab

I have a buddha right now, and while I do love it (have used it for nigh a decade ) I would like something a little more advanced and with the option of not being powered on so much. I had an arizer solo which I gave away, I found it to be too fiddly and weak hitting. I saw the Dr Dabber Switch vape and my eyes lit up, however I read a review on planetofthevapes that said it isn't worth it for dry herb alone.
I was also initially interested in the mighty, but it looks like it has a temperature cap of 210c which slightly misses the full spectrum of effects

Will this be more efficient than the DBV with dry herb? I love the option of doing oils and concentrates with this device but 99% of the time I use dry herb/hash.

Another main appeal it has for me is the ability to get the plant to the point right below combustion and experience similar effects to smoking without actually combusting.. This CAN be done with the buddha and other vapes at higher temps but It is very difficult to achieve without burning. Also I really like the fact that this vape looks as if it can give a bong experience without actually combusting a bowl, which is what I have always wanted really, saving the fiddling around with bongs and water attachments for the DBV.

TLDR, I don't use concentrates much, but still want the option while getting the most out of my herb with something semi portable. do you think the dr dabber switch is right for me? If not would something cheaper like the vapcap/dynavap suffice (They are the metal tube like vapes that you can heat with a butane lighter, im not sure if this would feel too much of a downgrade from the dbv/arizer solo as they look very introductory)

Last edited:
Rab,

DabberChase

Company Rep
Switch works great with flower in my (bias) opinion, but it does take a little while to get dialed in. I definitely recommend setting the temp in the 400 degree range with flower for a more traditional vapor experience. That being said, we also have customers who like the higher heat settings with flower as it can give you much more potent highs than traditional vaporizing or even combustion bongs can accomplish. I recommend checking out our Switch support page for more info on this unit.

DabberChase,
  • Love
Reactions: Rab

Rab

Fantastic, thanks so much for dropping in. I was getting a little skeptical from some reports but it is still very firmly in the want list :) I think most of the negative opinions on the herb function were concerning flavor, which is not an issue here, as I have a DBV for that purpose (very tasty) I care more about the full spectrum of effects and the ability to control them which this seems more than capable of. As the main problem I have with vaporizing herb right now is it doesn't provide the heavier benefits that a bong rip provides, unless I hit the temp just right. (the plus side of this which I am happy sacrificing is the resulting abv makes some very medicinal heavy edibles, I imagine you'd just toss the high temp vaped herb from the switch or use it for topicals)

Does it work well for microdosing too? Im pretty interested in conservation style vapes, but I have an old wychwood I could probably get repaired for that purpose. I really did love that little guy :(

What would you say is the best way of obtaining one of these babies? Should I buy directly from you guys, or look for a UK based seller?

Rab,

DabberChase

Company Rep
Fantastic, thanks so much for dropping in. I was getting a little skeptical from some reports but it is still very firmly in the want list :) I think most of the negative opinions on the herb function were concerning flavor, which is not an issue here, as I have a DBV for that purpose (very tasty) I care more about the full spectrum of effects and the ability to control them which this seems more than capable of. As the main problem I have with vaporizing herb right now is it doesn't provide the heavier benefits that a bong rip provides, unless I hit the temp just right. (the plus side of this which I am happy sacrificing is the resulting abv makes some very medicinal heavy edibles, I imagine you'd just toss the high temp vaped herb from the switch or use it for topicals)

Does it work well for microdosing too? Im pretty interested in conservation style vapes, but I have an old wychwood I could probably get repaired for that purpose. I really did love that little guy :(

What would you say is the best way of obtaining one of these babies? Should I buy directly from you guys, or look for a UK based seller?

The Switch is the most potent device on the market in my opinion. Especially with flower. You can definitely get the full spectrum of effects from your materials, even with smaller loads. We actually get tons of reports of customers saving on materials (Flower/Oils) in the long run as they are able to get the same effects with smaller loads compared to other devices of combustion bongs.

Small loads, big loads, micro dosing, macro dosing, the Switch can do it all with ease.

We do ship directly to the UK if you purchase on our website (feel free to use the code DRDAB15 for 15% off), but we also have distributors in the EU. Search "Dr. Dabber UK" and google and you will get a few options.

The one thing I can say with absolute confidence is you will not be disappointed with the potency of this device.

DabberChase,
  • Love

Rab

Thanks for all the info you have provided on this beautiful looking device. I'm really looking forward to owning one.

Rab,

justcametomind

I have a buddha right now, and while I do love it (have used it for nigh a decade ) I would like something a little more advanced and with the option of not being powered on so much. I had an arizer solo which I gave away, I found it to be too fiddly and weak hitting. I saw the Dr Dabber Switch vape and my eyes lit up, however I read a review on planetofthevapes that said it isn't worth it for dry herb alone.
I was also initially interested in the mighty, but it looks like it has a temperature cap of 210c which slightly misses the full spectrum of effects

Will this be more efficient than the DBV with dry herb? I love the option of doing oils and concentrates with this device but 99% of the time I use dry herb/hash.

