Is Nuggetry weed really that good?

hereatlast

Just to interject, OO, not many people have the privilege you're describing above, especially concerning those without medical MJ available. East-coast city prices are well above (embarrassingly in some cases) $50 for 4 grams. $20/gram is very standard in many places, $60/eighth (and as well all know, an eighth=3.5, not much wiggle room there) is as well. Some people just don't have those choices.

hereatlast,

lwien

hereatlast said:
Some people just don't have those choices.

I would say that "most" don't, especially when you add in the amenities that OO states his dealer offers.

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
hereatlast said:
Just to interject, OO, not many people have the privilege you're describing above, especially concerning those without medical MJ available. East-coast city prices are well above (embarrassingly in some cases) $50 for 4 grams. $20/gram is very standard in many places, $60/eighth (and as well all know, an eighth=3.5, not much wiggle room there) is as well. Some people just don't have those choices.
this isn't the east coast, this is a local dispensary.

OO,

momatik

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I'm actually kinda curious about the original topic...

Is Nuggetry really that much better than average to good dispensary cannabis?

momatik,

Nosferatu

momatik said:
I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I'm actually kinda curious about the original topic...

Hahaha me too. Well all I have heard is they have it pretty close to perfection there because even smoking most of their strains you dont have a comedown. There selection looks pretty good in every way. But who knows theres so many dispensaries. I hope someone here tried it.

Nosferatu,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
momatik said:

That is a stretch. This nuggetry place isn't too far from my place, so I may have to try them out, but their prices are high, IMO.

I do not pay over $45 an 1/8 for my meds unless I get a deal (some clinics offer 5 gram 1/8s on certain days during certain times, and other gimmicks). Currently, I am visiting a dispensary that is offering a very very nice Grand Daddy Purple for just $25 an 1/8th. I have been to A LOT of clinics here in so cal, and I can say without a doubt this is the best deal.

The same place offers $3 a gram shake (which is shake from all their nug jars, top shelf included.)

As far as my comment on price as a medical patient: It is what it is. The street isn't much cheaper and usually isn't as good, plus it is illegal and more shaddy (usually). I certainly don't have the time, money, resources to grow...so I'm forced to pay up. But I am very happy and thankful I found a club that works with my financially.

finchrock24,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Hey I'm a Norcal guy here and have been to more than a few dispensaries. I am not going to argue about prices etc. For those outside of california and even inside. Dispensaries get all sorts of product. Some good, some bad, some bad and then turned around an labelled as top shelf.

I've seen top shelf that had mold
top shelf with no smell
top shelf that was outdoor
top shelf that was poorly cured or not flushed
top shelf that had been run through a kief tumbler and still tried to passed off as top shelf.

Having said that and been smoking for over 25 years I can say that Chubbs does have a good thing going with his nuggetry brand. Its not the best bar none, but its consistently very high grade and amongst the best I have ever had. Nuggetry OG, Nuggetry Sour Diesel and Catpiss are all excellent and among the best examples I have ever had. Now is the TrueOG from Elemental Wellness here in the bay as good a Nuggetry OG. I think its a tad better but it costs more.

Nuggetry is not the best but it and a few other dispensaries consistently have high quality meds and none of the BS I describe above that you see a lot of other places. That's not saying there are not other places with great and consistent quality but I can assure you CPA and Elemental Wellness are two of those places.

if you live in so cal. find out for yourself and make your own decision. and even if your not like me you can still make a trip over there to check it out. I'll be going back next time I am in LA. Especially since the place down the street from my buddies charges $80/8th for some killer OG. $60 tax included doesn't sound that bad. And actually as of today CPA lowered it prices to $55. TrueOG from elemental is $65/8th but that is currently my favorite bud in the world bar none. Its just exceptional in every way, IMO.

That said there can be great deals at dispensaries. I bought some outdoor bio-diesel all buds, no shake, a few seeds for $80 a Oz. Got a nice beautiful Oz of some hindu skunk for $250 the other day.

Law of diminishing returns applies to buds as it does to everything else. I usually try to have a stock in a variety of strains and grades.

Cheers,
Frothy
Bay Area, CA

ru_frothi,

ThouShaltVape

Loves Me Some MMJ
finchrock24 said:
Currently, I am visiting a dispensary that is offering a very very nice Grand Daddy Purple for just $25 an 1/8th. I have been to A LOT of clinics here in so cal, and I can say without a doubt this is the best deal.

The same place offers $3 a gram shake (which is shake from all their nug jars, top shelf included.)

Can you share the name? I bet that $3 shake would be great for cooking and/or rolling. I'm in SD -- so not sure if you mean LA when you say SoCal.

Thanks!

ThouShaltVape,

ThouShaltVape

Loves Me Some MMJ
To answer the question: I have to wholeheartedly agree w/rufrothy -- the clubs vary just like anything else and buyer beware. I honestly wish I were better at really distinguishing quality. What's worked for me is tipping well the first few times, building a relationship w/some of knowledgeable budtenders and letting them guide me. I have a couple that I see regularly and they've always steered me in the right direction (oh an they hook it up FAT when you tip just a little -- b/c most people don't)

ThouShaltVape,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I'm in the greater LA area...probably a little bit of a drive if your comin from SD.