Another main appeal it has for me is the ability to get the plant to the point right below combustion and experience similar effects to smoking without actually combusting.. This CAN be done with the buddha and other vapes at higher temps but It is very difficult to achieve without burning. Also I really like the fact that this vape looks as if it can give a bong experience without actually combusting a bowl, which is what I have always wanted really, saving the fiddling around with bongs and water attachments for the DBV.

TLDR, I don't use concentrates much, but still want the option while getting the most out of my herb with something semi portable. do you think the dr dabber switch is right for me? If not would something cheaper like the vapcap/dynavap suffice (They are the metal tube like vapes that you can heat with a butane lighter, im not sure if this would feel too much of a downgrade from the dbv/arizer solo as they look very introductory)
IMHO the Mighty is perfect if you want to do herb, one of the best things is that it does never ever go near combustion while extracting very well.
The Switch should be perfect for people who do concentrates constantly. While using herb it seems like it goes pretty close to pyrolisis/combustion.
My biggest concern is that vaposhop.com, the biggest EU vape reseller, stopped distributing it because (at their say) it combusted herb and it's not a vaporizer. And they would have had all the interest in selling it imho.
If you don't mind charring (at least while dialing in) and/or still combust at times, it could be ok. I'm on the opposite side, and IMHO also the VapCap has a big flaw in this (easy to combust and/or get charred flavor).
Different herbs have different vaporizing temperatures, I wouldn't like having to semi-combust and find the right temperature at the expense of my lungs (but it's just me).
There is a full thread about the vape in this forum, don't limit yourself just to one review.

Last edited:
justcametomind,

Rab

Close to combustion is basically what I want, making it the perfect vape for my use I think.. Combustion itself is definitely an issue though.. Charred, not so much, could it be a technique thing? I know that if I let an inexperienced person use an SSV or DBV at any of the higher temp ranges, the chances of combustion are very high indeed (making the pipes disgusting until they are cleaned) and while I never burn my herb on it anymore, I fail to get it sufficiently torched that there are little to no actives remaining in it. It's interesting that they stopped selling it at vaposhop for that reason. Thanks for your perspective

I would rather have a one hitter that completely torched all of my herb without burning it, thus providing me the full spectrum of benefits , than to have a session style vape akin to the mighty/arizer which seem great for chilling out, tasting, and sharing but not really what I am looking for medically and practically. Having said that I would really like to try the mighty one day and could see myself getting it when I have a life again, and might be moving around more.

Last edited:

Vaporware

I don’t know enough about the Switch to compare it, but I will say that you can ride the edge of combustion with a VapCap. That and a good torch or Induction Heater can also get you what you’re looking for in a small package.

The Firewood 7 is also a great option (one that I’m still learning), but you’d probably want to hear from other users who like to ride the edge of combustion since I stay in the 340-380f range most of the time.

Please come back and let us know how it works out, especially if you go with the Switch since I’ve always thought that dry herb use was a secondary feature that may not be on par with something more geared toward flower use.

Hope you find what you’re looking for!

Rab

Cheers for that. I love the look of the firewood, a little like a nifty portable log and I adore log vapes.
I will most definitely post a review on here or on the dedicated thread, Maybe even upload one to youtube focusing on herb, though some people have done that very well already..
Hopefully I will have acquired one within the coming month. Pretty darn excited and back down the rabbit hole of being interested in vapes and acquiring them :3 Reading threads and reviews is really fun and the community here looks to be even stronger than it was when I got into vaping back in 2012.

Last edited:

Kaptan

If you are still on the fence deciding, check out the Tafee Bowle. Although it is a portable, it can extract most if not all of the good stuff from your herb with the vapor staying cool and not harsh on the throat. I have more than 20 different vapes and this one has pushed all the others to the backseat for now. Check out the Bowle’ thread for more info. Good luck in your search!

Vonv

Just like @Kaptan says...Tafée Bowle is what I'm thinking would check all of your boxes and then some. No tinkering, no quirks, just straight and simple clean heavy hits that leave you medicated with a distinct signature you'll be in awe. Good luck in your search!

Rab

That is easily the strangest thing I have seen all day. At first I thought it was a tea infuser. I couldn't find any videos on it being used sadly, but I had a browse on the thread. I've definitely made up my mind with the switch, but that device looks like it would be perfect for adding to any collection while taking up zero clutter since it could easily just be passed off as a glass!

Rab,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Some good vaporizers can give you the darker abv without to get any hint of taste of combustion while some vaporizers can give you a combusted flowers taste despite the load is still plenty of green. Although there is not so much bad vaporizers around at the moment. Never tested the Switch but from my reading here it's very good with concentrates but not so much with flowers.

Did you gave a look at the GrassHopper/Io? It's THE big hitter... or ONE of them cause there is so many good vaporizers able to do what you want, TinyMight, MiniVap (glass core never failed to impress me!), Glow/Iheat/Splinter with right settings and technic, most butane vaporizers and the last but not the last to impress, the Bowle which can hit very hard despite there is no water filtration available atm (got one and I'm still in love).

Although, most vaporizers can achieve large clouds nowadays, it's all a matter of user technic, packing style, drawing style. To achieve that clouds you just need to understand how a vaporizer work in order to maximize the perf. So the Mighty can produce very large clouds, the Solo2 too and so many others (I seen a video on Reddit of a MFLB hit which is.... terrific!).

kes

some 5am i need sleep input. i can go at length later if prefer - if do a search here i have written before on this.

I love my switch. i use it for flower. have been doing more flower lately than concentrate. you may want to spend time dialing it in. most vapes you have no choices. nothing to "dial in" so if anything thats a compliment to the switch. if you want to do insane temps and cook it - they will let you. there is no one watching over you saying "Hey . don't do that". temp range is full spectrum in itself <LOL>. yes you can get flavor, yes you can do small amounts, or fill it up.

here's one i found interesting. i also have an xvape Fog. i never felt it got the recognition it should have either. very good with flavor. very efficient. i was thinking about it a week or so ago and took it out (everything sits since the switch showed up). so anyway. i put material in the fog. i totally loved the flavor. due to my situation i also try to wring every last drop i can which means no real flavor at the end. but i use the fog at the desired temp and in the end run it up to higher temps. not that ABV looked very well used, not combusted, but it was done . i took that ABV and put it in the fog. i ran the fog at a low temp. blue 1 on advanced which corresponds to 400 as i recall. i got a couple decent hits out of it. that tells me something. allot actually. the abv still looked fine. and though no one will care for this i also ran it up to either top blue (480) or cyan 1 500. i actually got another hit off it. i definitely felt the results but it may be some of those that didn't medicate back in the 60's and 70's would prefer to have a clean fresh bowl all dressed up real perdy like (sorry - told you i was tired LOL0.

short point is it is efficient, it can make your experience whatever you want it to be. are there devices out there that can give a better or stronger flavor. maybe. and that device will be as expensive or more and unable to match the temp capability or ability to do dabs. i can be more detailed but felt a desire to reply when i read the post. and if looking to compare with other dab rigs . well - they wont have induction, they wont have the temperature range and the WIL have atomizers that need to be replaced , that will fail when your trying to impress that special someone <LOL> the switch won't have you experiencing atomizus interuptus.

PLUS - if you reply before midnight tonight we will also include the dancing disco light feature LOL which romantic evening is complete without your choice of light colors, patterns and and swirly things <G>.

I am still looking for the spot where i can install a pair of bose speakers and a flash drive with my MP3 selections.

time for sleep. hope i didn't annoy anyone too much.

oddly this was attached to an email from someone. the questions i was answering should be near it https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dr-dabber-switch-induction-vaporizer.26693/post-1516423

Last edited:
kes,
  • Love

Rab

Thankyou, I really enjoyed reading that, and hope you got some sleep haha. The disco light feature actually sounds kind of great and I love how pretty some vapes tend to be. There are so many that just make the room they are in look better.

It was good to read a report from someone who has had a lot of experience with the device so thanks for sharing your experience and techniques. I
I just hope I can manage to get one, I can get it in a week I think and there is only one UK vendor which sells the device and its a fairly random site so they might be out of stock without actually listing it as out of stock :/
I don't want to risk shipping to the UK (not even sure if its possible) because of the worlds current state of madness, and extra customs charges

Some good vaporizers can give you the darker abv without to get any hint of taste of combustion while some vaporizers can give you a combusted flowers taste despite the load is still plenty of green. Although there is not so much bad vaporizers around at the moment. Never tested the Switch but from my reading here it's very good with concentrates but not so much with flowers.

Did you gave a look at the GrassHopper/Io? It's THE big hitter... or ONE of them cause there is so many good vaporizers able to do what you want, TinyMight, MiniVap (glass core never failed to impress me!), Glow/Iheat/Splinter with right settings and technic, most butane vaporizers and the last but not the last to impress, the Bowle which can hit very hard despite there is no water filtration available atm (got one and I'm still in love).

Although, most vaporizers can achieve large clouds nowadays, it's all a matter of user technic, packing style, drawing style. To achieve that clouds you just need to understand how a vaporizer work in order to maximize the perf. So the Mighty can produce very large clouds, the Solo2 too and so many others (I seen a video on Reddit of a MFLB hit which is.... terrific!).

The grasshopper looks brilliant! Affordable, discreet, heavy hitting, durable, and a lifetime warranty.. I am absolutely getting one of these one day.
I came in wanting one thing now the list has expanded to Mighty, Grasshopper, Davinci Iq2, and a woodscent. :). I have always wanted to try out an underdog vape too after my joy with the wychwood.

Last edited:
Rab,
Top Bottom