Tipping is hit or miss. A family member is very generous to their tenders and always drops some in the jar, and usually its $10 bill or more. After several trips (usually a trip consisted of buying at least 1 once, if not 2 or 3) and several tips (each trip is a $10ish dollar tip) he asks why he doesn't receive an edible or gram for his generosity. The manager simply said we don't give anything away. They stopped tipping and the only thing that has change is that my relative has more money in their pocket!

I usually will tip if I ask to see lots of strains, or have a split order or something like that.

finchrock24,

JohnDank

imo yes. iv been to alot dispenseries in socal and none have compared to cpa. iv traveled as far as the valley,i live in the IE, to get the best meds but wasnt feelin the 200 mile round trip trek out there,once i found cpa i havent been to another dispensary. if u have the chance check them out,do so.

JohnDank,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
i'm going, nuf sed...their Mace Windu or Sour Skywalker look to be up my alley...

except....

local dispensary owner told me:
he doesn't buy from mexico
he buys from patients and locals
he pays over $3,600 per pound
he has three employees and a store front
he's been raided (because the Feds are opening up shop nearby, so the local constabulary just busts in and says he's not non-profit because he has $800 bucks at the end of the day, with three employees, where's Obama when we need him?)

I like that the growers are protected, just wish one would sell to me...lol...i know one, but that's a no-no i guess...he says

this picture flies in the face of what i've been lead to believe by the popular media, and i know from the grower that some growers travel to sell for higher prices even though they shouldn't, and some big ones, who knows, but some collectives are doing it right.

i'll try Nuggetry tomorrow, only 45 min away, report back tomorrow...

(I always tip $2 bucks, $3 if they spent more time, i'm broke and unemployed, not cheap. hahaha, no offense)

one strip mall with five collectives over in Lake Forest, but they're all being sued by the City. hope they win and the tax payers oust those stupid admins, playing fast and loose with tax payer money like that!)

VWFringe,

rtwoite

I would most definately pay the premium. Sooo many awkard situations to be avoided. Around here when presented with bad product, its not very safe to decline :uhoh: Though I imagine that is somewhat universal. I once got a taxi driver to sell me a dime of swagg. He gave me a ride 6 mo. prior and I remember He had dreads. Sue me for profiling but I just called the guy up and told him my situation and He said He'd have to check me out. We met, I paid double, he drove me a little ways and then dropped the herb out the window. He said "There you go. I gotta make sure cause I don't know you." I thought I'd been had but I located the sack whilst traffic accumulated behind me and dread man drove away. Pocketed it and kept walking. So many more stories I would gladly trade in for access to a dispensary

rtwoite,

fidget

Hippie Dickie said:
a gram will last me about 40 days

at a gram per day, that sounds like a placebo effect to me.
scarjo_popcorn.gif

fidget,

lwien

Hippie Dickie said:
a gram will last me about 40 days

at a gram per day, that sounds like a placebo effect to me.

Well, here's the deal. I only have one vape session a day (every day), and it happens at night at around 9:00pm. It's not uncommon for people to state that one PD stem will do them just fine for a few hours. Same with me. So, one PD stem at 9.00 and by 11:00-11:30, I'm ready for bed, ergo.......one gram lasting 40 days.

lwien,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i respect your restraint ... i'm tied to my desk all day and it takes me 3 or 4 sessions to survive my ordeal. And i do enjoy the process. And caressing my BT ... like the PD, wood and vaping just go together.

Hippie Dickie,

lwien

Hippie Dickie said:
i respect your restraint ...

It's not really restraint, HD. I just don't have any desire or need to vape any more often than I do.

What I am trying to do though is to cut it down from every night to every other night and THAT takes a bit of restraint. Haven't been too successful at doing that. Guess it's all relative to what one is used to doing.

lwien,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
lwien, you are a better man than i,
\
visited Nuggetry tonight, I was kind of WOW'd

Zales Jewelry Store for pot, maybe a tad more secure than the average Zales (product is pre-weighed "each day"), I think their security protocol has someone come eyeball you and ask you to speak before they invite you in back, but it totally came accross as just being attentive and customer service oriented.

three gal tenders, mine answered everything i threw at her

good selection, looks like good genetics

concentrates kiosk maybe 20 types, some runny, some buddered

edibles look good, red velvet cakes look a little bigger than online

2 day t-break, so not very good judge, but seems like good diesel, good diablo, each had me doubling over after a good hit. def planetary, but no Earth, maybe not even mars - well, as good as any mars i've had around here, but in a stricter sense, no
hope that helps,

VWFringe,

Revvy

I'll have to remember to check this place out after my break. It's just down the street.

Revvy,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I take that back, this Diablo might rate a "Mars" on the planetary scale...
maybe i'm just taking too big a hits tho, i want more now and i've only been typing this for twenty minutes.

VWFringe,
Top Bottom